IndiaDivine.org

Bhagavan Krishna never foresakes His devotee

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pranam to all Vaishnavas,

Bhagavan Krishna never forsakes His devotee

Devotion holds the key to understanding the relationship between Bhagavan Krishna and His devotee. On his part the devotee must repose total faith in the saving grace of the Bhagavan without resorting to other means to alleviate his condition. Krishna never forsakes His devotee and it is devotion which forges this steadfast bond between them. Suffering only increases the faith of the devotee in Krishna’s Divine grace and the instances highlighting this

unique feature serve to enhance one's devotion and faith in the Bhagavan during vicissitudes in life.

In a candid manner Rukmini had despatched a messenger to Sri Krishna beseeching Him to come to her rescue when her brother had decided to get her married to Sisupala, pointing out that He must do so to save His reputation as the Almighty since she had totally surrendered to Him. She refers to the Bhagavan as ``Achyuta'' in this context thus underscoring that He is the saviour. Similarly, Narayanana Bhattatiri in his hymn ‘ Narayaneeyam’ says with conviction that Krishna should cure him of his illness so that others would not lose faith in His

benevolent grace. The merciful Bhagavan fulfilled the wishes of both these devotees immediately.

During Krishna's Rama avatara, Sita's reply to Hanuman (when he offered to reunite Her with Rama seeing Her distress in the Ashoka grove) also highlighted this truth. Thinking that Sita was not convinced how such a small monkey like him could carry Her on his shoulders across the ocean, Hanuman assumed a gigantic form to allay Her doubts about his strength and prowess. It is necessary to understand the relationship between Rama and Sita as that between the Lord and devotee to appreciate this subtlety here, which is how it is interpreted by commentators. Sita was the incarnation of Goddess Mahalakshmi and hence it is needless to say that She could have destroyed the entire Lanka along with Ravana by Her mere will. She did not and instead chose to wait for the Lord to redeem Her.

The Kamba Ramayanam explains this in Sita's own words, ``If Lanka on the Trikoota mountain is not made into a mountain of bones, how can my good lineage, my character and my unimpeachable chastity be demonstrated? One word uttered by Me would have been sufficient not only to burn Lanka inhabited by the Rakshasas who have taken to torturing others as a profession, but also all the worlds. I discarded the thought because it would bring discredit to the prowess of noble Rama's archery.'' She further told him to tell Lord Rama that She would stay alive only for one month within which He should claim Her.

Lord Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 9, Sloka 22 ) :

ananyas cintayanto mam / ye janah paryupasatetesam nityabhiyuktanam / yoga-ksemam vahamy ham( However, for those who are always absorbed in thoughts of Me, and who worship Me with one-pointed devotion by every means, I Myself achieve their necessities and preserve their assets .)

OM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA!!!

Krishna’s Dasi Jayamma.

Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'