IndiaDivine.org

The Very Fiber of Our Being

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

The Very Fiber of Our Being

There is nothing sweeter than Krishna consciousness. It is the essence of existence itself. The very fiber of our being is to render loving service to Lord Sri Krishna.

jivera 'svarupa' haya -- krsnera 'nitya-dasa'

( "The constitutional position of the living entity is to be an eternal servant of Lord Sri Krishna." Caitanya Caritamrita, Madhya Lila, 20.108-109 ).

Every man, woman, and child on the face of this planet is actually a devotee of Lord Krishna. They are simply suffering from the amnesia of bodily consciousness. They are unnecessarily rotating in the cycle of birth and death repeatedly suffering the fourfold miseries of birth, death, old age, and disease. If they can adopt the simply process of chanting the Hare Krishna Mahamantra,

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare

Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

all of their life's problems will be solved and at the end they will return back to home, back to Godhead.

There is nothing more sublime than sharing Krishna consciousness with other Krishna conscious people. It is indeed the ultimate experience. It's sweetness is confirmed by Lord Sri Krishna in the Bhagavad-gita :

mac-citta mad-gata-prana

bodhayantah parasparam

kathayantas ca mam nityam

tusyanti ca ramanti ca

( "The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are fully devoted to My service, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss from always enlightening one another and conversing about Me." Bhagavad-gita 10.9 ).

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

----------------------

Dear Master,

I was so happy to hear that we, the atmas, are not Hindus or Christians or Muslims or Jews that we are instead pure consciousness. Then you go on to say that it is most appropriate to call God as "Krishna" because this words means "all-attractive."

Since the name "Krishna" has a sectarian or cult connotation, can there be an alternative name to suggest the Supreme Consciousness in its universal perspective so that when the name is uttered every atma is attracted irrespective of color and creed?

This may the prevent the Kali Yuga problem of diversity in unity which is the root cause of all the problems in the world. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry knows that God is one yet they cling on to their denominations saying Allah is great, Christ is great and Siva is great.

Can you address this problem so that we all can fall under one roof of the Supreme Consciousness brotherhood?

Thank you, Master,

M. Raken

Malaysia

------------------------

The Real Meaning of the Word "Sectarian"

My Dear M. Raken,

Please accept my blessings.

You do not have the proper understanding of what it means to be sectarian.

If I call that fiery ball in the sky "the sun" am I being sectarian? Not at all. I am simply referring to it in the English language. In Spanish it is "el sol." In Hindi it is "surya." I can refer to it in any language and be correct and not be sectarian. If I say that its name in a particular language is its only name, that the names in other languages are invalid, then I am being sectarian.

I have just returned from a visit to the Muslim world. There I engaged an entire hall full of our Muslim brothers and sisters in ecstatically chanting Hare Krishna. Your claim is invalid that we need an alternative name to make it attractive. The name "Krishna" is indeed all-attractive. I have personally experienced this.

Hoping this meets you in good health and in a cheerful mood, Your eternal well-wisher, Sankarshan Das Adhikari