IndiaDivine.org

Sri Krishna is the Origin of all Devatas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Book knowledge without realization of the Supreme Truth is useless.

atah sri-krsna-namadi

na bhaved grahyam indriyaih

sevonmukhe hi jihvadau

svayam eva sphuraty adah

("No one can understand the transcendental nature of the name, form, quality and pastimes of Sri Krishna through his materially contaminated senses. Only when one becomes spiritually saturated by transcendental service to the Lord are the transcendental name, form, quality and pastimes of the Lord revealed to him." (Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu 1.2.234) ).

This Bhagavad-gita is the science of Krishna consciousness. No one can become Krishna conscious simply by mundane scholarship. One must be fortunate enough to associate with a person who is in pure consciousness. A Krishna conscious person has realized

knowledge, by the grace of Krishna, because he is satisfied with pure devotional service. By realized knowledge, one becomes perfect. By transcendental knowledge one can remain steady in his convictions, but by mere academic knowledge one can be easily deluded and confused by apparent contradictions. It is the realized soul who is actually self-controlled, because he is surrendered to Krishna. He is transcendental because he has nothing to do with mundane scholarship. For him mundane

scholarship and mental speculation, which may be as good as gold to others, are of no greater value than pebbles or stones.

Sri Krishna has profoundly blessed us with the wisdom of how we can easily come to the platform of pure Krishna consciousness. We must have contact with a pure devotee of Krishna because spiritual enlightenment is not something academic like a university course. Krishna consciousness is

imparted into the heart of anyone who sincerely takes shelter of Krishna’s pure devotee.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Contact Information:

Phone: 1-512-835-2121

Email: questions

What is the Origin of the Supreme Lord?

All glories goes to Srila Prabhupada,

Dear Prabhu,

I have a complicated question, I'm a devotee of Krishna. My name is Ashvin.

My question is, "How and what is the origin of the Supreme Lord?"

Where does He comes from. Why is He eternal, always existing? I don't know how to ask you. It's actually my sister who is asking me this.

I tried to explain to her that the Supreme Lord is eternal, that He is not born or created but He is there eternally and that everything comes from Him. All sources of existence depend on Him. And I explained about the three forms of Lord Vishnu, namely Garbhodashaki Vishnu, Ksirodakasayi Vishnu, etc, but still my sister said that you are saying all these Vishnus, as well as Brahma, Shiva, etc come from Him, but where does God come from?

So I told her that we are not on that level spiritually to know that.

So, dear Prabhu, do you have any better explanation?

Thanks,

Ashvin

Sri Krishna is the Origin of all Devatas.

My Dear Ashvin,

Please accept my blessings. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Your sister's question is a question that many people have. They want to know what is the origin of the Supreme Lord. It is categorically stated by Lord Brahma in the Brahma-Samhita, "anadir adir Govindah--Krishna has no origin, yet He is the origin of all, and His name is Govinda."

God, by definition, means the original source of everything. If He has some other source, that source would be God, not Him. We accept Krishna as that source because He declares Himself to be it in the Bhagavad-gita and because His claim is substantiated by all the great Vedic authorities such as Shiva, Brahma, Vedavyas, etc. Sri Krishna exists eternally not by any power outside of Himself. He exists eternally by His own sweet will to enjoy loving relationships with His devotees.

Hoping this meets you in good health and in a cheerful mood, Your eternal well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari