IndiaDivine.org

Eteranally Sharing the Nectar of Krishna-bhakti

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Eternally Sharing the Nectar of Krishna-bhakti

There is truly nothing so sweet and exciting as Krishna-bhakti. This is the eternal quality of the soul. To not connect with Krishna at every minute is tantamount to cutting off one's air supply. Once someone has tasted Krishna-bhakti they can never be satisfied by any amount of material sense gratification ever again. Why?

Because one drop of Krishna-bhakti is millions and billions of times more relishable than the sum total of all the sense gratification that has ever been experienced in this material world.

Only a foolish, unenlightened person would not surrender himself fully unto Lord Sri Krishna, the sublimely beautiful all-attractive Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

----

Monism and Dualism

Dear Gurudev,

In your discourse dated Mon, 20 Jun 2005 you stated, "Our philosophy is simultaneous monism and dualism". Please can you explain this in more detail.

Thanks,

Your servant,

Michael

------------------------

Qualitatively One, Quantitatively Different

------------------------

My Dear Michael,

Please accept my blessings. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Those who are situated in Krishna-bhakti understand that everything is one with Krishna (monism) because every Devata (like Brahama and Siva) are is His energy, and at the same time every Davata is different from Krishna, the Supreme God (dualism) because there is always a difference between the energy and energetic source of the energy.

A very simple example of this is that of the Atlantic ocean. If I bring in my hand a drop of Atlantic Ocean I can rightfully say, " This is Atlantic Ocean," because it is a genuine sample or specimen of the Atlantic Ocean. But if I say, "This is THE Atlantic Ocean," thus indicating that I am now holding in my hand the entire Atlantic Ocean then you will know that this is not true because the Atlantic Ocean is much bigger than what I can hold in my hand.

Just as the drop of Atlantic Ocean water is qualitatively one with the Atlantic Ocean and quantitatively different, similarly we, the living entities, are qualititatively one with God and quantitatively different. God is eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss, and we are also are eternal, having knowledge, and bliss. Therefore we are qualitatively one with Him. However quantitatively speaking He is very big and we are very, very

small. He is supplying the necessities for millions and billions of living beings, and we are being supplied by Him.

Do this make it clear for you?

Hoping this meets you in good health and in a cheerful mood, Your eternal well-wisher, Sankarshan Das Adhikari