IndiaDivine.org

Ishta Devatha (Personal God)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krsna! All glories to Srila Prabhupada and all Vaisnavas. Please accept my humble obeisances and blessings. I pray that this meets you well and in the service/mercy of Sri Guru and Sri Guarnaga.My Dearest Monique;Many of us can sincerely sympathise with your situation. We have had many things stolen from us over the years, but our faith in Sri Nitai-Gaura maintains us through any troubles that are brought upon us in this material world.While $80.00 is alot of money, and there is no excuse for anyone stealing from another, we have to ultimately realize that everything in this material creation belongs to Sri Krsna. While it is alright to feel angry and frustrated over such a calamity, we are not to remain there and allow such an offense to fester until it become anger that is not controlable. Attempt to look at the situation from another angle. The $80.00 belongs to Sri

Krsna anyway, and that He may do with it as He wishes. But also realize, if you release the money, forgive the one that stole it, then many more blessings much richer than the $80.00 that you lost come into your home. How much is $80.00 truly worth? Look at what it cost to aquire the $80.00. The time spent, the effort made. The frustration, sacrifice and emotional cost of that $80.00. Now, take all of this and surrender it to the lotus feet of Sri Nityananda, for His mercy is unlimited. He knows how much the money is worth, He knows what you need, He knows what you were going to use the money for, whether good or bad, sacrifice, charity or selfish motives. He knows the whole situation around this $80.00, even that inwhich you are not aware. Write down everything concerning this $80.00, both positive and negative concerning the whole circumstances surrounding it. Now, take it and place it at the lotus feet

of Sri Nityananda Raya Prabhuji and let Him take care of it. Fully surrender everything concerning the $80.00, and also forgive the one who took it, and forgive yourself for harboring any negative emotions towards this one, and yourself. This is very important, to many minimize the importance of the power of forgiveness.You are not the $80.00. You are not the items you could purchase with this money. You are not even the enjoyer of the money beyond immidate gratification that passes all to quickly. You are not any of these things, but you are a humble disciple of the Lord. So, as the Lord's devotee, we are to completely and simply surrender, not harbor anything from Him in any way.During a quiet time, preferably after your mind is quiet from chanting the Holy Names, reflect on what you have learned from this experience. How have you become a better devotee of Sri Krishna, and a better disciple to Sri Guru and Sri

Gauranga. This may take time, but there is indeed a lesson here. We are encouraged to use our minds to search out the truth of a matter, not stay stuck in the wrong inflicted, but to find the truth behind the situation and circumstance and see Sri Krsna.You have lost the money for any number of reasons. But we are not to dwell upon the reason of the loss, but to find the lesson behind it. Devotees loose all manner of things, but instead of becoming bitter, one that is serious about their sadhana will search out the meaning, not necessarily the reason. Lessons come to us in many forms, but if we are honest with ourselves, Sri Krsna will give us the lesson that we are to learn and thereby advance a little farther up the ladder of Bhakti.If you would like to discuss this farther, I am completely at your service.Your eternal servant;Nitaipada Maharaja

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krsna! All glories to Srila Prabhupada and all Vaisnavas. Dear Nitaipada Maharaja, the story went on. I had surrendered to our beloved Lord Krsna. I had forgiven. One week later, another theft. This time, I caught it on time and got reimbursed. The youth I was helping is now out of my life, out of my range for help. I knew Lord Krsna was looking at me and wanted to protect me. Yet, now I am alone and desperate. It was not the money, it was the lies and the hypocritical attitude I could not bear. But now, I am alone again. I would like Lord Krsna to appear to me like the story where He appeared like a cat to his devotee. Thank you so much for reading me. Hare Krsna! MoniqueNitaipada Maharaja <nitaipada_maharaja wrote: Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krsna! All glories to Srila Prabhupada and all Vaisnavas. Please accept my humble obeisances and blessings. I pray that this meets you well and in the service/mercy of Sri Guru and Sri Guarnaga.My Dearest Monique;Many of us can sincerely

sympathise with your situation. We have had many things stolen from us over the years, but our faith in Sri Nitai-Gaura maintains us through any troubles that are brought upon us in this material world.While $80.00 is alot of money, and there is no excuse for anyone stealing from another, we have to ultimately realize that everything in this material creation belongs to Sri Krsna. While it is alright to feel angry and frustrated over such a calamity, we are not to remain there and allow such an offense to fester until it become anger that is not controlable. Attempt to look at the situation from another angle. The $80.00 belongs to Sri Krsna anyway, and that He may do with it as He wishes. But also realize, if you release the money, forgive the one that stole it, then many more blessings much richer than the $80.00 that you lost come into your home. How much is $80.00 truly worth? Look at what it cost to aquire the

$80.00. The time spent, the effort made. The frustration, sacrifice and emotional cost of that $80.00. Now, take all of this and surrender it to the lotus feet of Sri Nityananda, for His mercy is unlimited. He knows how much the money is worth, He knows what you need, He knows what you were going to use the money for, whether good or bad, sacrifice, charity or selfish motives. He knows the whole situation around this $80.00, even that inwhich you are not aware. Write down everything concerning this $80.00, both positive and negative concerning the whole circumstances surrounding it. Now, take it and place it at the lotus feet of Sri Nityananda Raya Prabhuji and let Him take care of it. Fully surrender everything concerning the $80.00, and also forgive the one who took it, and forgive yourself for harboring any negative emotions towards this one, and yourself. This is very important, to many minimize the importance of

the power of forgiveness.You are not the $80.00. You are not the items you could purchase with this money. You are not even the enjoyer of the money beyond immidate gratification that passes all to quickly. You are not any of these things, but you are a humble disciple of the Lord. So, as the Lord's devotee, we are to completely and simply surrender, not harbor anything from Him in any way.During a quiet time, preferably after your mind is quiet from chanting the Holy Names, reflect on what you have learned from this experience. How have you become a better devotee of Sri Krishna, and a better disciple to Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga. This may take time, but there is indeed a lesson here. We are encouraged to use our minds to search out the truth of a matter, not stay stuck in the wrong inflicted, but to find the truth behind the situation and circumstance and see Sri Krsna.You have lost the money for any

number of reasons. But we are not to dwell upon the reason of the loss, but to find the lesson behind it. Devotees loose all manner of things, but instead of becoming bitter, one that is serious about their sadhana will search out the meaning, not necessarily the reason. Lessons come to us in many forms, but if we are honest with ourselves, Sri Krsna will give us the lesson that we are to learn and thereby advance a little farther up the ladder of Bhakti.If you would like to discuss this farther, I am completely at your service.Your eternal servant;Nitaipada Maharaja Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna! All glories to

Srila Bhaktivinoda, Srila Prabhupada, my most beloved

Srila Gaurangapada and all Vaisnavas. Please accept

my humble obeisances and blessings. I pray that this

meets you well and in the service/mercy of Sri Guru

and Sri Gauranga.

My Dearest Bhaktin Monique;

Thank you for your letter. I am suprised that your

" friend " attempted their theft again knowing that you

were paying attention.

Many troubled youth have addictions that cause them to

steal. It may be drugs, sex, different addictions, or

just simply the thrill of stealing. What is important

is that you surrendered this situation to the Lord's

lotus feet and He proved Himself to you that He will

protect you in all aspects of your material life.

While stealing of material assets is indeed troubling,

lies and hiprocrisy go to the soul, which causes more

damage. This causes us to mistrust nearly everyone

that comes into our lives, whether their sent by the

Lord or not. This is why its so important to forgive

those that have brought harm to us, either physically

or spiritually. When we harbor unforgiveness in our

hearts, then it stunts the devotional creeper and in

time is the cause of us giving up on Bhakti

altogether.

Don't be " desperate " because of being alone.

Consider this " quiet time " for yourself, so that you

can work on Monique and build a more solid spiritual

foundation with the Lord. There are times in our

lives that we need alone time, and this is your time,

so use it wisely. It doesn't last long before the

Lord sends someone else to our doors for assistance.

Even sannaysis don't have alot of personal time,

because the world is attracted by the safron robes and

the dhanda. So use this time wisely. Chant the Holy

Names. Read and study Srila Prabhupada's books.

Build a solid relationship with some of the advanced

Mataji's at the temple. Do what you can to strengthen

your spiritual foundation.

If you need any assistance, I am completely at your

service.

Your eternal servant;

Nitaipada Maharaja