IndiaDivine.org

A Devotee is Kind

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, A Devotee is Kind

A devotee is an ocean of mercy. He loves all seeing everyone as the dear children of Lord Sri Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Because Krishna has unlimited love for all living beings, and because Krishna's pure devotee is qualitatively one with Him, the devotee naturally loves everyone. This love is not artificial like the the love of the so-called philanthropist who helps the poor to

enhance his reputation. The devotee spontaneously loves everyone of out his natural love for Krishna. He never puts anyone into difficulty, not even an ant, what to speak of a cow.

yasman nodvijate loko

lokan nodvijate ca yah

harsamarsa-bhayodvegair

mukto yah sa ca me priyah

("He by whom no one is put into difficulty and who is not disturbed by anyone, who is equipoised in happiness and distress, fear and anxiety, is very dear to Me." Bhagavad-gita 12.15 )

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

What is Action in Inaction?

Worshipable Swamiji,

My humble pranams. In the fourth chapter of the Bhagavad Gita As It Is, Lord Krishna says that one who sees action in inaction and inaction in action is an intelligent person. As for inaction in action I believe it means unattachment to what one does; what is meant by action in inaction, Swamiji?

G. Krishnamurthy

The Perfectional Stage of Pure Krishna Bhakti

My Dear Krishnamurthy,

Please accept my blessings. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.This verse of the Bhagavad-gita you are inquiring about is most sublime:

karmany akarma yah pasyed

akarmani ca karma yah

sa buddhiman manusyesu

sa yuktah krtsna-karma-krt

("One who sees inaction in action, and action in inaction, is intelligent among men, and he is in the transcendental position, although engaged in all sorts of activities." BG 4.l8)

Your understanding of inaction in action is not complete. Inaction in action means that when you act in devotional service there are no material reactions, there is no karma. Although you are very active spiritually, you are totally inactive materially.

Action in inaction means that those who try to renounce this material world by not doing anything still remain active. They cannot avoid remaining active. Just by their breathing they are killing so many microbial germs thus creating more karma for themselves and remaining entangled in the cycle of birth and death.

Hoping this meets you in good health and in a cheerful mood, Your eternal well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari