IndiaDivine.org

Vishnu Sahasranama , Can Solve All the Problems.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna. Pranam to all Vaishnavas,

Sri Vishnusahasranama Stotram , Can Solve All Problems

The Vishnu Sahasranama was revealed by grandsire Bhishma, in his death bed. Upon completion of the Kuruksetra war, Yudhistira fell into deep depression , holding himself responsible for the huge loss of life occurred in the war. Just before the war , Sri Krishna revealed Bhagavad Gita to Arjuna. However, Arjuna, could not completely understand Gita in it’s true essence . Krishna therefore took Pandavas to Bhishma and requested the ‘Pithamaha’ (Grandsire) to teach them about the Ultimate Truth and Dharma .

As it was revealed by a devotee chosen by Krishna Himself, Vishnu Sahasranama is the essence of Gita and all the Vedas. During his lifetime, Bhishma had observed a number of austerities imposed by the Sages, served them for long periods, satisfied them that he deserves to be taught the secret they have obtained after strenuous efforts, and finally obtained from them the secrets. Like a honey bee that collects the honey drops from all the flowers, Bhishma collected all the manthras from different sages and composed Sri Vishnusahasranama Stotram which he used to recite daily.

Yudhistira requested Bhishma to reveal the greatest of the secrets that can liberate a person from the cycle of births and deaths thereby leading to the Supreme God. Then Bhishma having obtained a boon from Krishna to be able to speak in clear voice and memorize his past deeds, revealed the essence of all that he has learnt from a number of Sages . Bhishma begins the revelation of Vishnu Sahasranama by pointing out Bhagavan Sri Krishna to the Pandavas as the Supreme God . Bhishma says that, praying Krishna by reciting His 1000 names is all one can ever do to become very dear to Krishna . And reciting VS regularly or even listening to it, itself empowers one to overcome all the difficulties and attain Salvation.

Benefits of chanting Vishnusahasranama

Just as one cleans himself and his home regularly, it is equally and even more essential to cleanse his mind. Regular chanting of the VS cleanses the mind of all impurities and sinful reactions. Such a devotee, is not affected by evil effects. He acquires intelligence, good fortune, fame and prosperity, due to the grace of Krishna. Anger, jealousy or evil thoughts do not enter his mind.

One who seeks refuge in Krishna and worships Him with faith is freed of all sinful reactions of his previous births . This is a promise made by Bhagavan Krishna Himself in the Gita (18.65-66) .

manmana bhava mad-bhakto mad-yaji mam namaskurumam evaisyasi satyam te pratijane priyo 'si mesarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja aham tvam sarva-papebhyo moksayisyami ma sucah

(Fix your mind on Me, be devoted to Me, offer service to Me, bow down to Me, and you shall certainly reach Me. I promise you because you are My very dear friend. Set aside all meritorious deeds and religious rituals, and just surrender completely to My will with firm faith and loving devotion. I shall liberate you from all sins, the bonds of Karma. Do not grieve. )

Here, Krishna asks His devotees to forgo all beliefs and seek refuge at His feet. In doing so, Krishna says, He shall free us of all our sins of this as well as of all our previous births and grant us Moksa ( liberation) .

Various rituals and sacrifices that people may conduct to remove their sins may incur more sins if not done in the prescribed manner. Therefore, in this Kali Yuga, Vishnu Sahasranama is sufficient to take one to the feet of Bhagavan Krishna .

The phala sruti in Sri Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram was not just an add-on by someone trying to popularize the Stotram, but is an integral part of the Mahabharata text. Both Sri Sankara and Sri Parasara Bhatta have written commentaries to the phala sruti slokas. Thus, what is stated in the phala sruti has its authority . The phala sruti says that anything that is desired can be obtained if the ’Vishnu Sahasranama stotram ’ is chanted sincerely and offered with devotion.

Who can chant the Vishnu Sahasranama?

Every human being has the privilege to chant the Vishnu Sahasranama (See attachment), be it men or women, belonging to any caste. The only qualification for chanting is Bhakti. Even if a devotee’s Bhakti is as small as a seed, it would soon grow in to a huge tree. One need not be afraid about the correct pronunciation. Bhagavan Krishna is as compassionate to His every devotee as a mother is to a child. The mother is the one who teaches the child to speak. So initially even if the child makes mistakes, the mother knows what the child wants to

say. Some may think they do not know the meaning of VS and therefore , hesitate to chant. Vishnu Sahasranama contain vibrations that are impregnated with Krishna’s energy. Just chanting or even being in the presence of people chanting the VS, is immensely beneficial.

OM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA !!!

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev

Attachment : Sri Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram

----------------

Date:-Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:43:50 -0700 (PDT)

To:-

-"hari h" <chromozomee

Subject:-RE: Om Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur

where you able to chant the whole of Vishnu Sahasranamam because i have tried it will take hours to complete the whole book. Do u have any procedure for reading it (like can we split that into parts).

what i do daily is take a page in random and i will start to read it for 10mins , Is this procedure faulty ? .Please correct me if im wrong.

thanking you

HARI

To:-

-"Sanjeev Punj" <punjsanjeev DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by .

Date:-Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:17:22 +0530

Subject:-RE: Om Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur

By the grace of Lord Krishna I spent this day reciting the Sri Vishnu Sahasrnamam, and then chanting harinaam on the Japamala beads.

Sanjeev Kumar Punj

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail