IndiaDivine.org

Prabhupada Vs Yogi Gita Explaination

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Following is just one example of why Prabhupada advises everyone not to use unauthorized Gita translations. If we go through all the sentences of the unauthorized translations one will be perplexed how people distort the self explanatory verses to suit with own personal interests.

Chapter 9 TEXT 14

Prabhupada Purports

satatam kirtayanto mam

yatantas ca drdha-vratah

namasyantas ca mam bhaktya

nitya-yukta upasate

SYNONYMS

satatam--always; kirtayantah--chanting; mam--Me; yatantah ca--fully

endeavoring also; drdha-vratah--with determination; namasyantah ca--

offering obeisances; mam--unto Me; bhaktya--in devotion; nitya-yuktah--

perpetually engaged; upasate--worship.

TRANSLATION

Always chanting My glories, endeavoring with great determination,

bowing down before Me, these great souls perpetually worship Me with

devotion.

Lahiri Mahasaya Yogi.

Bharat - With no doubts about Yogic accomplishments of Lahiri Mahasaya however distorting the meaning of Gita to suit their line of thinking is what deluding the mass of people today.

TRANSLATION Lahiri Mahasaya Yogi.

Devotional Songs are Verily Mine [alt. verily to me]- meaning Kriya -- Shutting eyes

ears, being totally absorbed, prostating to me by omkar kriya, having faith in the

teachings of guru and always remaining ensconed -- sitting above.

Bharat - If we see word to word transliteration of the sanskrit sloka neither do we find the word Kriya, neither eyes nor ears. Neither do we find guru or being sitted in yoga.

They claim that Gita has a hidden meaning however in truth there is no hidden meaning to it. Lord Krsna the supreme teacher is explaining things as it is and Srila Prabhupada is presenting it to us. All the hidden meanings are explained by Krsna himself by explaining Raj Vidya Raj Guhyam, he didnt left the meanings to be explained by people to suit their pursuits.

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada,

Hari Hari Bol !!

Bharat Vyas

Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krsna! All glories to Srila Prabhupada and all Vaisnavas. Please accept my humble obeisances and blessings. I pray that this meets you well and in the service/mercy of Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga. Dearest Devotees; I am completely amazed at the different translations of the Gita that have been distrubuted throughout this world, and how many are not an exact translation. But as Bharat Prabhuji has pointed out, this is indeed a great dis-service to all living entities that one would pervert the true words of the Lord Himself to promote one's own personal agenda. I have always loved this verse from the Gita, for in it Sri Krsna tells us plainly what His desires are. "Always chanting My glories, endeavoring with great determination, bowing down before Me, these great souls perpetually worship Me with

devotion." BG 9.14 When I returned to the sweet purport of Srila Prabhupada on this verse, I found it amazing that Srila Prabhupada addressed in his purport what Bharat Prabhuji was pointing out in his post. How this verse has been twisted throughout the different Dharma sects, many of which to fit their own teachings. PURPORT: The mahatma cannot be manufactured by rubber-stamping an ordinary man. His symptoms are described here: a mahatma is always engaged in chanting the glories of the Supreme Lord Krsna., the Personality of Godhead. He has no other business. He is always engaged in teh glorification of the Lord. In other words, he is not an impersonalist. WHen the question of glorification is there, one has to glorify the Supreme Lord, praising His Holy Name, His eternal form, His transcendental qualities and His uncommon pastimes. One has to glorify all

these things; therefore a mahatma is attached to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. One who is attached to the impersonal feature of the Supreme Lord, the brahmajyoti, is not described as mahatma in the Bhagavad-gita. He is described in a different way in the next verse. (Others, who are engaged in the cultivation of knowledge, worship the Supreme Lord as the one without a second, diverse in many, and in the universal form BG 9.15) The mahatma is always engaged in different activities of devotional service, as described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, hearing and chanting about Visnu, not a demigod or human being. That is devotion: sravanam kirtanam visnoh smaranam, and remembering Him. Such a mahatma has firm determination to achieve at the ultimate end the association of the Supreme Lord in any one of the five transcendental rasas. To achieve that success, he engages all activities--mental, bodily and vocal, everything--in the service of the

Supreme Lord, Sri Krsna. That is called Krsna Consciousness. In devotional service there are certain activities which are called determined, such as fasting on certain days, like the eleventh day of the moon, Ekadasi, and on the appearance day of the Lord, etc. All these rules and regulations are offered by the great acaryas for those who are actually interested in getting admission into the association of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in the transcendental world. The mahatmas, great souls, strictly observe all these rules and regulations, and therefore they are sure to achieve the desired result. As described in the second verse of this chapter, (This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed. BG 9.2) this devotioanl service is

not only easy, but is can be performed in a happy mood. One does not need to undergo any servere penance and austerity. He can live this life in devotional service, guided by an expert spiritual master, and in any position, either as a householder or a sannyasi, or a bharmacari; in any position and anywhere in the world, he can perform this devotional service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead and thus become actually mahatma, a great soul. (Bhagavad-gita As It Is, copywrite: 1972) Srila Prabhupada specifically points out how easy it is to have a live of devotional service, no matter what station of life one is in. But is amazes me how complex some people make devotional service, such as perverting the scriptures for one's own personal gain. When one honestly looks at Srila Prabhupada's translations and the extent he went through to ensure that we all had an exact translation and explination for our understanding,

even long after his departure, one can easily see the hand of Sri Krsna Himself in suppling our needs far in advance of us even knowing the truth of Krsna Consciousness. We should endeavor that much more to preach the truth and uproot all other adultries to the Lord's words and service. Your eternal servant;Nitaipada Maharaja

Personals Let fate take it's course directly to your email. See who's waiting for you Personals