IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: No man can become Krishna ,

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has said

"Mayavada Bhashya sunile hoye sarvanash.."

i.e. just by hearing statements like - " a living entity can become God", will lead to a person's destruction spiritually- he loses all devotional/pious merit

Hence I would like to request that

1. a formal correction be issued so that the issue becomes clear to every person reading the mail sent by Krishnadaya Prabhu

2. A possible clarification could be:

-The acceptance of Guru (by the disciple) as non-different from Krishna, is a most important fact of spiritual life, as it is again stated

"yasya deve para bhaktir yatha deve tatha gurau,

tasyaite kathitah hyarthah, prakashante mahatmanah"

ie. Only to a person who has the utmost devotion towards Krishna & Guru are the scriptures revealed in their true meaning

Then again, Srila Vishwanath Cakravarti Thakur, while describing the qualities of the spiritual master in his Sri Gurvastaka, states

"sakshad haritvena samasta shastrair uktas tatha bhavyata eva sadbhih

kintu prahor yah priyah eva tasya vande guroh sri caranaravindam"

I worship the lotus feet of the spiritual master, who is accepetd as non-different from the lord Hari by scriptures,devotees & sages, yet who is most dear to the Supreme Lord

The essential point is

The bona-fide Guru is non-different from Krishna as he carries out Krishna's will/ desires/ instructions, yet at the same time he is a most dear associate of the Lord- he is never (repeat never) to be understood as being exactly equal to the Supreme Lord in all respects

(It is very important to provide a clarification because even though most people (like your grace) will already have the correct understanding, yet we cannot afford to assume anything, & even if 1 person gets a wrong understanding by reading statements like these, the whole purpose of maintaining such a wonderful e-group would be destroyed; indeed, we would be spirtually responsible for spreading a completely dangerous/ blasphemous/wrong message leading to spiritual destruction of person(s) affected)

Please forgive me for any bad feelings generated- I am a most sinful rascal

Hoping for the best

Your servant

Balagopala Das

Rajeev <rx_rajeev wrote:

Hare Krishna, Dear Balaji Prabhu,

Please accept my humble obeisances. I fully agree with your view that , no man can ever become Krishna Himself .

The intention of Krishnadaya Prabhu's statement ' When Paramatma starts functioning , the person becomes Krishna ' is not to project any human being as Krishna, but to prove a different point which is explained below :

Srila Prabhupada reached America at the age of 70 and within a short time succeeded in enlightening millions into Krishna consciousness. His commentaries and teachings give Krishna's direct sacred message. In this context of spreading Krishna consciousness , the devotees often say that Prabhupada is Krishna . This does not mean like that of self-claimed incarnations. Krishna is utmost merciful to His devotees and functions through them . Krishna is situated as the witnessing 'Paramatma' in every living entity . But in His devotees, He is the Doer and not merely witness. It is His power that is acting through the devotee to feed the nectar of Krishna-bhakti to other devotees . But, when a devotee misuses Krishna's grace and tries to be independent of Him, he falls down . Krishna's pure devotees like you consider themselves to be servant of Krishna's servant and not as master

of any one. Whatever they do in life is for Krishna. They don't do anything for selfish gains or against the instructions of Krishna.

I apologize to you prabhu for editing your posting to give confidence to all those who are engaged in spreading Krishna-bhakti.

Your humble servant ,

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev

balaji s <sbalaji2002 Tue Oct 4, 2005 1:44pm Re: Krishna-Bhakti is the Best Option to the Society.

Hare Krishna!

Dandavat pranams to all devotees!

All glories to Sri Guru & Gauranga! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

I am a most fallen wretch, yet with whatever I have learnt from Srila Prabhupada, I would like to share regarding the below- mentioned mail

1. Sri Krishna as Paramatma is ever-functional in everyone's heart- as is said

"sarvasya caham hrdi sannivisto mattah smrtir jnanam apohanam ca"

Chanting the holy names of Krishna cleanses the mirror of one's mind, by which he can appreciate the already existing mercy of the lord

Also, "srnvatam sva kathah krsnah punyah sravana kirtanah,

hrdy antah stho hy abhadrani vidhunoti suhrt satam"

The lord being the benefactor of the devotee cleanses his heart of all unwanted things for the person who has developed the urge to hear his messages, which are themselves virtuous when heard & chanted

2. Once a person's heart is completely purified, he constantly engages in devotional service to Krishna- the ultimate perfection of a living entity is to establish himself in his constitutional position of rendering eternal, constant loving devotional service to Krishna (see back cover of Srila Prabhupada's Krishna book Indeed, one of the main reasons for Krishna's appearance as Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu was to impart spotless & clear knowledge about God, the living entity & their relationship

Seeking the mercy of devotees

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna.

The living entity, though a part and parcel of the Supreme Lord, is never equal to the Lord either in quantity or in quality. There may be qualitative similarities to some extent, as all the qualities are given by Krishna, the living entity may have some qualities ( this is found in saints, avataras in general). Fools are those who think they can become Krishna (or anywhere close to him in stature) All living entities are destined to serve the Lord, always and forever. This can never change. Those who realise this and serve, they are safe, others who fail to realise this will be led into destruction by Maya's powerful forces. Only the grace of the Lord Krishna and the mercy of a Vaishnava devotee of the Lord can deliver a fallen soul. All souls here on earth are fallen, otherwise they would be flying in the sky effortlessly.

I hope I am not rude to anyone, but this is a fact, and all entities must serve Krishna. Serve humbly, and the mercy of the Lord will be yours, arrgance only leads to furthering of delusion.

Cheers, and All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Sanjeev Kumar Punj

punjsanjeev

Rajeev <rx_rajeev To: Subject: Fwd: Re: No man can become Krishna ,Wed, 5 Oct 2005 05:16:56 +0100 (BST)

Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has said

"Mayavada Bhashya sunile hoye sarvanash.."

i.e. just by hearing statements like - " a living entity can become God", will lead to a person's destruction spiritually- he loses all devotional/pious merit

Hence I would like to request that

1. a formal correction be issued so that the issue becomes clear to every person reading the mail sent by Krishnadaya Prabhu

2. A possible clarification could be:

-The acceptance of Guru (by the disciple) as non-different from Krishna, is a most important fact of spiritual life, as it is again stated

"yasya deve para bhaktir yatha deve tatha gurau,

tasyaite kathitah hyarthah, prakashante mahatmanah"

ie. Only to a person who has the utmost devotion towards Krishna & Guru are the scriptures revealed in their true meaning

Then again, Srila Vishwanath Cakravarti Thakur, while describing the qualities of the spiritual master in his Sri Gurvastaka, states

"sakshad haritvena samasta shastrair uktas tatha bhavyata eva sadbhih

kintu prahor yah priyah eva tasya vande guroh sri caranaravindam"

I worship the lotus feet of the spiritual master, who is accepetd as non-different from the lord Hari by scriptures,devotees & sages, yet who is most dear to the Supreme Lord

The essential point is

The bona-fide Guru is non-different from Krishna as he carries out Krishna's will/ desires/ instructions, yet at the same time he is a most dear associate of the Lord- he is never (repeat never) to be understood as being exactly equal to the Supreme Lord in all respects

(It is very important to provide a clarification because even though most people (like your grace) will already have the correct understanding, yet we cannot afford to assume anything, & even if 1 person gets a wrong understanding by reading statements like these, the whole purpose of maintaining such a wonderful e-group would be destroyed; indeed, we would be spirtually responsible for spreading a completely dangerous/ blasphemous/wrong message leading to spiritual destruction of person(s) affected)

Please forgive me for any bad feelings generated- I am a most sinful rascal

Hoping for the best

Your servant

Balagopala Das

Rajeev <rx_rajeev wrote:

Hare Krishna, Dear Balaji Prabhu,

Please accept my humble obeisances. I fully agree with your view that , no man can ever become Krishna Himself .

The intention of Krishnadaya Prabhu's statement ' When Paramatma starts functioning , the person becomes Krishna ' is not to project any human being as Krishna, but to prove a different point which is explained below :

Srila Prabhupada reached America at the age of 70 and within a short time succeeded in enlightening millions into Krishna consciousness. His commentaries and teachings give Krishna's direct sacred message. In this context of spreading Krishna consciousness , the devotees often say that Prabhupada is Krishna . This does not mean like that of self-claimed incarnations. Krishna is utmost merciful to His devotees and functions through them . Krishna is situated as the witnessing 'Paramatma' in every living entity . But in His devotees, He is the Doer and not merely witness. It is His power that is acting through the devotee to feed the nectar of Krishna-bhakti to other devotees . But, when a devotee misuses Krishna's grace and tries to be independent of Him, he falls down . Krishna's pure devotees like you consider themselves to be servant of Krishna's servant and not as master of any one. Whatever they do in life is for Krishna. They don't do anything for selfish gains or against the instructions of Krishna.

I apologize to you prabhu for editing your posting to give confidence to all those who are engaged in spreading Krishna-bhakti.

Your humble servant ,

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev

balaji s <sbalaji2002 Tue Oct 4, 2005 1:44pm Re: Krishna-Bhakti is the Best Option to the Society.

Hare Krishna!

Dandavat pranams to all devotees!

All glories to Sri Guru & Gauranga! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

I am a most fallen wretch, yet with whatever I have learnt from Srila Prabhupada, I would like to share regarding the below- mentioned mail

1. Sri Krishna as Paramatma is ever-functional in everyone's heart- as is said

"sarvasya caham hrdi sannivisto mattah smrtir jnanam apohanam ca"

Chanting the holy names of Krishna cleanses the mirror of one's mind, by which he can appreciate the already existing mercy of the lord

Also, "srnvatam sva kathah krsnah punyah sravana kirtanah,

hrdy antah stho hy abhadrani vidhunoti suhrt satam"

The lord being the benefactor of the devotee cleanses his heart of all unwanted things for the person who has developed the urge to hear his messages, which are themselves virtuous when heard & chanted

2. Once a person's heart is completely purified, he constantly engages in devotional service to Krishna- the ultimate perfection of a living entity is to establish himself in his constitutional position of rendering eternal, constant loving devotional service to Krishna (see back cover of Srila Prabhupada's Krishna book

Indeed, one of the main reasons for Krishna's appearance as Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu was to impart spotless & clear knowledge about God, the living entity & their relationship

Seeking the mercy of devotees

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.