IndiaDivine.org

Serving Lord Sri Krishna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Serving Lord Sri Krishna

We are meant by constitution to be givers, persons who serve others. The perfection of service is to serve God because by serving Him we serve everything and everyone perfectly, just as by watering the root of the tree we water all the leaves and branches.

There is nothing more wonderful than serving Lord Krishna's devotees. In fact Krishna states that the person who simply wants to serve Him and not His devotees is not a devotee. He only accepts as His devotees those persons who lovingly serve His devotees. Therefore if we are at all interested in being successful in our spiritual lives, we must seek out the company of Krishna's devotees and serve them with love. This will enable us to quickly and easily awaken the dormant Krishna-bhakti, which is currently sleeping within our hearts.

If we neglect to be in the mood of giving service and simply want to take service from others we are known as misers. It is by no accident that the word "miser" is an etymological next door neighbor of the word "miserable." Misers are miserable. They cannot be happy any more than a body which is not being fed can be strong and health for long.

At the present moment, the entire world is plunged into a chaotic condition. The poet Yeats wrote, "Things fall apart; the center cannot hold ; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world." Things are not holding together because human society has forgotten the real center, Sri Krishna , the God. If this center is solidly established all the problems of modern society will be solved.

In this connection Acharya Srila Prabhupada says "The main business of human society is to think of the Supreme Personality of Godhead Sri Krishna at all times, to become His devotees, to worship the Supreme Lord and to bow down before Him”.

At present, practically the entire world is afraid of rogues and nondevotees ; therefore Krishna-bhakti is the only means to save the world disaster. Krishna-bhakti is the science of reviving the original pure spirit of giving which is sleeping there within the hearts of everyone.

Everyone shouldjoin hands to promote Krishna-bhakti in order to bring about actual peace and happiness in the world.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

------------------

Is this Swami God?

Hare Krishna!

I have come across a swami called XXXX Swami. He sings bhajans, does some magic, cures some people (my friend told me he cured chronic cancer patient), tells people about what is going to happen without astrological help. It's instantaneous.

I have a doubt. If he is ordinary human being like us, how is that possible for him to do things like this? He goes into a fire every year on the appearance day of Lord Shiva. His followers claim he is an incarnation of God. How can I explain his powers? How does he get them? Is it possible to get powers by birth?

Normal human logic doesn't support for these powers! How can people know what is God and what is human?

Can you please explain me in detail to clear up my confusion?

Thanks,

Bhaskar

-------------------------------

Powerful Yogis are Not God

My Dear Bhaskar,

Please accept my blessings. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

You do not know that yogic powers can be developed by anyone who undergoes the proper austerities under the proper teacher. Therefore yogic power is not extraordinary.

The eight yogic powers are as follows :

1. Becoming small like a particle (anima-siddhi).

2. Becoming lighter than a soft feather (laghima-siddhi) .

3. Obtaining anything and everything from anywhere and everywhere (prapti-siddhi) .

4. Becoming heavier than the heaviest (mahima-siddhi) .

5. Acting freely even to create something wonderful or to annihilate anything at will (isitva-siddhi) .

6. Controlling all material elements (vasitva-siddhi) .

7. Possessing such power as to never be frustrated in any desire (prakamya-siddhi) .

8. Assuming any shape or form one may even whimsically desire (kamavasayita-siddhi).

Although a ordinary human may be attracted by anyone who possesses any or all of these powers, the devotees of Lord Krishna are not even slightly impressed. They know that Sri Krishna is Yogeswara, the God of all mystic power, who controls and owns everything. Devotees therefore only accept Lord Sri Krishna as God. They do not accept any counterfeits from the class known as Yogis or mental speculators. We can easily know who is a bona fide incarnation because they are all predicted in the Vedic scriptures. The swami you mentioned is not predicted in the Vedic scriptures. Therefore although he may be a powerful Yogi, he is certainly not God and must not be worshipped as such. If we worship a Yogi as God we are condemning ourselves to the darkest region of the universe.

Your eternal well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

-----------------------------

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.