IndiaDivine.org

Temple Worship.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, Dandavat Pranams to Sri Krishna and all Vaishnavas ,

I fully agree with BrahmaSri Gopalakrishnaji,

A small percentage of the temple-goers are not serious ; and Atheists among them often try to impress fellow non-devotees, by making fun on the devotees who are faithfully worshiping Bhagavan . Some of the insulted devotees may get upset worrying about the disturbance on the sacred environment .

Of course, Bhagavan Krishna will correct the wrong-doers in the most appropriate manner ; and therefore the insulted devotee need not worry at all . If fact , he should take it as Bhagavan's testing and feel happy that he has succeeded in controlling his senses .

The entire premises of Guruvayoor temple are live with Bhagavan Krishna's aura (chaithanyam) ; and His presence is not limited to the sanctum sanctorum alone . Even while waiting in the "queue" for darshan , the devotee should continuously chant "Narayana-nama" with utmost faith . All thoughts, words and deeds should be focused at Bhagavan . If done so, that darshan will be a landmark in his Bhakti-yoga .

Bhagavan Krishna instructs Uddhava in Srimad Bhagavatam :

SB 11.27.44 : Singing along with others, chanting loudly and dancing, acting out My transcendental pastimes, and hearing and telling stories about Me, the devotee should for some time absorb himself in such festivity.

SB 11.27.45 : The devotee should offer homage to the Lord with all kinds of hymns and prayers, both from the Puranas and from other ancient scriptures, and also from ordinary traditions. Praying, "O Lord, please be merciful to me! " , he should fall down flat like a rod to offer his obeisances.

SB 11.27.46 : Placing his head at the feet of the Deity, he should then stand with folded hands before the Lord and pray, "O my Lord, please protect me, who am surrendered unto You. I am most fearful of this ocean of material existence, standing as I am in the mouth of death."

SB 11.27.47 : Praying in this way, the devotee should respectfully place upon his head the remnants I offer to him. The devotee once again place the light of the Deity's presence inside the light of the lotus within his own heart.

SB 11.27.48 : Whenever one develops faith in Me — in My form as the Deity or in other bona fide manifestations — one should worship Me in that form. I certainly exist both within all created beings and also separately in My original form, since I am the Supreme Soul of all.

SB 11.27.49 : By worshiping Me through the various methods prescribed in the Vedas and Tantras, one will gain from Me his desired perfection in both this life and the next .

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!!!

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev

Dear Sri. Raghunath,

You seem to be perturbed at the remark made by someone in the queue. There are ignorant and arrogant people all over. You should learn to ignore them and only pray to the Lord to give them wisdom and Bhakti. Such people are predominated by Tamo-guna and that is what prompts them to make such utterings. Once they have darshan of the Lord and visits Him quite a number of times, their nature will change. Lord Guruvayoorappan is embodiment of Sattva-guna and He will spread the Sattva-guna aspect to His devotees by showering His blessings on them. The very fact that such a person has taken the trouble of visiting the temple is sign of His grace on that man. Divine grace is required even to think of Him. In your case, the grace is maturing and your Bhakti is also developing further and further. In his case, it has just started. He has a long way to go to reach your level. So the best we can do is to tell all devotees to pray for such people so that they will change. We may or may not know whether they change, because we dont know them. But the nature of God will inject goodness in them.Visit website www.narayaneeyam.com and read the short introductory pages and four specimen commentaries on chapters 1, 34, 35 and 100.

RegardsK.V. Gopalakrisna-------------------ragrak20012000 wrote:

Hare Krishna , Last month I went for my annual leave and visit Guruvayoor temple. I reached their by morning 7.00 to do 'sayanapradikshanam'. I took a bath and I entered the temple in wet dothi to start sayanapradikshanam. As I did a namaskar and start rolling I heard a comment in malayalam as we usually used to hear in a street like it meant what I was doing a mad thing. It came from a young person but not clear becoz I started my sayanapradikshanam. I felt very hurt and wondered why any devotee of Lord Guruvayoorappan would do a comment or dare to say like this inside the temple. So strict vigilence should be done to prevent miscreants to enter the temple.Let this issue reach all the devotees of Lord KrishnaRaghunath