IndiaDivine.org

How to become Sri Krishna's Devotee

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Only such a person whom Lord Sri Krishna wants for Himself would show the interest to be His devotee. Millions of devotees have experienced Sri Krishna’s merciful grace in their lives . Lord Sri Krishna the supreme personality of Godhead has committed the following in His divine message to His disciple Arjuna , known as Bhagavad Gita ( Song of God) :

Chapter 9, Verse - 18

I am the goal, the sustainer, the master, the witness, the abode, the refuge, and the most dependable friend. I am the creation and the annihilation, the basis of everything, the resting place and the eternal seed.

Chapter 9, Verse – 22

However, for those who are always absorbed in thoughts of Me, and who worship Mewith one-pointed devotion by every means, I Myself carry their necessities and preserve what they have.

Chapter 9, Verse – 26

If any pure-hearted bhakta offers Me a leaf, a flower, fruit or water with love and devotion, I will surely accept that gift.

Chapter 18, Verse – 64

Hear once more My supreme instruction, the most confidential of all knowledge. I am speaking this for your highest benefit, because you are very dear to Me.Chapter 18, Verse - 65Offer your mind to Me; become My bhakta by hearing and chanting, etc. about My names, forms, qualities and pastimes; worship Me and offer obeisances to Me. In this way, you will certainly come to Me. I promise you this truthfully because you are very dear to Me.Chapter 18, Verse – 66

Completely abandoning all physical and mental religious beliefs, fully surrender to Me alone. I shall liberate you from all reactions to your sins. Do not grieve.----

I therefore, urge you to do the following :

1. Surrender yourself and all your belongings totally and unconditionally at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Krishna.

2. Chant the divine Hare Krishna Mahamantra ( given below) as many times as possible, every day.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

3. Perform your duties to the best of your ability , leaving it’s results to Sri Krishna .

4. Mingle with genuine devotees of Sri Krishna . Try to find a qualified spiritual master (Guru) and learn from Him more about Sri Krishna .

5. Read and enjoy Sri Krishna’s past times given in the text Srimad Bhagavatham .

May Sri Krishna bless you to be His pure devotee.

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev

--------------------

Date:-Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:43:05 -0000

To:-

-"emailtest_sam" <emailtest_sam

Subject:-new to the group

Hello I am new to the study and worship of Krishna. Can any one give me some advice as to how someone can worship and practice Krishna one their own, as i don't know any other practioners? Thanks

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos