IndiaDivine.org

How to Live Peacefully .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ,

It is very painful to see the ever-increasing chaos that has enveloped this world. A world society that refuses to put God in the center is for all practical purposes a hell on earth. Instead of putting God in the center we futilely try to put ourselves the center. Hence we have a world in which so many imitation Gods are running around butting heads with each other trying to assert their supremacy. This is not practical . It does not work . We are meant to put God in the center where He belongs . If we do this there will be immediate peace and prosperity throughout the world. The current world leaders are blind to this solution . Instead of introducing God as the center they prefer to keep themselves in the center. We should no longer accept the leadership of such men and women who do not put God in the center. We should demand that our leaders put God in the center.

Since everything is Krishna's energy, everything is meant to be engaged in His service. If I usurp the property of someone else for my enjoyment, I am a thief, and I am liable to punishment by the laws of the state. Similarly, if I claim proprietorship over that which belongs to the Lord and try to utilize it for my enjoyment, I am a thief and am liable to be punished by the even more stringent laws of this material nature. By honestly acknowledging the real owner and engaging everything in His service, we become very, very dear to Him and taste, at every moment, a pleasure that is extraordinarily sublime .

Sri Krishna says in Gita , Chapter – 10 , Sloka no. 7 to 11 :

" He who knows in truth My opulence and yogic power , has firm bhakti in Me. There is no doubt about this.I am the source of both mundane and spiritual worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who know this well, worship Me with great joy in their hearts.

Those whose minds are fixed on Me and whose lives are surrendered to Me, derive great satisfaction from enlightening one another about my greatness and speaking about Me .

Those whose minds are devoted to Me worship Me with great joy. I Myself give to them the yoga of wisdom, by which they can come to Me .Only out of compassion for these devotees, I dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shining lamp of knowledge, the darkness born of ignorance."

Question and Answer

Question

How Can We Be Created If We Always Existed?... Hare Krishna, You mentioned the following in a conversation :

"He has created us for the sole purpose of loving Him, but then we foolishly left His eternal kingdom". How is it that God has created us when in fact Lord Krishna states in Bhagavad-Gita that there was never a time when we did not exist? Was there any time when we were not there? Please explain. Pradeep

Answer The Lord is Eternally Creating You by His Sweet Will... God has eternally been creating you by His sweet desire to have a loving relationship with you. He creates you simply by His will for you to exist. You, the eternal spiritual being, are eternally emanating from His transcendental form. You exist eternally but not independently of His manifesting you. Without His manifesting you, you would not exist. Therefore you are His eternal creation. Sankarshan Das Adhikari

A real devotee is never concerned about money, but tries to survive in

whatever the Lord gives, by honesty and hard work. The definition of a

Swami is one who can take care of himself, and of others as well, both

materially and spiritually. Advanced Yogis simply live without any

money at all, you may find them in the Himalayas and other regions like

Vrindavan and some regions in South india as well which are suitable

for ascetic life, they minimise their needs and survive. In modern

society, however, most of the neophyte devotees that join this movement

(ISKCON) are people with jobs who were once very deeply engaged in

material activities and are trying to give up or reject materialism and

spiritualise themselves. This effort must be encouraged at all costs.

It may be impossible or at least very difficult,to find devotees today

who do not work for a living, or do not earn money,and yet survive.

Srila Prabhupada has advised to work collectively as a group, thus the

ISKCON is a multifaceted organisation with so many ventures and

projects, with the common goal to serve Krishna.

Daanam, Tapam and Japam must never be given up.... Danam means

charity, Tapam means the various spiritual practices that purify oneself, and

Japam

implies chanting Harinaam sincerely (during these times of Kaliyuga)

Thus by chanting, one remains purified and peaceful; devoid of desires,

and reduces further desires slowly, by increasing chanting. There

should be the desire to earn spiritual wealth( by Japa) and fill the

spiritual bank, rather than earn material wealth and fill material

banks.