IndiaDivine.org

Deepavali

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Om Namoh Narayanaya. Jai Sri Krishna/Goberbhan Puja. Hope you had a Happy, Peaceful and Divine Deepavali. Deepavali means lots of cleaning and cooking for the ladies--started cooking from 4.30 am. Was so busy with all our preparations that I couldn't even read/keep up with all the messages for the past week. In Sanatana Dharma, the Patni of the home is considered the Lakshmi of the home. Deepavali is Maha Lakshmi Pujan. We thoroughly clean our homes for Deepavali because we know that Maha Lakshmi will not reside in an unclean place. Maha Lakshmi not only represents Prosperity/Wealth as in Financial gains but Prosperity in all aspects. She is Light--Knowledge--She dispel darkness--ignorance. We light/illuminate our homes to literally remove darkness so that we can see. We need to remove the darkness in our mind and hearts too--beg Her to

remove that darkness so that we can see--realise the truth. There is a saying that there will never be any prosperity in the home where the Lakshmi of that home is illtreated. We have a chance to immediately remedy the situation if it exist. There was a live call in program with a Doctor, who is a Hindu, for Deepavali. One lady called and spoke about her brother in law who beats her sister--she said he chased the wife out of their yard with a cricket bat just the evening before Deepavali---one can imagine the bad karma he is bringing onto himself.Men demanding that the wife cook meat when she is fasting? A child relate how her father illtreated her Mom then he walked out for another lady.Will that other woman bring "light" to his life when his Dharm Patni is shedding tears? In Sanatana Dharma we have many festivals that demonstrate to us how we must live, how we must conduct ourselves but do

we understand the true meanings of these days? We pay attention to the literal meanings--make sure the house have rows upon rows of lights--make sure it brighter than the others even and yet inside that same house, the Lakshmi is shedding tears? She is chased out of that house? It is time for us to seek the Light--beg Maha Lakshmi Mata Ji to illuminate our inner beings. Remove the darkness from our minds and hearts. One can literally recognise an illumined souls--a realised soul/heart. Sometimes you see a person--a total stranger and you are drawn by that person's personality--their happiness of spirit--their"light". Swami Chidananda Ji Maharaj from The Chinmaya Mission visited our Mandir. He was thin and slender, but like he was floating. I felt drawn to him--could just sit and stare at him in wonder. I was young at that time but can never forget that experience. I didn't even hear what he was saying because I was like

in a trance by his aura. This is true Divinity in Human form, I believe. My own Guru Ji is like this. You just want be in his company all the time. On this Deepavali/ Goberdhan Pujan--let us all seek the messages of these Divine days. Not only observe them literally but do so with our entire being. Jai Sri Maha Vishnu.Jai Maha Lakshmi Ma. In His Service, Nandrani "Non-cooperation with evil is a sacred duty." M.K. Gandhi Ji HARI BOL

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...