IndiaDivine.org

Krishna-Bhakti

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Krishna-Bhakti

The beauty of Krishna-bhakti is that it is supreme. It stands far above all other philosophical systems ever devised in the history of the universe. Whatever truths have been discovered by the great thinkers of the world are included within the philosophy of Krishna-bhakti , while at the same time it exposes all of their fallacies. We can travel all over the world and in each and every culture present Sri Krishna’s philosophy to the members of that culture in a way just suitable to make it attractive to them.

But this does not in any way eclipse or minimize the unlimited transcendental nectar that is to be tasted in the pages of the revealed scriptures such as the Bhagavad-gita and the Srimad Bhagavatam.

This internal journey of reviving our personal Krishna-Bhakti is the most exciting journey of all. There is nothing more important than this. This awakening is described as follows by Lord Krishna in Bhagavad-Gita 5.16 :

jnanena tu tad ajnanam

yesam nasitam atmanah

tesam aditya-vaj jnanam

prakasayati tat param

("When, however, one is enlightened with the knowledge by which nescience is destroyed, then his knowledge reveals everything, asthe sun lights up everything in the daytime." )

The Srimad Bhagavatam advises us to worship the Srimad Bhagavatam and serve the Pure devotees. They are respectively manifestation and representatives of Sri Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead . Srimad Bhagavatam 1.2.18 says the following :

nasta-prayesv abhadresu

nityam bhagavata-sevaya

bhagavaty uttama-sloke

bhaktir bhavati naisthiki

(“ By regular attendance on the Bhagavatam and by rendering of service to the pure devotee, all that is troublesome to the heart is almost completely destroyed, and loving service unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is praised with transcendental songs, is established as an irrevocable fact." )

When Sri Krishna mercifully appears in the form of His deity in a temple, He puts Himself under our care just as if we were His parents and He is our son. Deity worship is actually quite amazing. Here is Sri Krishna, the Lord of the universe, the One Who is feeding and maintaining everyone. But, now He has placed Himself under our care, that we must feed Him or He will go hungry. This is Bhagavan Krishna’s extreme kindness upon us to help us develop our love for Him

more and more.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

----------------------------

Questions and answers

1) How is Spiritual Enlightenment Possible for a Beginner?

I want to know more about spirituality. Also i would like to know how spiritual enlightenment is possible for a beginner like me.

Yours faithfully

Lakshmi P.

By Fully Surrendering Krishna

My Dear Lakshmi,

Please accept my blessings.

The essence of spirituality is that Sri Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and that you are His eternal servant. If you will fully surrender to Lord Krishna under the guidance of a pure devotee you will easily and quickly achieve the perfectionist stage of spiritual enlightenment.

Hoping this meets you in good health and in a cheerful mood, Your eternal well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

2) How to Be Detached from the Results of Our Activities?

My Dear Srila Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisances . All glories to Srila Prabhupada and you!

I am having a question about duty and the results. According to the Bhagavad-Gita, one should execute his prescribed work as a matter of duty and not worry about the results (good or bad). But, while doing some service to Krishna, the mind thinks whether this action lead to successful results or not. Is it against the principle mentioned by Krishna? How is it

possible to not think about results, while doing a work? Can one aim for success in an activity if it is aimed at pleasing Guru and Krishna?

Thank you very much,

Your aspiring servant,

Vinodh

By Striving for the Pleasure of Krishna

My Dear Vinodh,

Please accept my blessings. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

We must always strive to get good results for Krishna. Detachment from the results does not mean that we do not strive for a positive outcome. It means that we do not strive to achieve something for our personal sense gratification. Everything is for the pleasure of Sri Krishna.

Hoping this meets you in good health and in a cheerful mood,

Your eternal well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Start your day with - make it your home page