IndiaDivine.org

Lotus Feet of Bhagavan Krishna , the Ultimate Goal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna. Pranam to all Vasihanvas,

Lotus Feet of Bhagavan Krishna, the Ultimate Goal

Bharat (India) has been the land of sages, seers and saints who propagated the country's sacred culture to the rest of the world and earned name and fame. The contribution of such noble souls is however being forgotten today. It is to be remembered that the basic truth is that Bharat relies on its spiritual wealth. Many noble souls faced hardships and criticism, yet they remained firm in their resolve to set an ideal to humanity.

When their message spread, many people turned envious and the nation's history is replete with examples which bear testimony to this Truth.

Jealousy and benevolence are usually termed as sisters. The former has three children - desire, anger and hatred. People experience problems because of the three evil forces which always raised obstacles in the path of progress. Many are unable to recognise the existence of Truth and love in those who bring solace to the downtrodden. On the other hand, others do accept everything good that comes from anyone. It is necessary to cultivate this spirit of tolerance and appreciate whatever noble deeds that a few individuals had done to relieve the distress of the people in various ways.

For possessing such fine ideals, one should lead a life of virtue and increase one's faith in Krishna . As this belief in the unseen Supreme Power Sri Krishna gets generated within, all wicked tendencies will vanish. Hence none should give up spiritual formalities which enable one to adhere to righteousness. Betrayal of Krishna is the worst of all sins. It is incumbent on people to salute even those who criticise them, becoming fully conscious that

Krishna is present in all. Once a saint encountered the demon of envy which wanted to devour him. The Saint smiled and replied ``I love you too,'' hearing which the demon immediately turned into a dove that symbolises love and peace and flew aways. A man becomes a devotee of Sri Krishna in the true sense only when he displays patience and conquers evil forces lurking within him.

In reply to a question by Arjuna whether there is anyone very dear to Him, Bhagavan Krishna said ``I have neither a friend nor a foe. I am present in every heart. I reside even amongst those who criticise Me. Anyone who sees God in all is loved by Me. A devotee is related to Me not by birth but by his intense love shown to Me. You make Me sit in a chariot but not in the chambers of your heart.'' There are no greater ideals than Truth, Virtue, Patience and Love. It is equally important for a devotee to realise that Sri Krishna is the God of Gods and the

ultimate goal is to reach His lotus feet .

Srimad Bhagavatam says the following in Canto 1, Chapter 2 :

TEXT 17

çåëvatäà sva-kathäù kåñëaù

puëya-çravaëa-kértanaù

hådy antaù stho hy abhadräëi

vidhunoti suhåt satäm

(Sri Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the Paramatma [supersoul] in everyone’s heart and the benefactor of the truthful devotee, cleanses desire for material enjoyment from the heart of the devotee who has developed the urge to hear His messages, which are in themselves virtuous when properly heard and chanted.)

TEXT 18

nañöa-präyeñv abhadreñu

nityaà bhägavata-sevayä

bhagavaty uttama-çloke

bhaktir bhavati naiñöhiké

(By regular attendance in classes on the Bhagavatam and by rendering of service to the pure devotee, all that is troublesome to the heart is almost completely destroyed, and loving service unto the Personality of Godhead, who is praised with transcendental songs, is established as an irrevocable fact.)

TEXT 19

tadä rajas-tamo-bhäväù

käma-lobhädayaç ca ye

ceta etair anäviddhaà

sthitaà sattve prasédati

(As soon as irrevocable loving service is established in the heart, the effects of nature’s modes of passion and ignorance, such as lust, desire and hankering, disappear from the heart. Then the devotee is established in goodness, and he becomes completely happy.)

TEXT 20

evaà prasanna-manaso

bhagavad-bhakti-yogataù

bhagavat-tattva-vijïänaà

mukta-saìgasya jäyate

(Thus established in the mode of unalloyed goodness, the man whose mind has been enlivened by contact with devotional service to the Lord gains positive scientific knowledge of the Personality of Godhead in the stage of liberation from all material association.)

TEXT 21

bhidyate hådaya-granthiç

chidyante sarva-saàçayäù

kñéyante cäsya karmäëi

dåñöa evätmanéçvare

(Thus the knot in the heart is pierced, and all misgivings are cut to pieces. The chain of fruitive actions is terminated when one sees the self as master.)

TEXT 22

ato vai kavayo nityaà

bhaktià paramayä mudä

väsudeve bhagavati

kurvanty ätma-prasädaném

(Certainly, therefore, since time immemorial, all transcendentalists have been rendering devotional service to Bhagavan Krishna, the Personality of Godhead, with great delight, because such devotional service is enlivening to the self.)

TEXT 23

sattvaà rajas tama iti prakåter guëäs tair

yuktaù paraù puruña eka ihäsya dhatte

sthity-ädaye hari-viriïci-hareti saàjïäù

çreyäàsi tatra khalu sattva-tanor nåëäà syuù

( The transcendental Personality of Godhead is indirectly associated with the three modes of material nature, namely passion, goodness and ignorance, and just for the material world’s creation, maintenance and destruction He accepts the three qualitative forms of Brahma, Vishnu and Siva. Of these three, all human beings can derive ultimate benefit from Vishnu, the form of the quality of goodness.)

OM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA!!!

SriKrishnaDasa RajeevSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.