IndiaDivine.org

Staying Busy for Lord Sri Krishna .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, An idle mind is the devil's workshop. Therefore it is always advisable to stay as busy as possible in Sri Krishna's service. We should always be reading, chanting, and preaching. We are like a very wonderful lamp, but if we do not plug it into the electrical socket it will not provide us with any illumination. Lord Sri Krishna is the electrical powerhouse, and bhakti is the wall socket. We, the lamps can be illuminated only by connecting through bhakti to Krishna, the

powerhouse. The people of the modern day society are so miserable and frustrated because they do not truly know how to give love and receive love. The only love they experience is a shadow of love. A Vaisnava is a person who puts Sri Krishna in the center of own life. Every thought, word, and deed is fully dedicated to the Lord's service in all times, places, and circumstances. There is truly nothing more relishable than associating with such devotees of the Lord. We must serve the Vaisnavas . That service must not be merely a show. We must master the art of the serving the devotees with

genuine feelings of love in the heart. Such service will immediately attract the mercy of Sri Krishna, which is eternal, full of bliss, and full of knowledge. QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Question -1 ( Can I Pray to Krishna for Material Things ? ) I am presently chanting the Hare Krishna Mahamantra on beads and reading the books of Srila Prabhupada. I am forced to beg my Lord's help for my materialistic advancement at each and every step, like good marks in my studies, success in my research, good job, etc. I do not know anybody other than my

Krishna to ask for these. I am worried that my love for Krishna will decrease when the things I ask for are not obtained. Please guide me and save this most fallen soul. Also please guide me how a Krishna

conscious college student life should be, and how I can progress further in Krishna bhakti . Answer – ( Just Pray for Bhakti . Everything Else Will Follow Automatically. ) You do not have to beg for any materialistic advancement. If you simply beg for Krishna’s mercy your material advancement will follow automatically like a shadow. Simply try to be sincere in your chanting, read Srila Prabhupada's Gita and Bhagavatam , and associate with Krishna’s devotees . By reading, chanting, and associating with devotees you will become very happy and fixed in Krishna-bhakti . Question -2 (Clarify My Doubts ) I am getting a few doubts while executing devotional process. Would you please with your mercy clarify them?. 1. What

exactly is the meaning of devotional service?. If someone doesn't chant rounds/japa, but engages in prasadam cooking or some other temple work would it be called as devotional service?. 2. How important is chanting ?. Should it be done at the cost of other services?. 3. One says that service done to Krishna means all other services done. But then what about our other services like household work, job ,caring for family & so on?. 4. If one has to strike a balance then what is the most important devotional activity which one has to perform regardless of anything or everything?. Sandeep Answer – ( Clarification ). 1. Any service done for the pleasure of Lord Sri Krishna without any material remuneration is bhakti yoga (devotional service) . 2. The chanting of Hare Krishna mantra must be done daily . Rise early and finish your japa before you begin your service. 3. All our activities must be conducted as an offering to Sri Krishna so that they can be connected by Krishna’s mercy with the Lord’s service. 4. Your most important duty is to follow these items strictly : (These are the basic items of sadhana bhakti to be executed by all those who are serious about being a devotee of Lord Sri Krishna.) 1. No illicit sex . 2. No meat eating (including fish and eggs). 3. No intoxication (including coffee, tea, and cigarettes). 4. No gambling. 5. Chant 16 rounds of Hare Krishna mantra every day on chanting beads . 6. Eat Krishna prasadam (food which has been first offered to Lord Krishna). 7. Regularly study authorized scriptures such as Bhagavad-gita and Srimad Bhagavatam . 8. To solidify your connection with Krishna associate with His devotees who are purely following the path of Krishna bhakti . 9. Take shelter of Lord Sri Krishna’s lotus feet . Question – 3 ( Does Bhakti Awaken the Kundalini Chakra? ) Rajendra Answer – (Bhakti Yields the Fruits of All Yoga Systems.) If one fully surrenders himself at the lotus feet of Sri Krishna and serve the Lord with faith, he will undoubtedly achieve the ultimate result or benefit of any and all yoga systems including the kundalini yoga system. Because bhakti yoga is the culmination or perfection of all yoga systems one automatically receives the benefit of all yoga systems simply by reawakening one's dormant bhakti, pure love for Sri Krishna, the Supreme Godhead. Chanting is always beneficial. In any condition of consciousness we should go on chanting daily on our japa beads. Although enthusiastic chanting brings better results than unenthusiastic chanting, we should never give up the chanting process. Actually we can always chant with vigor and vitality if, with full faith in the process of Krishna-bhakti, we simply dive into the nectar. The key is to chant based on the knowledge that only chanting can save us. We should learn how to chant for the pleasure of Sri Krishna instead of for our own enjoyment. By chanting in this way we will become very steady in our chanting and gradually come to the platform of invigoration and vitality every time we chant the Hare Krishna mantra : Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna

Krishna, Hare Hare Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, more on new and used cars.