IndiaDivine.org

All glories to Bhagavan Sri Krishna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dandavats pranam unto the lotus feet of all the vaisnavas, Hare Krishna, Hari Bol, Me silly me, I had not opened this email and was still asking about the meaning of "Srila". Thank you so muche dear Narinder, from the bottom of my heart. What a wonderful explanation. It makes things so clear to me now. I am writing an article on Beautiful Gandhara, and I am trying to get acquainted with Lord Krishna at the same time. My dear Prabhus, oh, do I appreciate your messages, and the voice of the Godhead through all of you! Thank you so much. Hare Krishna, respectfully with the best anjali my hands can make, Moniquenarinder chauhan <narinder83 wrote: Dandavats pranam unto the lotus feet of all the vaisnavas, I am not an active member, but used to check & read every mail & after seeing the mail from monique, I thought to answer about the meaning of Srila Prabhupada means, so here it is:The Meaning of Srila Prabhupada's Name The "A.C." stands for "Abhay Charanaravinda," the name given to him at initiation by his spiritual master. It means "one who is fearless at the lotus feet of Krishna." The title "Bhaktivedanta" was awarded to him later to denote his devotion ("bhakti") and his deep understanding of the conclusion of spiritual knowledge ("vedanta"). He received the title "Swami" (which means "controller of the senses") in 1959 when he accepted the traditional renounced order of sannyasa. Finally, the title "Prabhupada" is a term of high honor that means "one who serves at the feet of God." For brevity, scholars sometimes refer to him as "Bhaktivedanta Swami," and both scholars and devotees refer to him as "Srila Prabhupada," the term "Srila" being an honorific title that means "eminent." Krishnadasa

Prabhu - RIC, please do forgive me as the question was for you & I answered this. Monique Prabhu, the answer given above is taken from www.Krishna.com Aspiring to serve,Narinder SinghNew Delhi, INDIA+91 9868722772 Monique Cardell <monica_romana > To: Subject: Re: Re: All glories to Bhagavan Sri KrishnaWed, 20 Sep 2006 17:33:55 -0700 (PDT) Krishnadasa - Hare Krishna! I have a

few questions too. What does "Srila" mean? And then in Prabhupada, isn't pada the foot? So what does Prabhupada mean? Thank you in advance, Moniquekrishnadasa77 <krishnadasa77 > wrote: Yochanan Prabhu - Hare Krishna!Thank you for your wonderful questions.Prabhu actually means "Master". Srila Prabhupada established this system where-in a devotee calls others as "Prabhu" or "Master" and calls himself as "Dasa" or "Servant".This strongly enforces the concept that we are the servants of the devotees and induces humility in us.Of course, there is only one "Mahaprabhu" or "The Supreme Master" and that is Krishna Himself :-) and Krishna in the form of Shree Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.Hope this helps and Thanks for setting an example of Krishna

consciousness!~Krishnadasa. , "yochanan1983" <yochanan1983 wrote:>> Hare Krishna,> > All glories to Bhagavan Sri Krishna!> Praises be unto His Saints and Acharyas!> Blessed be the Holy Names of the Lord!> > > I have a question. What does "prabhu" mean? Is it the same way other > religious people address each other like, for example, as "Brother?" > Also, I have the Bhagavan Krishna image as a background on my > desktop, so I can perform puja and worship the Lord at my computer > every morning and evening as well. I am starting to incorporate the > Krishna Conscious lifestyle, as set forth by Bhagavan Sri Krishna, as > the Bhagavad-Gita teaches, the 4 regulative principles, and the > chanting of the Holy Names of

the Lord.> > > Krishna is blessing me with abundance and prosperity. My devotion to > Him is growing stronger each day. I believe Krishna is leading me in > the right direction and I know joining this group is the answer to my > cries of distress, confusion, and anxiety. The Lord is wonderful to > His devotees and I am a devotee of His. > > > Everything is getting better and I am beginning to recover from > my "fallen" spiritual, mental, and physical state of being. Hope to > hear more about the glories of Bhagavan Sri Krishna and His pastimes. > Hare Krishna, brothers and sister devotees of Lord Krishna.> > > In His Devotional Service,> > Yochanan> All-new Mail - Fire up

a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.