IndiaDivine.org

Shubh Dussehra/Vijaya Dasmi to all

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jai Sri Raam. Today is Dussehra--the day when the mighty Ravana was annihilated by Bhagwan Sri Raam. As we remember this magnificent feat---let us remember what Ravana represented and why he was destroyed. Ravana was a demon not only because he was born in a demoniac kul but because he was demoniac in his thoughts and actions. Sri Bibhishana Ji was the brother of Ravana--born in the same demoniac kul but unlike Ravana, Sri Bihishana Ji choose to live the life of a Devotee of Bhagwan. This demonstrates that even though one may be born into a bad surrounding with people who behaves like demons--this is no excuse to behave demon-like once we are old enough to think for ourselves. Ravana was arrogant--full of ego. This is the biggest detriment to anyone who truly cares about their own welfare. There is an entire chapter dedicated to the explanation of the demoniac

traits--Daivasura Sampad Vibhaga Yoga--Chapter 16. Sri Bhagwan Uwaach-- The demoniac know not what to do and what to refrain from;neither purity,nor right conduct nor truth is found in them. 7 Filled with with insatiable desires,full of hypocrisy,pride and arrogance,holding evil ideas through delusion,they work with impure resolve. 10 "I am rich and well born.Who else is equal to me? I will sacrifice,I will give alms. I will rejoice." Thus deluded by ignorance; Bewildered by many a fancy,enmeshed in the snare of delusion,addicted to the gratification of lust,they fall into fowl hell. 15--16 Self conceited,stubborn,filled with pride and intoxication of

wealth,they perform sacrifice in name for ostentation,disregarding ordnance.17 Given over to egoism,power, insolence,lust and wrath,these malicious people hate Me in their own bodies and those of others. 18 Triple is this gate of hell, destructive of the self---lust,anger and greed; therefore one should abandon these three. 21 On this Dussehra, strive to destroy those traits that are demoniac. Burn away the Ravana in us and let Sri Raam be Vijaya in our being. Burn away those qualities that are detrimental to our spirituality and be Vijaya. May His Supreme Blessings be with all of us on this Auspicious Occasion of Vijaya Dasmi. Jai Jai Seeta Raam. "Non-cooperation with evil

is a sacred duty." M.K. Gandhi Ji HARI BOL

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal