IndiaDivine.org

Praying for Protection

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, Praying for Protection

This material world is a world of dangers. The allurement of Maya or illusion is there at every second to try to deviate us from the path of bhakti. It is very easy to fall down from devotional service, but so hard to advance. Therefore whatever advancement we have made should be very carefully guarded. The devotee, therefore, is always praying to Lord Krishna to protect him from being deviated from the path of Bhakti or devotion.

When Lord Caitanya toured South India he chanted the following mantra for protection:

Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! he Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! he Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! raksha mam Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! pahi mam Rama! Raghava! Rama! raghava! Rama! raghava! raksha mam Krishna! Keshava! Krishna! Keshava! Krishna!

Keshava! pahi mam .

( "O Lord Krishna, please protect Me and maintain Me. O Lord Rama, descendant of King Raghu, please protect Me. O Krishna, O Keshava, killer of the Keshi demon, please maintain Me." )

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Why Is Krishna Hidden?

My Merciful Master,

Please accept my reverence to your holy feet.

Master, why has Krishna left us groping in the dark. Why is He hidden? At least to make a choice between the material and the spiritual, shouldn't the spiritual be more manifest? There is love and longing in every soul for the Creator but it is like the love of a posthumous child for his invisible father.

If a man is a spirit/soul and the soul is not touched by pain/pleasure, life or death, what is it that suffers?

Some days back , it was debated whether God is male or female. A person does not even know whether he or she is male or female in a temporary state of sleep, as the spirit is above this material distinction. Then how can we seek gender in divinity?

Ever greedy for your blessings,

Your own,

Yudhisthira

He is Not Hidden. We Have Closed Our Eyes.

My Dear Yudhisthira,

Please accept my blessings. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Krishna did not leave us groping in the dark. We voluntarily left His kingdom to enter this dark material world. He is not hidden. We have simply closed our eyes. The spiritual reality is fully manifest at every moment. We simply have to hear submissively from the bona fide spiritual master and then the entire spiritual world becomes manifest.

The man is suffering psychologically because he was misidentified with matter. This is due to ignorance. If he becomes purely Krishna conscious, there is no more suffering.

Everything exists in Sri Krishna because He is the source of everything. Therefore gender must also exist in Him. He cannot possess anything less than we do because He owns everything. Hence masculinity and femininity both exist in Him. There is nothing that He does not possess.

Hoping this meets you in good health and in a cheerful mood, Your eternal well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari