IndiaDivine.org

Sailing Against the Wind

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, Sailing Against the Wind One of the most amazing things about sailing is that by expert utilization of the laws of physics one can sail against the wind. In a similar way, one who is faithful to Lord Krishna can utilize any situation to

advance in Krishna-bhakti. Whether the winds are blowing with him or against him does not matter. He can utilize any situation either peaceful or tumultuous to progressively move forward on the path of Krishna bhakti. One of the greatest experts in this regard was Queen Kunti who prayed to Lord Krishna as follows : vipadah santu tah sasvat tatra tatra jagad-guro bhavato darsanam yat syad apunar bhava-darsanam "I wish that all those calamities would happen again and again so that

we could see You again and again, for seeing You means that we will no longer see repeated births and deaths." Sankarshan Das Adhikari --------------------- QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Question -1 Why Do We Have to Suffer? Hare Krishna , Prabhuji I am very lucky to receive a "Thought for the Day" every day from you. Prabhuji , I would like to ask a question. Why do we have to suffer so much in this material world? Why do the problems go on increasing day by day? (It may be due to karmas in our past life.

Please explain in detail.) Your Servant, Prashant K .Dudami We Don't Have to Suffer My Dear

Prashant, Please accept my blessings. All glories to Srila Prabhupada. I am very happy that you are feeling benefited by our "Thought for the Day" emails. I can take no credit whatsoever in this connection. Whatever benefit you are receiving is all by the mercy of our most beloved spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. We do not have to suffer in this material world. Our suffering condition is like being asleep and having a nightmare that we are being chased by a tiger. All we have to do to come out of the suffering condition is to wake up. The waking up process is to regularly chant these wonderful names of God at least 16 rounds daily on our japa beads: Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare As long as we remain asleep in the stupor of material consciousness, we must continue to experience the reactions from the sinful activities of our past lives and our current life. If we will fully surrender ourselves to Lord Sri Krishna, He will free us from all these karmic reactions. Therefore any sane man who has been duly informed will immediately fully surrender unto Lord Sri Krishna. Hoping this meets you in the best of health and in a cheerful mood, Your eternal well-wisher, Sankarshan Das Adhikari --------------------- Question - 2 Which is the Best Religion? Dear Prabhuji ,Thanks for your reply. I was glad to receive your explanations. I would like to ask you a few more questions.There are different religions in the world like Hinduism , Christianity, Islam , Buddhist , Sikhism , Jainism and a few other religions. Krishna says in the Gita he is

supreme and similarly Christ and Allah are saying they are supreme in their religious books. How does an average neutral human being judge the major religions and decide which is the best way forward. I feel confused each religion is telling that their God is superior and to accept their ideology . Kindly advise me on this. Does this mean if a person accepts Krishna consciousness he is liberated and if he follows other religions he is not on the right track.Hare KrishnaKrishna Pocket Dictionary and Unabridged Dictionary My Dear Krishna, Please accept my blessings. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.In the Christian Bible and Islamic teachings there are statements indicating that is more knowledge beyond what those teachings are revealing. For example, the Bible Christ states, "There is so much that I have yet to tell thee, but you cannot bear to hear it now."Compare this with Krishna states in the Bhagavad-gita 7.2 :jnanam te 'ham sa-vijnanamidam vaksyamy asesatahyaj jnatva neha bhuyo 'nyajjnatavyam avasisyate("I shall now declare unto you in full this knowledge, both phenomenal and numinous. This being known, nothing further shall remain for you to know.") So according to what the Christian, Islamic, and Vedic teachings say about themselves, the Vedas are giving the complete full knowledge and the Christian and Islamic teachings are giving a portion of

it. This does not deny the validity of the Christian and Islamic teachings. This is simply to establish the more complete nature of the Vedic teachings. It is just like the difference between a pocket dictionary and an unabridged dictionary. Do you understand? Both dictionaries are valid, but one is more complete than the other one.This is not our bias. This is according to the version of the teachings themselves. This is why I am following the Vedic teachings. If the Bible or Islamic teachings were more complete, I would follow them instead. I am not attached to any particular religion or any particular organization. I am simply attached to realizing and living the Truth in its most complete form. I am following the process Vaishnavism because it is the most perfect and complete conception of the Absolute Truth and the most perfect and complete methodology for realizing the Absolute Truth.Your eternal well-wisher,Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Personals Skip the bars and set-ups and start using Personals for free