IndiaDivine.org

How to Be Dear to Krishna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

How to Be Dear to Krishna

Sometimes when boldly preaching Krishna-bhakti all over the world we encounter people who are envious of our success. Instead of joining us in our success, they prefer to nitpick us and try to find fault with the ultimate welfare work of delivering the suffering humanity. Bhagavan Krishna advises us when these sort of things happen that we should be very equipoised and satisfied, not caring for any material thing. If we can follow the Bhagavan's advise He promises that we will become very dear to Him. This is described very nicely

in Bhagavad-gita, Chapter 12, verses 18 and 19 as follows :

samah satrau ca mitre ca

tatha manapamanayoh

sitosna-sukha-duhkhesu

samah sanga-vivarjitah

tulya-ninda-stutir mauni

santusto yena kenacit

aniketah sthira-matir

bhaktiman me priyo narah

("One who is equal to friends and enemies, who is equipoised in honor and dishonor, heat and cold, happiness and distress, fame and infamy, who is always free from contaminating association, always silent and satisfied with anything, who doesn't care for any residence, who is fixed in knowledge and who is engaged in devotional service -- such a person is very dear to Me.")

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

How Will the World Progress If Everyone is Krishna Conscious?

Dear Gurudeva,

My friends are Krishna’s devotees. They strictly practice devotional service. They claim that they are satisfied with whatever they have. By walking in the path of Krishna-bhakti one will become less materialistic and will be satisfied with what one has!

If people will be satisfied with what they have how will the world progress? Take the example of Internet and E-mails.These were invented because man was not satisfied with slow means of communication like the postal service.

Man was not satisfied with the transport that he had so he invented airplanes, cars railway trains, etc..

So as long as man is satisfied with his current status he won't invent any thing. And Just imagine the world without these inventions. You and I wont have been able to communicate.

Just imagine if famous industrialists like Bill Gates would have been satisfied with what they have. Then he will close down his company Microsoft. Millions of people who work in Microsoft will lose their jobs and will find it difficult to earn their living. They might not even get food if they don't earn money! Won't this lead to chaos and starvation?

I hope my question didn't annoy you! Maybe the question arose in my mind due to my ignorance!

Hari

------------------------------

The World Will Progress Very Nicely!

My Dear Hari,

Please accept my blessings,

The devotees are the biggest movers and shakers in the history of the world. "Devotees" means personalities like Hanuman and Arjuna. Devotees are the most dissatisfied people on this planet. Others are satisfied if they can get a comfortable nest for themselves and their family. Devotees are not satisfied unless and until the entire world becomes peaceful and happy. Therefore the devotees of Krishna are the most enterprising people on this planet, even more so than Mr. Bill Gates. They are constantly planning how to deliver all of suffering humanity back to Godhead. Krishna’sdDivine support is vital for success. The devotees are Krishna’s instruments to bring peace and happiness to all beings. And they will not rest easy until they have done so. This is the real meaning of being a Krishna conscious devotee.

Hoping this meets you in good health,

Always your well-wisher, Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.