IndiaDivine.org

Glory of Chanting The Holy Names.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna. Pranam to all Vaishnavas, Glory of Chanting The Holy Names One of the familiar

questions raised by some is about the existence of God. ``Is He (physically) present, and if so, why not I see Him'' is their doubt. A king was no exception to that and he did not believe in Bhagavan Krishna as he could not have His direct vision with his eyes. A saint took him out and asked him to look at the Sun right at noon. Naturally he could not because of the Sun's dazzle. If it is

impossible to face one Sun directly, how can a man see Bhagavan Krishna who is thousand times brighter and when His kingdom consists of several other illuminous objects, the saint pointed out. So, Sri Krishna , the Supreme God does exist and He can be approached by one simple way, of chanting His name with faith and sincere devotion. Sri Krishna is the completion or the fullness of existence and the ``Nama'' or name which denotes Him

too is perfect. Faithful chanting of the Bhagavan’s names enables a devotee to destroy the sins and to unite with Him. The name of Krishna removes the dirt in the mind enabling one to retain His vision in one's heart. Its potency can be established only through pure devotion, faith and its constant repetition. In this Kali age, meditation with ``Nama Japa'' is the easiest, quickest, safest and surest way to reach Bhagavan Sri Krishna.

During Krishna’s incarnation as Sri Rama, one beneficiary who could achieve the unbelievable and who could overcome several obstacles was Anjaneya whose glorious role in the Ramayana provides us concrete proof of the power of the name, ``Rama''. ``Japa'' (meditation) gives a nice, refreshing, exhilarating spiritual bath. Anjaneya performed great deeds of valour with admirable thoroughness of execution. His exploits and thoughts about the fruits which can be reaped by prayers offered to Him and the ecstasy one can get by chanting His glory are contained in one of the most sublime hymns, ``Hanuman Chalisa'' with 40 verses which reflect how he stands as our guide. One who chants this prayer a hundred times will be liberated from earthly bondage, says Tulasidas. In one of these

verses, the poet says that ``Keeping the Bhagavan's ring in your mouth, you jumped over the mighty ocean'' (in search of Sita). This feat was possible because of his chanting Sri Rama's name. Devotees can cross the ``ocean of misery'' in which they are immersed from adopting this step which can fetch peace, as the mind will be purged of all impurities. The faithful Anjaneya has been blessed by the Divine Mother Sita to grant anyone with any supernatural power and all treasures, adds another verse. With Bhagavan's grace, all impediments, problems and difficulties in the world can be easily overcome.

Bhagavan Sri Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 18, Sloka 65 -66 : manmana bhava mad-bhakto / mad-yaji mam namaskurumam evaisyasi satyam te / pratijane priyo 'si me sarva-dharman parityajya / mam ekam saranam vrajaaham tvam sarva-papebhyo / moksayisyami ma

sucah (Fix your mind on Me, become My devotee, offer service to Me, bow down to Me, and you shall certainly reach Me. I promise you because you are My very dear friend. (Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me completely with faith and devotion. I shall liberate you from all sinful reactions. Do not grieve.) Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!!! SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev

Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo.