IndiaDivine.org

Krishna is a unique person , one without a second equivalent

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The vedas originated from the Lotus Lips of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krishna.

Lord krishna says in Chapter 15, Sloka 15 :-

sarvasya caham hrdi sannivisto mattah smrtir jnanam apohanam ca vedais ca sarvair aham eva vedyo vedanta-krd veda-vid eva caham

Translation: I am seated in everyone's heart, and from Me come remembrance, knowledge and forgetfulness. By all the Vedas I am to be known; indeed I am the compiler of Vedanta, and I am the knower of the Vedas.

Krishna shows Arjuna everything including the very special Viraat Rupa, which may never be shown to anyone again. He also appeals to Arjuna that there is no need for detailed knowledge of all krishna's Opulences, because they are so vast and countless, but simply knowing Krishna is sufficient. However for the scholars this detailed knowledge is available. The devotees care just for Krishna, and are always eager to perform service.

The tendency to speculate is common among the philosophers of this world but does not help much in crossing the sea of ignorance. Chanting humbly even once can help a devotee cross the sea of ignorance. The devotee avoids the impersonal aspects which are dry and devoid of Rasa.

Many people have a hard time conceiving that God can be an actual person. But the Vedas tell us that God's unique personal identity is His highest aspect. Here's an analogy to show how God has three main features.

Looking at a mountain from a distance, we can make out only its size and shape. This is compared to comprehending God only as Brahman, His impersonal energy, which emanates from Him just as light shines out from its source.

As we move closer, we'll start to make out more of the mountain's characteristics—the colors of its foliage, for example. This is compared to understanding that God is within our hearts as Paramatma, or the Supersoul.

Finally, when we arrive at the mountain we can explore its soil, vegetation, animals, rivers, and so on. This is compared to understanding God the person, or Bhagavan.

Bhagavan is the source of Brahman and Paramatma and is therefore, in a sense, one with them. In the Srimad-Bhagavatam, Brahman, Paramatma, and Bhagavan are called the three phases of the Absolute Truth.

Leave aside endless arguments because Krishna surpasses every concieveable concept, and is beyond the comprehension of the minds of man. If One can in a lifetime understand even a minute fraction of the vast sea of Knowledge that Krishna commands, and if one is able to serve a servant of Lord Krishna, then one's purpose in life is fulfilled. This service is not blind, but starts after understanding the truth completely and perfectly. This service draws the devotee closer to the imperishable spiritual world, and the devotee eventually develops an imperishable spiritual body, as the material body slowly falls off due to old age. Such advanced devotees avoid excessive contact with the material world. It will be a great blessing indeed to serve such advanced devotees and one must never miss this chance.

I bow before the disciples of Srila Prabhupada, who opened up the vast knowledge of the science of self realisation, and helped so many to move ahead in spiritual life. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Jai Sri krishna!