IndiaDivine.org

Krishna-Bhakti

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ! Dandavat Pranam to Bhagavan Sri Krishna and all Vaishnavas , A Krishna-bhakta is an eternal servant of Bhagavan Sri Krishna . Any thing associated with Bhagavan is sacred to him . Once, the great Vaishnava Sage Sri Ramanujacharya was walking through a street . A few small children were playing there using a stone as a “Deity ” of Krishna and doing “archana” by using mud . They offered that mud ( which used for “archana” ) as “prasadam” to Sri Ramanujacharya . The great Acharya bowed down , accepted that “prasadam” and applied it on his forehead . He explained to his surprised disciples that , although these children appear to be playing , they are doing the worship of Sri Krishna with faith and therefore it is a sacred puja . My village is called Evoor . This is the place where , Bhagavan Sri Krishna in the company of Arjuna had performed the “ Khandava-dahanam “ (burning of Khandava forest) . Upon the successful completion of this task , Agni-deva (Fire-God) was immensely pleased and He installed the Deity of Sri Krishna at the exact spot from where Arjuna fired the arrows to construct “Sarakoodam” (roof of arrows) . ( I myself have seen many “ Charcoal lumps” of burnt trees during the ploughing of the surrounding paddy fields ) . (150) years back there was an accidental fire which destroyed this temple except the “Deity’ . The poor villagers were helpless to do anything further . Very soon , Lord Krishna appeared in a dream to the then king of Travancore Sri Moolam Thirunal Marthanda Varma Maharaja, and asked him to construct a new temple at Evoor . The king

dutifully obeyed this divine instruction and constructed a huge temple complex strictly in accordance with the vedic specifications . This Deity of Sri Krishna is the living God for all of us . If you ask about 'Evoor Bhagavan' to any devotee of that area , he will have at least one mystic experience in own life . ( My one family friend (a Christian) , once fell down from a running train ; but he was miraculously saved by Sri Krishna Himself who appeared at the spot and held him to safety . Now , he is a loyal Krishna-bhakta ) . Sri Krishna’s deity-worship is an integral part of Bhakti-yoga . Vedic rituals are necessary to transfer the aura ("Chaithanyam") of God to energize the “Murty” and to maintain the Deity's Aura . Such routine and unavoidable temple rituals should not be confused with other “vedic

karma-kanda” aspects like the rituals for Forefathers , Demi-gods , etc . Nama-sankeertana (chanting of Krishna’s names) is the recommended method of Bhakti-yoga in this age . In order to concentrate at the lotus feet of Sri Krishna, one needs to have His Deity form . A vedic temple is an abode of Bhagavan Sri Krishna ; and it provides practical Krishna-realisation to the faithful devotees . Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!!! SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev .

Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW

Radhe Krishna!

Thank you so much for the story of the Evoor Krishna Temple. I wish I

get a chance to pay my obeisance to Krishna in that temple.

Thanks again, Rajeev!

Love

KVG

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev wrote:

Hare Krishna ! Dandavat

Pranam to Bhagavan Sri Krishna and all Vaishnavas ,

A Krishna-bhakta is an

eternal servant of Bhagavan Sri Krishna . Any thing

associated with Bhagavan is sacred to him .

Once, the

great Vaishnava Sage Sri Ramanujacharya was walking through a street . A few small children were

playing there using a stone as a “Deity ” of Krishna and doing “archana” by using mud .

They offered that mud ( which used for “archana” ) as “prasadam” to Sri Ramanujacharya . The great

Acharya bowed down , accepted that “prasadam” and

applied it on his forehead . He explained to his

surprised disciples that , although these children appear to be playing , they are doing the worship

of Sri Krishna with faith and therefore it is a sacred puja .

My village

is called Evoor . This is the

place where , Bhagavan Sri Krishna in the company of Arjuna had

performed the “ Khandava-dahanam “ (burning of Khandava forest) . Upon the successful completion

of this task , Agni-deva (Fire-God) was immensely pleased and He

installed the Deity of Sri Krishna at the exact

spot from where Arjuna fired the arrows to construct “Sarakoodam” (roof

of arrows) .

( I myself have seen many

“ Charcoal lumps” of burnt trees during the ploughing of the

surrounding paddy fields ) .

(150) years back there

was an accidental fire which destroyed this temple

except the “Deity’ . The poor villagers were helpless

to do anything further .

Very soon , Lord Krishna

appeared in a dream to the then king

of Travancore Sri Moolam Thirunal Marthanda

Varma Maharaja, and asked him to construct a new temple at Evoor . The king dutifully obeyed this

divine instruction and constructed a huge temple complex strictly in accordance with the

vedic specifications . This Deity of Sri Krishna is

the living God for all of us . If you ask about 'Evoor

Bhagavan' to any devotee of that area , he

will have at least one mystic experience in own

life . ( My one family friend (a Christian) , once

fell down from a running train ; but he was

miraculously saved by Sri Krishna Himself who

appeared at the spot and held him to safety . Now ,

he is a loyal Krishna-bhakta ) .

Sri Krishna’s

deity-worship is an integral part of Bhakti-yoga . Vedic

rituals are necessary to transfer the aura ("Chaithanyam") of God to energize

the “Murty” and to maintain the Deity's

Aura . Such routine and unavoidable temple rituals

should not be confused with other “vedic karma-kanda” aspects like the

rituals for Forefathers , Demi-gods , etc .

Nama-sankeertana

(chanting of Krishna’s names) is the

recommended method of Bhakti-yoga in this age . In

order to concentrate at the lotus feet of Sri

Krishna, one needs to

have His Deity form . A vedic

temple is an abode of Bhagavan Sri Krishna ; and it

provides practical Krishna-realisation to the faithful devotees .

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!!!

SriKrishnaDasa

Rajeev .

Find out what India is talking about on -

Answers India

Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get

it NOW