IndiaDivine.org

Genuine Spirituality by Surrendering to Lord Krishna .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, While we can easily accept the principle of loving God, we hesitate at the prospect of completely giving up our independence to do He whatever He asks us to do. This means that our "love" for Him is not love in the strictest sense of the term. We have a sentiment for God, but we are still are thinking in terms of how He can

facilitate our desires. This is not love. This is business. This mood does not bring satisfaction to the self. It is a greedy, self-centered imagined spirituality, which is nothing more than covered materialism in the name of God. This sort of so-called religion is now the modern day accepted norm of religion. Therefore in spite of so many churches, synagogues, temples, and mosques the entire world is being plunged more and more into chaos. I cannot help but appreciate how Krishna has so wonderfully

provided the people with adequate facilities to live comfortably. The climate is ideal. The air is clean. Delicious fruits and vegetable of many, many varieties as well as beautiful fragrant flowers grow easily in abundance. There are wild mango groves, blue lagoons, dazzling waterfalls. and so many other varieties of pure natural wonders. But one thing is missing here. The people are not happy. There is so much thievery that people have to stay home every evening after dark to guard their homes against break-ins. Instead of making Krishna or God the center of their lives, they foolishly and uselessly try to be happy by putting themselves in the center. This does not work because Krishna factually is the center of all existence. We are but His tiny servants. If we appreciate our role as His humble servants and faithfully follow His instructions, our lives will be perfect and sublime, no matter where we may be living in this material world. Whether we reside in the comfortable places or in the cold, bleak northern regions, if we are fully absorbed in Krishna bhakti , we will be tasting the sweetest bliss at every

minute. By fully submitting ourselves to the instructions of Krishna’s instructions we easily give up our false sense of independence and enter into the mood of genuine surrender unto the will of the Lord. This pure devotional mood will automatically bring about the much desired peace and prosperity in our lives and gradually will become more and more manifest throughout the world. QUESTION & ANSWER Question – (Is It Krishna Conscious to Feel Affection? ). A few things are troubling me, which I'm sure in your gentle way you can clarify for me and put me at ease. I remember reading an old story about a newborn baby who stood up and declared that his "parents" were not his mother and father at all, and he proceeded to expound on reincarnation. My sorrow is that my children have no real connection to me at all, and their affection is merely their delusion by our material natures. But this doesn't seem right to me because even Krishna and Arjuna called each other friend, and Krishna understood Arjuna's reluctance to fight his own dear kinsmen. Along this same line, I read in the Bhagavad-Gita that we are to see all creatures equally because all have a spark of Krishna. But this cannot mean (or can it?), that I am to have the same feeling--or lack thereof--for a spider as I do for my mother or husband?. And lastly, regarding the beautiful spiritual planets where the demigods and Krishna reside, if we are to be detached from sense objects, is it right to be attracted to the beauty of these places?. I feel my lack of true understanding of these points is a hindrance to me and I wish to jump

headfirst into the ambrosial ocean of Krishna's love and mercy. Please help me to understand rightly. Avril Answer – (Krishna bhakti is the Perfection of Affection ). In the process of Krishna-bhakti we do not deny affection. Rather we perfect it. Affection between parents and

children is natural. If you actually love your children, you should deliver them from the cycle of birth and death. This is the perfection of affection. To feel equal love for all living entities, even a spider, is a highly advanced stage of spiritual realization in which one feels unlimited bliss at every minute. It is described in the Bhagavad-gita as follows : brahma-bhutah prasannatma na socati na kanksati samah sarvesu bhutesu mad-bhaktim labhate param ( "One who is thus transcendentally situated at once realizes the Supreme Brahman and becomes fully joyful. He never laments or desires to have anything. He is equally disposed toward every living entity. In that state he attains pure devotional service unto Me." Bhagavad-gita 18.54 ) The demigods don't live on the spiritual planets. They live on higher planets within the material world known as the heavenly planets. Pure devotees are not attracted by the incredible opulence of the heavenly planets, nor are they interested even in the opulence of the spiritual planets. The only thing they are interested in is the opportunity to render pure devotional service to Lord Sri Krishna and His devotees. Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Mail Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.