IndiaDivine.org

Dear Devotees.......Do not Miss the Great Real Story of Poonthanam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Lord Krishna is dearest"Krishna Krishna Mukundha Janardhana Krishna Govinda Narayana Hare...Achutananda Govinda Madhava Sachitananda Narayana hare....."Dear devotees of Lord Krishna, "Krishna Krishna Mukundha Janardhana Krishna Govinda Narayana hare...Achutananda Govinda Madhava Sachitananda Narayana Hare....." The two lines containing dear Krishna's names are the starting lines of the Poetry "Jnana Pana" written by the great devotee Poonthanam..... As my heart is full of joy and devotion, yesterday when I was in dear Krishna temple, I was only remembering great devotee Poonthanam and his love towards dear Krishna.....Poonthanam was a greatdevotee of Lord Krishna, who loved Krishna more than a human's imagination and ultimately went to vaikunta with dear Krishna...when he crossed his 90th age....Poonthanam was very devoted to dear Krishna from his young age, he used to visit Guruvayoor Temple daily(Located in Kerala) , which is more than 70 kilometers far from his house. He daily walked more than 70 km to see dear Krishna ,to care dear Krishna , to love dear Krishna and to sing devotional songs ......Poonthanam lived during the year (1547-1640), means some 460 years ago. Even though poonthanam married at the age of 20, he was not having a child for long years. Poonthanam began to propititate the Lord of Guruvayoor(Lord Krishna).A son was born to Poonthanam in 1586, Poonthanam called for a celebration and everybody known was invited, but the Child died an hour

before the ceremony.Grief-Sticken Poonthanam sought refuge at Guruvayoor Temple and started praying with purana stories. Gradually Poonthanam became Realised and Enlightened.Poonthanam wrote the famous Poetry "Jnana Pana", which is full of knowledge that is enough to get enlightened and reach dear Krishna...Dear Poonthanam wrote these lines with much feelings , when you hear the song you feel it,"while little Krishna is dancing in our hearts, why do we need little ones of our own?"Here is many stories illustrating Poonthanam’s connection with the sacred Bhagavatham. Most of us might have heard about the temple of Kottiyoor in North Kerala. It is believed that Daksha Yaga was performed there. The important deity in that temple is Lord

Shiva. The temple was kept open only for a few days in a year. There were no human activities in that place for the rest of the year. Poonthanam reached at the Kottiyoor temple. He had a bath in the Holly River; he worshiped compassionate God Shiva, felt happy and stayed there for a few days. He recited Bhagavatham everyday in front of the Deity. There is a famous part in the tenth chapter named "Karhichith". That part contained the following story. Lord Krishna asks his wife Rukmini "why did you marry to me who is just a cowherd? You would have been much better in life if you had married the King Sisupala. Hearing this Rukmini faints and God consoles

her. This part is described very well in Bhagavatham with inner meanings. Poonthanam finished reading this part of the chapter and kept the bookmark on that page. Next day he found the bookmark at beginning of the same chapter. So Poonthanam read the same part for the second time. This was repeated for the rest of the days. It was the last day to close the temple for the year. Poonthanam was returning from the temple with the other devotees. Then he remembered about his Bhagavatham, which he left at the temple. He hurried back; crossed the river and reached the entrance to the temple, which was closed. He was all alone. He could hear somebody reciting beatifully the same part of the chapter from Bhagavatham inside the

temple. As he looked through the peep- hole he saw the Lord Siva himself reading from Poonthanam’s book. Goddess Parvathi and his other Bhaoothaganas were listening. Their eyes were filled with tears out of devotion. Poonthanam stood there motionless and heard the whole recitation. At the end Paramashiva asked Parvathi "was my reading as good as Poonthanam’s"? Parvathi replied "It was good ,but not good as that of Poonthanam’s " . Hearing this Poonthanam who stood outside was shaken up and uttered the name Narayana loudly. When he watched again the Gods had disappeared. It was God Shiva who put the Bookmark at the beginning of the chapter every time when Poonthanam recited at the temple. This story shows that God places true devotees much higher than Himself. Satsang is the best way to attain pure devotion. Poonthanam spent the rest of his life of 90 odd years reading the "Bhagavatham" and singing Lord Krishna's glories in simple Malayalam.Poonthanam was getting old. He couldn’t travel much. He remained home and spent most of his time in reading Bhagavatham and Meditation. He used to get visions of Sri Krishna very often. But others couldn’t understand what he was talking about. They thought he

had become senile. One day Poonthanam said, "The messengers of Sri Krishna are visiting our house tomorrow. So the whole house needs to be decorated with plantain trees and so on". Poonthanam arranged for the decoration. The family thought he was going crazy. Still they helped him with all the arrangements. Next morning while he was resting after meditation he could see the plane coming to fetch him. Immediately he called his wife and asked her to get ready to go as the plane had landed. She didn’t take it serious and said "I am not coming. I have to do a few more things in the kitchen". The faithful maid who was listening to their conversation asked for his permission to go with him. Poonthanam gladly agreed. After a few minutes Poonthanam’s wife finished her chores and came out. Poonthanam was missing and she saw the Maid lying dead. Ever since nobody had seen Poonthanam..........Hare

Krishna.. Dear poonthanam is blessed to be in Vaikunta with dear Krishna.....My dear brothers and Sisters , we all are here to realise some great things from these real incident which occured just 460 years ago............We all should go to Vaikunta..........Do not wait for any more Birth, Devote to dear Krishna, He is all mercyful, He can do any miracles..................Hare krishna Hare Krishna...............With Love and Care ,Binu"Dear Krishna I am waiting for You my dearest one........Come soon "

Here's a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW