IndiaDivine.org

Some Beautiful quotes from Srimad Bhagavad Gita

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Please accept my humble obeisances. Here are some verses which I treasure most of all.

Everyone is forced to act helplessly according to the qualities he has acquired from the modes of material nature; therefore No one can refrain from doing something, not even for a moment.(Chapter 3, Verse 5)

Others, who are interested in achieving self-realization through control of the mind and senses, offer the functions of all the senses, and of the life breath, as oblations into the fire of the controlled mind.(Chapter 4, Verse 27)

Anyone who quits his body, at the end of life, remembering Me, attains immediately to My nature; and there is no doubt of this. (Chapter 8, Verse 5)

To those who are constantly devoted to serving Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me.(Chapter 10, verse 10)

If you cannot take to this practice(of Bhakti), then engage yourself in the cultivation of knowledge.Better than knowledge, however, is meditation, and better than meditation is renunciation of the fruits of action, for by such renunciation one can attain peace of mind.(Chapter 12, verse 12)

That supreme abode of mine is not illuminated by the sun or the moon or fire or electricity. Those who reach it never return to this material world.(chapter 15, verse 6)

The living entities in this conditioned world are my eternal fragmental parts. Due to conditioned life, they are struggling very hard with the six senses, which includes the mind. (Chapter15, verse 7 )

The living entity in this material world carries his different conceptions of life from one body to another as the air carries aromas. This he takes one kind of body and again quits it to take another.(Chpater 15,verse 8)

The foolish cannot understand how a living entity can quit his body, nor can they understand what sort of body he enjoys under the spell of the modes of nature. But one whose eyes are trained in knowledge can see all this. (Chapter 15, Verse 10)

I am the fire of digestion in the bodies of all living entities, and I join with the air of life, outgoing and incoming, to digest the four kinds of foodstuff.(Chpater 15, verse 14)

I am seated in everyone's heart, and from Me come remembrance, knowledge and forgetfulness. By all the Vedas, I am to be known. Indeed, I am the compiler of Vedanta, and I am the knower of the Vedas.(Chapter 15, verse 15)

Fearlessness,purification of one's existence, cultivation of spiritual knowledge, charity, self control, performance of sacrifice, study of vedas, austerity, simplicity, non-violence, truthfulness, aversion to fault finding, compassion for all living entities, freedom from covetousness, gentleness, modesty, steady determination, vigor, forgiveness, fortitude, cleanliness, and freedom from envy and from the passion for honor- these transcendental qualities, O son of Bharata, belong to godly men endowed with divine nature.(Chapter 16 verses 1,2,3)

Pride, arrogance, conceit,anger,harshness and ignorance - these qualities belong to those of demoniac nature, O Arjuna.(Chapter 16, verse 4)

Prescribed duties should never be renounced. If one gives up his prescribed duties because of illusion, such renunciation is said to be in the mode of ignorance.(Chapter 18, verse 7)

It is indeed impossible for an embodied being to give up all activities. Therefore it is said that he who renounces the fruits of action is one who has truly renounced. (Chapter 18,verse 11)

That action which is performed witout attatchement, without love or hatred, and without desire for fruitive results is said to be in the mode of goodness.(Chapter 18,verse 23)

Action performed with great effort by one seeking to gratify his desires, and enacted from a sense of false ego, is called action in the mode of passion.(chapter 18, verse 24)

That action performed in illusion, in disregard of scriptural injunctions, and without concern for future bondage or for violence or distress caused to others is said to be in the mode of ignorance.(Chapter 18, verse 25)

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Sanjeev Punj