IndiaDivine.org

Sri Shankara - The Bramhavadi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sri Shankara - a Bramhavadi and *not* a Mayavadi, as many ignorant people say. If you do not understand what is meant by Brahmavadi then talk to your Guru. To understand his Krishna bhakthi, understand the meaning of Shankara's songs on Narayana like - Ranganathashtakam (Sri Rangam), Pandurangashtakam (Pandarpur), Gangashtakam (Ganges - Hari Pada Thirtam), Yamunashtakam (Brindavan), and more... Ofcourse no one can forget his Bhaja Govindam, which emphasises that namasankeertanam is the kali-dharma.

Unfortunately, some pundits do not understood the great Shankara's teaching and his Sri Krishna Bhakthi and love for Radhe-Krishna.

A small gist of how Sri Shankara wrote these songs. I am penning down whatever I had retained in memory after listening to Sri Sri Anna's upanyasam.

At Sri Jaganath's temple, he didn't see Krishna in form of Krishna-Balaram-Subadra but Radhe-Krishna gave him darshan, and he jumped out of joy doing namasankeertanam like Sri Chaitanya...

At Kashi, a Shiva kshetra, and Shankara being Siva incarnate... but didn't sing of Siva, but at the ganges banks, he sang the Gangashtakam, and Krishnastakam. He prayed to Krishna that make him be close to Hari-pada-thirtham always.

At Brindavan, he jumped with joy and sang the Yamunashtakam, with words like "hey krishna! why are making me roam here and there, make me a fish or a blade of grass in the pure Yamuna". At once, Sri Krishna gave darshan to him and passed on a tulsi leaf and a flower along the Yamuna. Shankara, on seeing a strand of hair on the flower, was taken back because he being a Sanyasi cannot even touch a female sculpture. But, when he looked up, he saw it was his mother, Radhe's prasad and lo! he jumped with joy.

I think for a true bhaktha of Sri Krishna, all his bhakthas are Sri Krishna himself for us. Anyone can easily talk ill about a mahan, but mahans look at everyone as Sri Krishna himself.

To know more about Sri Shankara, listen to Sri Sri Krishna Premi's maharaj's upanyasam.

KrishnaKrishnaKrishnaKrishnaKrishnaKrishnaKrishnaKrishnaKrishnaKrishnaKrishna

Discover Get on-the-go sports scores, stock quotes, news more. Check it out!