IndiaDivine.org

Blessed by the Sages

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Blessed by the Sages

It is very wonderful to be in the presence of the great sages . There is one thing that enables us to quickly advance on the path of bhakti yoga or Krishna consciousness. What is that? The association of such great sages, Bhagavan Sri Krishna’s saintly devotees. By their loving compassion, which is the manifestation of Krishna's mercy, we

can feel in their presence the transcendental bliss of Krishna consciousness, and by hearing the words of wisdom emanating from their lotus-like mouths we become enlightened in transcendental knowledge. Therefore we must always seek out the association of such spiritually enlightened sages who can bless us with the highest truth, reality distinguished from illusion for the welfare of all.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

How Can the World Function If Everyone is Krishna Conscious?

My Dear Gurudeva,

Please accept my respectful obeisances to you. All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I have finished reading the Bhagavad-gita verse translations. And now I am reading the explanations of each verse. I find these explanations extremely helpful in understanding and expanding the views on each of the verses. So now I understood what you meant when you said, "Each of us is a particle of God." And that is why afterwards I did not ask for more elaborate explanation.

But now I have another question. In the Bhagavad-gita, Sri Krishna explains that one should not renounce his work. But instead one should do his work and renounce the fruit of that work. This is a beautiful concept and I have since, tried to practice it. What I don't understand is : Since being conscious about Krishna, I have started feeling satisfied. In the sense, I do not long for anything. I feel Sri Krishna provides me

with all my necessities and so I do not have to struggle for that. I am satisfied with what I am earning currently. I am satisfied with the food that I offer first to Krishna and then eat. So all in all this is a great feeling, because Sri Krishna has got rid of my greed.

Now the question :

If we consider, just for the sake of argument, that everyone, in this world feels satisfied with what he/she has. In other words no one is greedy anymore. So how will this world go on. I mean, today I am happy with what small salary I get. I can lead a very happy life with this attitude of being satisfied in what Krishna has given me. But then let us consider, Ratan Tata, or JRD Tata (famous Indian industrialists) for example. If they would have been satisfied, then

the whole Tata enterprise (huge Indian manufacturing conglomerate) would have never existed. And also more than 100,000 people would have to do something else to earn their livelihood. And so to expand this idea, consider that if all the Vaishyas (the entrepreneurs or business people) were satisfied, then there wouldn't have been any jobs, and people who are not entrepreneurs but just workers, how would they earn their livelihood to advance in Krishna consciousness?

This is a question which I just don't find any satisfying answer for it. Having considered that we should have desires but only those desires, that further our Krishna consciousness, then how should we practically understand this, that everyone in this world is working to produce something that furthers their Krishna consciousness.

I am sure this question shows my lack of knowledge and understanding of anything I have read so far. But that's why I am a fallen soul, and so I am eager to get an answer which will clear these things from my mind.

So please tell me something that will satisfy my mind and something that answers this question.

A honestly surrendered soul ,

Saurabh Jog

-------------------------------

Very Nicely

My Dear Saurabh,

Please accept my blessings.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

If everyone is satisfied then everyone can have a small piece of land to produce their food and we can utilize God's gifts of the Cow and Bull for our milk, plowing, and transportation. Soon the earth is going to run out of petrol anyway and Tata will be finished.

Hoping this meets you in good health and in a cheerful mood, Your eternal well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari