IndiaDivine.org

Taste the Nectar of Krishna-bhakti .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, Our headquarters here at Bhaktivedanta Ashram in Austin, Texas is a true oasis in the desert. Here everything connects with Sri Krishna. I rise by 3:00am for my morning shower, chanting the Hare Krishna mantra for at least 16 rounds on the japa beads and for attending the morning devotional program. The morning program we conduct every day is a very powerful, sweet, ecstatic meditation, a sublime series of transcendental events. At 4:30am we have Mangal Arati, an auspicious welcoming ceremony for Lord Sri Krishna. Then we worship the Lord's pure devotee, Srimati Tulasi devi. Then while Mataji bathes and dresses Sri Sri Radha Damodar, I bathe and dress a deity of Srila Prabhupada and cook the breakfast. I cook a small batch of oatmeal, bring a cup of milk to a boil, and then cut a variety of fruits and arrange them nicely on the Lord's plate. One of the most wonderful aspects of Lord Krishna's unlimited glories is that even though He is great and so powerful He agrees to accept even the meager offerings of His devotees if they are offered with love and devotion. Krishna explains this in the Bhagavad-gita 9.26 : patram puspam phalam toyamyo me bhaktya prayacchatitad aham bhakty-upahrtamasnami prayatatmanah ( "If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it." ) At 6:45am after the Deities have been dressed and received their breakfast, we have a ceremony to greet them, after which I offer an arati to Srila Prabhupada called Guru Puja. Following this we have an intellectually stimulating Srimad Bhagavatam class and a delicious breakfast of Krishna prasadam (foodstuffs offered to Lord Krishna with love and devotion.)At this point we enter into our regular daily activities in a blissful state of Krishna bhakti . You can also taste the sweetest nectar

every morning by conducting a similar program in your home. Or you can attend the blissful morning program at your nearest ISKCON center. In this way you will quickly and easily advance yourself along the pathway back to home, back to Godhead.Why suffer in a state of anxiety when you taste ever-increasing bliss day after day? QUESTION & ANSWER Question – ( Please enlighten me on Reincarnation... ) Is it possible that you can help by enlightening me regarding reincarnation? What really is reincarnation is? How does reincarnation affect our soul? Mother Alma Answer – (You Are Changing Bodies... )Reincarnation is a very simple principle to

understand. Just as you have changed bodies in this lifetime many times, from a baby's body to a little girl's body, from a little girl's body to a young girl's body, from a young girl's body to a teenager's body, from a teenager's body to a young adult body, etc--in a similar way you, the living being, have been changing bodies lifetime after lifetime. Nature has facilitated you with many varieties of bodies to satisfy your desire to enjoy in many varieties of ways--sometimes as a human being,sometimes as an animal, and sometimes as a plant . But in each and every bodily situation you have not been fully satisfied because your actual identity is situated far, far beyond the body . None of the millions of different types of bodies that you have accepted over millions of lifetimes could satisfy your

desire for an eternal existence full of bliss and knowledge . To achieve that platform you must realize that you are not that body, that you instead are an eternal spiritual being, the eternal servant of Lord Sri Krishna , the Supreme God. And then you should gradually master the art of rendering pure devotional service unto the Lord. Sri Krishna confirms in Bhagavad-gita 9.30 – 31 : api cet su-duracaro / bhajate mam ananya-bhaksadhur eva sa mantavyah / samyag vyavasito hi sah ksipram bhavati dharmatma / sasvac-chantim nigacchatikaunteya pratijanihi na me bhaktah pranasyati(Even if the worst sinner worships Me with true bhakti, he should be considered as virtuous ; for he has rightly decided his duty (i.e. , He is positive in his belief that there is nothing like devoted worship of Me.He quickly becomes righteous and attains eternal peace. O Kaunteya, declare it boldly that , My devotee never perishes. )Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

His Divine Grace Sankarshan Das Adhikari , the writer of the

mentioned article is a Diksa Guru (Initiating Spiritual Master ) ;

and as a disciple of Srila Prabhupada, He has been chanting more

than (16) rounds/day of Hare Krishna Mahamantra since 1971. Such an

instrument of Lord Sri Krishna , who has dedicated His life totally

to the service of the Lord, is bound to have yogic power.

Bhakti-yoga is the supreme Yoga system . When you chant Hare Krishna

Mahamantra you are invoking Lord Krishna, the Yogeesvara ( Lord of

Yoga) whose mere presence clears the negativities of your past-

karma ; and instills yogic power . It is a known fact that, Sri

Krishna gives Himself to His devotees according to their Bhakti-yoga.

If you analyze yourself , you can find out the positive attributes

that have manifested in you since taking up the process of Krishna-

bhakti.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Your humble servant,

Krishnadaya.

----

-----------

" trinispy " <trinispy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:54am

RE: Taste the Nectar of Krishna-bhakti -

Hare Krishna,

You indicated that you rise at 3:00 AM and chant at least 16 rounds

of the Hare-Krishna Mantra. you indicated that Mangal Aarti takes

palce at 4:30 AM. This is a 90 minute period to bathe and chant.

If one takes 6 seconds to chant the Hare Krishna Mantra just once.

Sixteen rounds will take 16 rounds x 108 beads x6 seconds = 10368

seconds = 172.8 minutes = 2.88 hours.

Can you explain how you accomplish this feat of chanting 16 rounds

in less than 90 minutes? A simple calculation indicates it will take

172.8 minutes or 2.88 hours.

Also, chanting the mantra in 6 seconds is very fast. Proper chanting

will take about 8 to 9 seconds per mantra resulting in a longer time

frame to chant 16 rounds.

Please explain this to me. Thank you.