philosophy.

Recently when I was in US and participating in the consecration

ceremony of a hindu temple, from among a large crowd of devotees, a

young boy of fifteen years was heard asking his mother to show him

the elephant god and the monkey god. His mother took him and showed

him the idol of Great Anjaneya and told him that this is the monkey

god and Lord Ganesha as the elephant god. It was a shocking

revelation that even in hindu households they dont tell their

children about hindu gods and about our great puranas.

It is for us, hindus, to feel proud of our religion and

philosophy and to teach others what Sanadhana Dharma is. I too tead

the article by Stephen Knapp. The change has to come from within. We

have to acquire the strength. Then the media will come to our support

and the govertment will also take up our cause.

With pranams, your servant, Ramachandra Menon

Hare Krishna, Please find below, the comments by Vaishnavas of this forum : -"Shubra Kaul" <shubrakaul Subject:-Re: Sanathana Dharma is protected by Lord Krishna Hare Krishna I think we people need to rise above material life occasionally and concentrate on our religon.it is one of the best religons with wonderful teachings. People in west look to india as spiritual bank and adore it but indians want to go away from it. I live abroad and indians are more turning to religion and culture here but there are some who have no knowledge of vedas our gods. It is very sad.we have to take care of our religon and traditions or it will not survive. Can we parents take extra effort to spend sometime with our little ones every moment and infuse our tradition and culture . This will pay a lot long way. I feel proud of my religon and culture. regards shubra ------------- -"Nitaipada Maharaja" nitaipada_maharaja Subject:-Re: Sanathana Dharma is protected by Lord Krishna Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krsna! All glories to Srila Prabhupada and all Vaisnavas. Please accept my humble obeisances and blessings. I pray that this meets you well and in the service/mercy of Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga. Dearest Ramacandra Prabuji; What you are saying is indeed true, but we also must guard against how we ourselves speak concerning the Deities. "His mother took him and showed him the idol of Great Anjaneya and told him that this is the monkey god and Lord Ganesha as the elephant god." When you write as a devotee of the Lord, please do not use the word "idol", this is a semitic word meaning: "an image that is worshiped in place of God". Only the Jews/Christians/and Muslims consider the Deities "idols". The correct word is Deity or Murti of "Ganesha", "Hanuman", "Radha-Gopinatha", etc. We must not fall into using words from their vocaulary, we must guard against such things if we are to return our youth to Sanashana

Dharma. Your eternal servant; Nitaipada Maharaja ------------ -"Jay Master" <cheme46 Subject:-Re: Sanathana Dharma is protected by Lord Narayana Hare Krishna, That was a good suggestion. We should make glossary of terms we should not use. The example used by you was "idol". I have the following words: Use "Mandir" instead of "Temple" Use "Murti or diety" instead of "idol" Use "Diwali" instead of "Hindu Christmas" Use "Hanumanji" instead of "Monkey God" Use "Ganesh" instead of "Elephant God" Use "Mother Ganga" instead of "River Ganges" Do not use the words "Hindu mythology". It is not mythology its a real thing. Lets all think of some of the other words and make a list of it. Hari Bol, Jay Master ------------------------ ramachandramenon <ramachandramenon wrote: Hare Krishna, Poojya Akhilesh Prabhu, I find that the new generation is totally ignorant of hindu dharma, or hindu tradition. This is because they are being taught in the English medium schools. They know about Bible and Jesus Christ but not anything about hindu gods or our philosophy. Right from young age they are being told incorrect things about our great religion and philosophy. Recently when I was in US and participating in the consecration ceremony of a hindu temple, from among a large crowd of devotees, a young boy of

fifteen years was heard asking his mother to show him the elephant god and the monkey god. His mother took him and showed him the idol of Great Anjaneya and told him that this is the monkey god and Lord Ganesha as the elephant god. It was a shocking revelation that even in hindu households they dont tell their children about hindu gods and about our great puranas. It is for us, hindus, to feel proud of our religion and philosophy and to teach others what Sanadhana Dharma is. I too tead the article by Stephen Knapp. The change has to come from within. We have to acquire the strength. Then the media will come to our support and the govertment will also take up our cause. With pranams, your servant, Ramachandra Menon