IndiaDivine.org

The Secret of Happiness .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna! (Written by : His Grace Sankarshan Das Adhikari ) Nowadays many people consider the amazing descriptions of higher reality mentioned in the Vedas to be mere mythology . Such poor souls cannot even seriously consider that

the facts revealed in the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad Bhagavatam could be real. They laugh at what they consider the foolishness of Lord Krishna's devotees. But everything will be proved very soon . It is said that he who laughs last laughs best. So the Lord's devotees could certainly have the last laugh on all those who laughed at them for their devotion to Krishna . But the Krishna-devotees do not laugh at the

suffering of others. Their hearts melt with compassion to see the suffering of those who are entangled in the clutches of illusion (maya) . They dedicate themselves to rescuing those who are lost in the ocean of illusory consciousness. Therefore they are the greatest well-wishers of the human society. We are all the eternal emanations of the Lord. Krishna confirms this in chapter 10 of the Bhagavad-gita in which He states: "I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. " Bhagavad-gita 10.8 So it is very clear that we are dependent upon the Supreme Lord for our existence . We are clearly not self-manifested. We are God-manifested. So we can understand that God created us by manifesting us from Himself in way similar to the way that the sun emanates sunshine. And He is presently emanating us from Himself . Were He not doing so, we would not exist . We know that He will eternally emanate us from Himself because He promises us in the Bhagavad-gita that we will always exist along with Him for all of eternity . The other day someone asked me if Lord Krishna could choose not to manifest us and thus zap us out of existence . Of course, the fact is that Krishna the Supreme God can do anything He chooses. But this does not mean that He will do this. Just as an ordinary parent of this world would never think of killing his children, the Lord, Who is unlimitedly more merciful than any being of this world, would never consider the annihilation of His beloved spiritual children . Indeed He is eternally emanating us from Himself simply for the purpose of having loving relationships with us . So what should this mean to us? This means that we exist for one purpose and for one purpose only, to love Lord Krishna . So do you think you can be happy if you don't love Krishna ? Can a fish be happy if it is out the water? No way ! It is simply a matter of sanity . We have to learn how to love Lord Krishna perfectly and completely. This and this only will fulfill the purpose of our existence. Questions and Answers: Question -1 How to Keep Oneself Busy?... I want to ask that how one should keep busy? I am really fed up with my life. I don't know why I don't want to live anymore. So please help me. Tell how I should start my new life and how I should keep myself busy. Richa Khurana Answer Chant the Divine names of Lord Krishna and live as His Instrument To reach the point of material exhaustion like you have is the most wonderful opportunity. Now you can

dedicate your life fully to Lord Sri Krishna and taste unlimited bliss at every minute. Begin your new life by completely surrendering unto Lord Krishna . And chant these names as many times as possible : Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare When you get tired of chanting you can read Bhagavad-gita and Bhagavatam . By doing so , you will become an instrument of Lord Krishna just like a pen in the hands of a writer . You will be pleasantly surprised by your achievements . ----------------------- Question -2 Do the Plants feel pain ? If plants have souls and life just like humans and animals, are we not inflicting severe pain and suffering by cutting the crops and eating the grains

and leaves? Please throw some light at your convenience. Hare Krishna Your student Answer Yes , but Krishna has

suggested a solution …..It's a fact that plants have souls like humans and animals. Thus they also feel pain though to a much lesser extent . But we have to survive on something. This is why Krishna prescribes in the Bhagavad-gita that we should subsist on fruits, grains, dairy products, and vegetables only after first offering them to Him . By offering them first to the Lord before eating, we are freed from all sin and the soul in the body of the vegetable is especially fortunate

that his body was offered to the Lord. We cannot on the same principle offer meat because Krishna prescribes that we can only take vegetarian foodstuffs. Sankarshan Das Adhikari .

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited Try it today.