IndiaDivine.org

Experiences of (3) Devotees in Guruvayoor Temple.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ! , Pranam to all Vaishnavas !!! The following are the experiences of (3) devotees in Guruvayoor temple . They describe it in own words : 1. Experience of

Sri. K.V.Gopalakrishnan Radhe Krishna!Mysterious are His ways to shower blessings on His devotees.The first time I went to Guruvayoor when I was working in Bombay and coming to Kerala on short leave, self, wife, child and f-i-law landed in front of Guruvayoor temple at 12 noon sharp. Unfortunately that was the time temple was closing

after the noon Pooja in those days, in 1962. Temple door had already closed very punctually. We were at a total loss, and praying for a darsan somehow, as I had to depart by the evening train back to Bombay.One devotee standing with me told me.

"Swami don’t be afraid. Bhagavan will not leave any devotee without giving darshan. Keep on looking . The door will open and you will get darshan". Suddenly the temple door was opened by the Chief Priest who had gone inside the main temple for something. After opening, he was searching for something inside keeping the door open, which helped us to get an extended darsan.We thanked the Lord for His mercy and the devotee who was with us for advising us.Such are His ways. Hail unto Him! K.V. Gopalakrishna. webmaster www.narayaneeyam.com--------------------- 2. Experience of Sri. Giri Dear Devotees, Although I am not conversant in the temple literature as I was born and brought up outside Kerala .However as a humble prayer to the Almighty ,Lord Guruvayoor, I would like to narrate my experiences. Please pardon me for any terminlogy I would have written wrongly. During the last vacations when I , father and father in law on the way to Shabari mala ,went to Guruvayoor to offer our prayers . It was around 12.00 in the afternoon . Standing in the center of the temple with folded hands, I was praying to Lord " Next time when can I see you " ( as I had to leave after the visit to

Shabarimala) .I felt as being told not to worry. After my darshan as we were about to leave A person came by and gave 3 tickets for the annadanam meal. They were leaving the temple. As if Lord heard me ,we had the prasadam and when we came after the meal , a devotee called us and said why don’t you have one more darshan before you go. We were Swami's at that time. After meal darshan that too at Lord Guruvayoor's place never would have thought in my life. But I could not resist .No queue was there. It was as if my prayers were being answered right then and there. Went inside the temple and there I felt as if Guruvayoorappan was smiling and saying are you happy? . No rush and ample time was given to pray . I could not believe my luck .Truly God was really translating my wishes. May Lord of Guruvayoor bless you all !!!.Giri. 3. Experience of Smt. Sunita Om Namo Narayanaya!I will narrate an incident related to Guruvayur that had a great impact on me. When I was doing my Ph.D, I was very career oriented and not too interested in marriage. But that was not the plan of Shri Guruvayurappan. I sincerely prayed to Guruvayurappan that if You really want me to get married, it should

be held in Guruvayur and no where else. Elders in the family, being of the opinion that marriages should be conducted by the family priest by proper chanting of Vedic mantras, there was no way I could let them know what I wanted. I prayed again to the Lord. Lord Guruvayurappan came to my rescue in form of my Mother-in-law. Her one and only condition for the marriage [even before I had even spoken to her] was that the marriage be conducted in Guruvayur. When we conveyed this to our family priest, he was very eager to come with us to Guruvayur to conduct the marriage. There were several more hurdles in the way, which Guruvayurappan took care of. My in-laws were traveling from Bangalore by bus and were stranded in their way due to heavy rains. Due to God's grace they all reached in the middle of the night, a couple of the hours

before the ceremony was scheduled to commence. Finally the marriage was conducted in Guruvayur as per Vedic rites and the Muhurtam was in front of the Nada exactly four years ago, to date.Incidents such as these go a long way in strengthening our devotion to the Lord.Hari Narayana!!

All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.