IndiaDivine.org

Lord Krishna, Should be the Sole Goal of a Devotee

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Lord Sri Krishna should be the sole goal of a devotee . Lord Krishna concludes His sermon in BHAGAVAD-GITA (18:61-66) :Verse 18:61 -62isvarah sarva-bhutanamhrd-dese 'rjuna tisthatibhramayan sarva-bhutaniyantrarudhani mayayatam eva saranam gacchasarva-bhavena bharatatat-prasadat param santimsthanam prapsyasi sasvatamThe Supreme Lord is situated in everyone's heart, O Arjuna, and is directing the wanderings of all living entities, who are seated as on a machine, made of the material energy. O scion of Bharata, surrender unto Him utterly. By His grace you will attain

transcendental peace and the supreme and eternal abode.Verse18:63iti te jnanam akhyatamguhyad guhyataram mayavimrsyaitad asesenayathecchasi tatha kuruThus I have explained to you knowledge still more confidential. Deliberate on this fully, and then do what you wish to do.Verse18:64sarva-guhyatamam bhuyahsrnu me paramam vacahisto 'si me drdham ititato vaksyami te hitamBecause you are My very dear friend, I am speaking to you My supreme instruction, the most confidential knowledge of all. Hear this from Me, for it is for your benefit.Verse18:64-66

man-mana bhava mad-bhaktomad-yaji mam namaskurumam evaisyasi satyam tepratijane priyo 'si me

sarva-dharman parityajyamam ekam saranam vrajaaham tvam sarva-papebhyomoksayisyami ma sucahAlways think of Me, become My devotee, worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend. Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear.

Lord Krishna doesn’t ask us in His Gita-sastra to surrender to Himself alone and not to something that is dear to Him. Srimad Bhagavad Gita reveals the supreme instructions of Sri Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead and therefore it cannot be overruled by any other scripture or text written by anyone.

When it comes to Lord Krishna, our "normal" rationalization should not be applied to anything associated with Him. For instance the Lord’s incarnation as Narasimha. We know that man is the best evolved species in the thinking capability (brain power). Similarly, lion is the most evolved in physical strength. Its strength islocated in its body and its powerful nails. So, in order to destroy a powerful Asura such as Hiranyakashipu, it would have made a lot more sense if Lord Krishna had taken a form with the head of a human being (with the associated highly evolved brain), and the body of a lion (the most evolved with respect

to physical strength). Krishna does exactly the opposite - the head of a lion, and the body of a human being. This is a simple illustration of the point that He is beyond our capabilities of analysis.

Krishna does whatever it takes to fulfill the request of His devotee, irrespective of whether it shows Him in the best light or not. In His Varaha incarnation the Supreme God appears as the shameless boar with dirt dripping from all over its body, to goafter another dreaded Asura ,Hiranyaksha, the brother of Hiranayakashipu in order to

save His devotees. Therefore, let us surrender unto the lotus feet of Lord Krishna and leave everything to Him. The Supreme Lord of the universe, will do the rest by using you as His instrument .

Krishna’s humble servant.

………………………………………………………………………………………

Somesh Kumar <tp_somesh_kumar wrote:

Hare Krishna Vasantji, Vasant Punjabi <vasantpunjabi> wrote:> You are very right in saying Shri Krishna should be> our goal but we should also know something of all that> what was very very dear to HIM. (Shri Krishna)> Actually there is no difference between knowing Krishna and knowingthat which is very very dear to Him. In fact, sometimes it is evenbetter to know that which is very very dear to Him rather than knowingKrishna directly. The reason for this is that Krishna Himself says that:[

Saadhavo Hrdayam Mahyam Saadhunaam Hrdayam Tv Aham Mad Anyaat Te Na Jaanaati Naaham Tebhyo Manaag Api"The pure devotee is always within the core of My heart, and I amalways in the heart of the pure devotee. My devotees do not knowanything else but Me, and I do not know anyone else but them." - SB9.4.68 - http://srimadbhagavatam.com/9/4/68/en ]In the verse 'Atah Shree Krishna Naamaadi' it indicates everythingrelated to Krishna including His Holy Name, His Dearmost ShreematiRadhaji and everything else cannot be understood by our blunt materialsenses..> Eg. dearmost to Krishna - Shreemati Raadhaaraani as> said by you.> > Yes I would appreciate if any

devotee knows about Shri> Radhaji as stated by our Someshji> > The books by the six Gosvaamis of Vrindaavan namely> > Shree Rupa,> > Sanaatana, Bhatta Raghunath, Shree Jiva, Gopaala> > Bhatta, Raghunatha> > Daasa among other Krishna kathaas have also the> > details of Shreemati> > Raadhaaraani's life> > To please please let me know in details or what ever> one knows about Shri Radhaji's life ater Shri Krishna> left for Mathura.> May be the esteemed devotees in this group can help Vasantji with thisquestion which is transcendental.> The links provided in previous emails did not help me> much.> I hope the link that I gave(http://www.harekrsna.com/philosophy/gss/sastra/literature/gosvamis/raghunatha/sri_radhika.htm)regarding the query of other names of Shreemati Radha would havehelped you with respect to your that particular question to a certainextent. > I once again really thank Someshji for his help> My pleasure. Thanks for your participation.Hare Krishna!/Somesh.> > --- Somesh Kumar <tp_somesh_kumar> wrote:> > > Dear Vasant Prabhu,> > > > Hare Krishna!> > > > While I appreciate your enthusiasm to know about the> > person who is the> > dearmost to Krishna - Shreemati Raadhaaraani, I'd> > like to request you> > that instead of approaching to

Shreemati> > Raadhaaraani directly (i.e.> > to know all the details about her directly) we have> > to take shelter of> > the Spiritual Master and try to serve Him with full> > love and dedication. > > > > The books by the six Gosvaamis of Vrindaavan namely> > Shree Rupa,> > Sanaatana, Bhatta Raghunath, Shree Jiva, Gopaala> > Bhatta, Raghunatha> > Daasa among other Krishna kathaas have also the> > details of Shreemati> > Raadhaaraani's life. But the point that Srila> > Prabhupada made quite> > often was that we should not try to jump to those> > details initially.> > > > For the time being, therefore, it will be good to> > read about Srila>

> Prabhupada's biography - Your Ever Well Wisher> > (which will actually> > help us in knowing more about Shreemati Raadhaaraani> > (Surprising but> > true!)). You can get it here as well ->> >> http://www.thekrishnastore.com/Detail.bok?no=98 & bar==_shp_bbt> > > > > > All the details about Shreemati Raadhaarani will be> > revealed to us> > with all clarity if we, at the least, have the> > strong desire to serve> > Guru and Shree Krishna. Otherwise, even though we> > may read so much> > about Shreemati Raadhaaraani still we will not be> > able to understand> > anything about her 'in truth' (Tattvatah).> > > > Coming to your direct question - I do not know

the> > exact name of the> > scriptures. The senior devotees in this group might> > be able to inform> > you. But still the point remains that knowing> > anything related to> > Krishna is a path of 'Revelation' which happens when> > the senses are> > engaged in the service of Krishna. Hence it is> > stated by Srila Rupa> > Gosvaami:> > > > [ Atah Shree Krishna Naamaadi Na Bhaved Gaahyam> > Indriyaih> > Sevonmukhe Hi Jihvaadau Svayam Eva Sphurati Adah> > > > "Lord Sri Krishna's name, fame, pastimes, etc.,>

> cannot be understood> > by material senses. Only to one who is engaged in> > pure devotional > > service, starting with the tongue, under proper> > guidance is He> > revealed." - Bhakti Rasaamrta Sindhu (Nectar of> > Devotion) 1.2.234]> > > > Regarding your query about the names of Shreemati> > Raadhaarani> > there's a transcendental composition by Srila> > Radhunatha Daasa> > Gosvaami which is SRI SRI RADHIKA ASTOTTARA SATA> > NAMA STOTRAM and you can find it here ->> >>http://www.harekrsna.com/philosophy/gss/sastra/literature/gosvamis/raghunatha/sri_radhika.htm> > > > Hare Krishna!> > > > Dasanudasa,> > Somesh.>

> > > - Vasant Punjabi> > <vasantpunjabi> wrote:>> > > > > > > > > Dear Devotees,> > > > > > Jai Shri KRishna,> > > > > > I am interested in full biography or literature on> > > Shri Radhaji (Console of Shri Kriahna)> > > > > > She never got married on bhutal with Shri Krishna> > and> > > when Shri Krishna left for Mathura He spent most> > of> > > his time out of vrajbhumi.> > > > > > We also know that Uddavji (sakha of Shri Krishna)> > went> > > to vraj with message to the Gopies and Shri> > Radhaji> > > and bramargeet was sung.> > > > > > I like to know in details about Shri Radhaji' Life> > > after Shri Krishna left for Mathura and if there> > is> > > any book or pustak available describing in details> > > would need to know where it is available ?> > > > > > and also how long did Shri Radhaji live on this> > > Bhutal?> > > > > > What are the other names she is known as???> > > > > > and how many times she actually saw Lord Shri> > Krishna> > > after his depart to Mathura.? What discussions> > took> > > place? etc etc > > > > > > Dasa Nu Das> > > Vasant.

Somesh Kumar <tp_somesh_kumar wrote:

Hare Krishna Vasantji, Vasant Punjabi <vasantpunjabi> wrote:> You are very right in saying Shri Krishna should be> our goal but we should also know something of all that> what was very very dear to HIM. (Shri Krishna)> Actually there is no difference between knowing Krishna and knowingthat which is very very dear to Him. In fact, sometimes it is evenbetter to know that which is very very dear to Him rather than knowingKrishna directly. The reason for this is that Krishna Himself says that:[

Saadhavo Hrdayam Mahyam Saadhunaam Hrdayam Tv Aham Mad Anyaat Te Na Jaanaati Naaham Tebhyo Manaag Api"The pure devotee is always within the core of My heart, and I amalways in the heart of the pure devotee. My devotees do not knowanything else but Me, and I do not know anyone else but them." - SB9.4.68 - http://srimadbhagavatam.com/9/4/68/en ]In the verse 'Atah Shree Krishna Naamaadi' it indicates everythingrelated to Krishna including His Holy Name, His Dearmost ShreematiRadhaji and everything else cannot be understood by our blunt materialsenses..> Eg. dearmost to Krishna - Shreemati Raadhaaraani as> said by you.> > Yes I would appreciate if any

devotee knows about Shri> Radhaji as stated by our Someshji> > The books by the six Gosvaamis of Vrindaavan namely> > Shree Rupa,> > Sanaatana, Bhatta Raghunath, Shree Jiva, Gopaala> > Bhatta, Raghunatha> > Daasa among other Krishna kathaas have also the> > details of Shreemati> > Raadhaaraani's life> > To please please let me know in details or what ever> one knows about Shri Radhaji's life ater Shri Krishna> left for Mathura.> May be the esteemed devotees in this group can help Vasantji with thisquestion which is transcendental.> The links provided in previous emails did not help me> much.> I hope the link that I gave(http://www.harekrsna.com/philosophy/gss/sastra/literature/gosvamis/raghunatha/sri_radhika.htm)regarding the query of other names of Shreemati Radha would havehelped you with respect to your that particular question to a certainextent. > I once again really thank Someshji for his help> My pleasure. Thanks for your participation.Hare Krishna!/Somesh.> > --- Somesh Kumar <tp_somesh_kumar> wrote:> > > Dear Vasant Prabhu,> > > > Hare Krishna!> > > > While I appreciate your enthusiasm to know about the> > person who is the> > dearmost to Krishna - Shreemati Raadhaaraani, I'd> > like to request you> > that instead of approaching to

Shreemati> > Raadhaaraani directly (i.e.> > to know all the details about her directly) we have> > to take shelter of> > the Spiritual Master and try to serve Him with full> > love and dedication. > > > > The books by the six Gosvaamis of Vrindaavan namely> > Shree Rupa,> > Sanaatana, Bhatta Raghunath, Shree Jiva, Gopaala> > Bhatta, Raghunatha> > Daasa among other Krishna kathaas have also the> > details of Shreemati> > Raadhaaraani's life. But the point that Srila> > Prabhupada made quite> > often was that we should not try to jump to those> > details initially.> > > > For the time being, therefore, it will be good to> > read about Srila>

> Prabhupada's biography - Your Ever Well Wisher> > (which will actually> > help us in knowing more about Shreemati Raadhaaraani> > (Surprising but> > true!)). You can get it here as well ->> >> http://www.thekrishnastore.com/Detail.bok?no=98 & bar==_shp_bbt> > > > > > All the details about Shreemati Raadhaarani will be> > revealed to us> > with all clarity if we, at the least, have the> > strong desire to serve> > Guru and Shree Krishna. Otherwise, even though we> > may read so much> > about Shreemati Raadhaaraani still we will not be> > able to understand> > anything about her 'in truth' (Tattvatah).> > > > Coming to your direct question - I do not know

the> > exact name of the> > scriptures. The senior devotees in this group might> > be able to inform> > you. But still the point remains that knowing> > anything related to> > Krishna is a path of 'Revelation' which happens when> > the senses are> > engaged in the service of Krishna. Hence it is> > stated by Srila Rupa> > Gosvaami:> > > > [ Atah Shree Krishna Naamaadi Na Bhaved Gaahyam> > Indriyaih> > Sevonmukhe Hi Jihvaadau Svayam Eva Sphurati Adah> > > > "Lord Sri Krishna's name, fame, pastimes, etc.,>

> cannot be understood> > by material senses. Only to one who is engaged in> > pure devotional > > service, starting with the tongue, under proper> > guidance is He> > revealed." - Bhakti Rasaamrta Sindhu (Nectar of> > Devotion) 1.2.234]> > > > Regarding your query about the names of Shreemati> > Raadhaarani> > there's a transcendental composition by Srila> > Radhunatha Daasa> > Gosvaami which is SRI SRI RADHIKA ASTOTTARA SATA> > NAMA STOTRAM and you can find it here ->> >>http://www.harekrsna.com/philosophy/gss/sastra/literature/gosvamis/raghunatha/sri_radhika.htm> > > > Hare Krishna!> > > > Dasanudasa,> > Somesh.>

> > > - Vasant Punjabi> > <vasantpunjabi> wrote:>> > > > > > > > > Dear Devotees,> > > > > > Jai Shri KRishna,> > > > > > I am interested in full biography or literature on> > > Shri Radhaji (Console of Shri Kriahna)> > > > > > She never got married on bhutal with Shri Krishna> > and> > > when Shri Krishna left for Mathura He spent most> > of> > > his time out of vrajbhumi.> > > > > > We also know that Uddavji (sakha of Shri Krishna)> > went> > > to vraj with message to the Gopies and Shri> > Radhaji> > > and bramargeet was sung.> > > > > > I like to know in details about Shri Radhaji' Life> > > after Shri Krishna left for Mathura and if there> > is> > > any book or pustak available describing in details> > > would need to know where it is available ?> > > > > > and also how long did Shri Radhaji live on this> > > Bhutal?> > > > > > What are the other names she is known as???> > > > > > and how many times she actually saw Lord Shri> > Krishna> > > after his depart to Mathura.? What discussions> > took> > > place? etc etc > > > > > > Dasa Nu Das> > > Vasant.Somesh Kumar <tp_somesh_kumar wrote:

Hare Krishna Vasantji,--- vasantpunjabi> wrote:> You are very right in saying Shri Krishna should be> our goal but we should also know something of all that> what was very very dear to HIM. (Shri Krishna)> Actually there is no difference between knowing Krishna and knowingthat which is very very dear to Him. In fact, sometimes it is evenbetter to know that which is very very dear to Him rather than knowingKrishna directly. The reason for this is that Krishna Himself says that:[ Saadhavo Hrdayam Mahyam Saadhunaam Hrdayam Tv Aham Mad Anyaat Te Na Jaanaati Naaham Tebhyo Manaag Api"The pure devotee is always within the core of My heart, and I amalways in the heart of the pure devotee. My devotees do not knowanything else but Me, and I

do not know anyone else but them." - SB9.4.68 - http://srimadbhagavatam.com/9/4/68/en ]In the verse 'Atah Shree Krishna Naamaadi' it indicates everythingrelated to Krishna including His Holy Name, His Dearmost ShreematiRadhaji and everything else cannot be understood by our blunt materialsenses..> Eg. dearmost to Krishna - Shreemati Raadhaaraani as> said by you.> > Yes I would appreciate if any devotee knows about Shri> Radhaji as stated by our Someshji> > The books by the six Gosvaamis of Vrindaavan namely> > Shree Rupa,> > Sanaatana, Bhatta Raghunath, Shree Jiva, Gopaala> > Bhatta, Raghunatha> > Daasa among other Krishna kathaas have also the> > details of Shreemati> > Raadhaaraani's life> > To please please let me know in details or what ever> one knows about Shri Radhaji's

life ater Shri Krishna> left for Mathura.> May be the esteemed devotees in this group can help Vasantji with thisquestion which is transcendental.> The links provided in previous emails did not help me> much.> I hope the link that I gave(http://www.harekrsna.com/philosophy/gss/sastra/literature/gosvamis/raghunatha/sri_radhika.htm)regarding the query of other names of Shreemati Radha would havehelped you with respect to your that particular question to a certainextent. > I once again really thank Someshji for his help> My pleasure. Thanks for your participation.Hare Krishna!/Somesh.> > --- Somesh Kumar <tp_somesh_kumar> wrote:> > > Dear Vasant Prabhu,> > > > Hare Krishna!> > > > While I

appreciate your enthusiasm to know about the> > person who is the> > dearmost to Krishna - Shreemati Raadhaaraani, I'd> > like to request you> > that instead of approaching to Shreemati> > Raadhaaraani directly (i.e.> > to know all the details about her directly) we have> > to take shelter of> > the Spiritual Master and try to serve Him with full> > love and dedication. > > > > The books by the six Gosvaamis of Vrindaavan namely> > Shree Rupa,> > Sanaatana, Bhatta Raghunath, Shree Jiva, Gopaala> > Bhatta, Raghunatha> > Daasa among other Krishna kathaas have also the> > details of Shreemati> > Raadhaaraani's life. But the point that Srila> > Prabhupada made quite> > often was that we should not try to jump to those> > details initially.> > > > For the time being,

therefore, it will be good to> > read about Srila> > Prabhupada's biography - Your Ever Well Wisher> > (which will actually> > help us in knowing more about Shreemati Raadhaaraani> > (Surprising but> > true!)). You can get it here as well ->> >> http://www.thekrishnastore.com/Detail.bok?no=98 & bar==_shp_bbt> > > > > > All the details about Shreemati Raadhaarani will be> > revealed to us> > with all clarity if we, at the least, have the> > strong desire to serve> > Guru and Shree Krishna. Otherwise, even though we> > may read so much> > about Shreemati Raadhaaraani still we will not be> > able to understand> > anything about her 'in truth' (Tattvatah).> > > > Coming to your direct question - I do

not know the> > exact name of the> > scriptures. The senior devotees in this group might> > be able to inform> > you. But still the point remains that knowing> > anything related to> > Krishna is a path of 'Revelation' which happens when> > the senses are> > engaged in the service of Krishna. Hence it is> > stated by Srila Rupa> > Gosvaami:> > > > [ Atah Shree Krishna Naamaadi Na Bhaved Gaahyam> > Indriyaih> > Sevonmukhe Hi Jihvaadau Svayam Eva Sphurati Adah> > > > "Lord Sri Krishna's name, fame, pastimes, etc.,> > cannot be understood> > by material senses. Only to one who is engaged in> > pure devotional > > service, starting with the tongue, under proper> > guidance is He> > revealed." - Bhakti Rasaamrta Sindhu (Nectar of> > Devotion)

1.2.234]> > > > Regarding your query about the names of Shreemati> > Raadhaarani> > there's a transcendental composition by Srila> > Radhunatha Daasa> > Gosvaami which is SRI SRI RADHIKA ASTOTTARA SATA> > NAMA STOTRAM and you can find it here ->> >>http://www.harekrsna.com/philosophy/gss/sastra/literature/gosvamis/raghunatha/sri_radhika.htm> > > > Hare Krishna!> > > > Dasanudasa,> > Somesh.> > > > Govindadwipa , Vasant Punjabi> > <vasantpunjabi> wrote:> > >> > > > > > > > > Dear Devotees,> > > > > > Jai Shri KRishna,> > > > > > I am interested in full biography or

literature on> > > Shri Radhaji (Console of Shri Kriahna)> > > > > > She never got married on bhutal with Shri Krishna> > and> > > when Shri Krishna left for Mathura He spent most> > of> > > his time out of vrajbhumi.> > > > > > We also know that Uddavji (sakha of Shri Krishna)> > went> > > to vraj with message to the Gopies and Shri> > Radhaji> > > and bramargeet was sung.> > > > > > I like to know in details about Shri Radhaji' Life> > > after Shri Krishna left for Mathura and if there> > is> > > any book or pustak available describing in details> > > would need to know where it is available ?> > > > > > and also how long did Shri Radhaji live on this> > > Bhutal?> > > > > > What are the

other names she is known as???> > > > > > and how many times she actually saw Lord Shri> > Krishna> > > after his depart to Mathura.? What discussions> > took> > > place? etc etc > > > > > > Dasa Nu Das> > > Vasant.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > >>

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.