IndiaDivine.org

The Greatest Conversation in World History .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna !,

There is no reason for anyone to continue suffering in this material world any longer. Of course, the Vaishnavas are already free from suffering. In this connection it should be clearly understood that as long as we are independent entities in this material world we must be repeatedly subjected to so many varieties of suffering conditions : 1. Sufferings caused by our mind and body .2. Sufferings caused by other living beings .3. Sufferings caused by natural disasters .Non-devotees think that they are the Lords of this material world which is a place of enjoyment . But this is clearly not the case as the God-haters and their associates are the worst sufferers . The Devotees, on the other hand surrender at the lotus feet of Sri Krishna and live as His eternal servants . Their Krishna-controlled life is full of ever-increasing enjoyment due to Bhagavan's causeless mercy .

That spiritual existence can easily be obtained if we take full advantage of the wisdom given by Lord Sri Krishna in the Bhagavad-gita. Unlike the manmade religious books , the wisdom of the Divine book Gita stands supreme. Lord Sri Krishna describes in Chapter 9 : raja-vidya raja-guhyam pavitram idam uttamam pratyaksavagamam dharmyam su-sukham kartum avyayam ("This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed." Bhagavad-gita 9.2 )The greatest conversation in world history is the dialogue spoken between Lord Krishna and Arjuna 5,000 years ago on the battlefield of Kurukshetra . Although Arjuna is an eternal associate of the Supreme Personality of Godhead Lord Sri Krishna, he is here in the role of a conditioned soul so that Lord Krishna can speak the teachings of the Bhagavad-gita for our benefit. Arjuna faces a dilemma. Should he act out of ordinary sentiment or should he act for the pleasure of the Bhagavan ?. For a pious soul ordinary sentiment and the Bhagavan's pleasure are often the same . But sometimes our ordinary sentiments run contrary to the will of the Bhagavan . Such are the times that are a true test of our surrender. Such was the dilemma of Arjuna . He caved in to his ordinary sentiments and could not execute what was desired by the Bhagavan . He gave argument after argument after argument to try to justify his unsurrendered position, but this was not accepted by the Lord . Finally ! he realized that all his attempts to rationalize his refusal to serve the Lord's will were a fruitless waste of time, and he then fully submitted himself unto Lord Krishna for instruction . This is what each of us has to do. Each of us has to overcome the tendency to think that we know everything and humbly submit ourselves unto Bhagavan Sri Krishna , so that we can gain the necessary knowledge of how to successfully attain His grace .

Question and Answer:

Question

What Happens in the Next Life?.. I wanted to clarify something. I know that once we die, we either go to Lord Krishna (if we have done good deeds this life) or take another life. If a person takes another life, does he/she remain a Hindu or take birth into another religion (like Christianity, etc.)? Please let me know. Jai Shree Krishna Poojan

Answer

That Depends on Your Consciousness at the Time of Death... One who takes birth again will take birth according to their ultimate consciousness at the time of death . This is confirmed by Lord Krishna in the Bhagavad-gita : yam yam vapi smaran bhavam tyajaty ante kalevaram tam tam evaiti kaunteya sada tad-bhava-bhavitah ( "Whatever state of being one remembers when he quits his body, O son of Kunti, that state he will attain without fail." Bhagavad-gita 8.6 )The living being may take birth as a human, an animal, a plant, or if he is extremely sinful even as a bacteria. If he takes birth as human being it can be in any country or in any religion according the mental state he had when he left his previous body. But please try to understand in this connection that the concept of different religions is a manmade conception. On the spiritual platform religion is one, to love God . Simply doing good deeds is not sufficient for elevation to the kingdom of God at the time of death. Good deeds will give you a better position in your next life in this world. But, if you want to attain the eternal kingdom of God you must fully surrender yourself at the lotus feet of Bhagavan Sri Krishna , the Supreme Personality of Godhead. You must fully dedicate every thought, word, and deed in the Bhagavan's service .

Bhagavan Sri Krishna says in Gita 7.28-30 :

" Those Persons who have acted piously in previous lives and in this life and whose sinful actions are completely eradicated are freed from the dualities of delusion, and they worship Me with determination. My Devotees strive for liberation from old age and death by taking refuge of Me, attain knowledge and an understanding of the principle of karma. They know Me the Supreme Lord, to be the original source of material manifestation , `Devatas' and all sacrifice. And the Devotees can understand and know Me, even at the time of death." Sankarshan Das Adhikari