IndiaDivine.org

Re : Bhagavan Sri Krishna and Lord Shiva .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna! Dear Tuhin Prabhu Ji , Since I have a personal experience in this regard , I wish to clarify as follows : In Bhagavan Sri Krishna’s Guruvayoor temple , “Krishnanattam” ( a dance-drama) is a sacred offering to the Lord . Offering of the play “Banayudh” is very sacred because both Bhagavan Krishna and Lord Shiva like it very much . If a person offers this play , he will be blessed by both the Lords . I had a big personal problem and by offering this play , it was mystically resolved . The witnessing of this play remains as one of the greatest “Spiritual experiences” in my life . I could virtually feel the presence of both Bhagavan Krishna and Lord Shiva on the stage . Shiva is a specific ( sattva+Tamo Gunas) manifestation of Bhagavan Sri Krishna . According to the

scriptural book “Narayaneeyam” ( which was approved by Krishna Himself) , Lord Shiva automatically blesses those devotees who worship His original form ‘Sri Krishna’ . So, the question of conflict or disrespect doesn’t arise at all . If a person has elements of “Tamo guna” in him , he can worship Lord Shiva . In due course he will become more sattvic ; and then he will be able to worship Bhagavan Sri Krishna . This is the true concept . Sri Krishna is the personification of “Sattva-guna” . Everything about Him is 100% auspicious . We can’t say that , a particular pastime of Him like fighting a war is inauspicious . The ancient nation Bhaarat is such a pitiable state at present only due to it’s sinful failure to follow the teachings of Bhagavan Sri Krishna . I hope the above explanation is useful to you. Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !!!! Your eternal servant , SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev ---------- "Tuhin Banerjee" <tuhin_aries wrote.... Subject:-Re: The Battle between Lord krishna and Lord Siva Hare Krishna Sanjeev Prabhu, For Krishna's sake do not bring fights and weapons in the pursuit for service of Hari. My humble request to you prabhu, please desist from humiliating Lord Shiva. He is the highest Vaishnav and we will commit Vaishav Aparadh. What can we know about the battle

between Lord Hari and his most dearest devotee when we are sitting in Bhuloka which is even lower than the Bhuvarloka, the planet of Ghost and Goblins and we are more closer to Patal loka. Talking of Lord Shiva or any other demigods are not in our best interest as we are the greatest sinners thats the reason we are in Bhu loka. Please desist from using war, fights and who killed whom, instead (please do forgive me as I am just trying to be a Krishna Devotee) please sing the praise of Lord Hari which Lord Shiva always does. He is the highest Vaishnava. Bringing stories into the forum which instigates negative senses to work overtime won't be beneficial

for improving our Krishna Consciousness. Krishna Consciousness is the conscience that always wants peace and bliss. In this yuga according to Narottama Dasa Thakura, lets be the servant of the servant of Lord Krishna and lets show humility and compassion to fellow human beings and desist from talking war. Do pardon and forgive me if I have crossed my limits. Lets love krishna by serving him and his very dear devotees. In the service of Guru and Lord Hari Your Humble Servant Tuhin Banerjee --sanjeev <punjsanjeev wrote:When Aniruddha (son of Samba,grandson of Lord Krishna) did not return from Sonitapura, His family and friends passed the four months of the rainy season in extreme distress. When they finally heard from Narada Muni how Aniruddha had been captured, a large army of the best Yadava warriors, under Krishna's protection, set off for Banasura's capital and laid siege to it. Banasura fiercely opposed them with his own army of equal size. To help Banasura, Lord Siva, accompanied by Kartikeya and a horde of mystic sages, took up arms against Balarama and Krishna. Bana began fighting against Satyaki, and Bana's son fought against Samba. All the demigods assembled in the sky to witness the battle. With His arrows Lord Krishna harassed the followers

of Lord Siva, and by putting Lord Siva into a state of confusion He was able to destroy Banasura's army. Kartikeya was so strongly beaten by Pradyumna that he fled the battlefield, while the remnants of Banasura's army, harried by the blows of Lord Balarama's club, scattered in all directions.Enraged to see his army's destruction, Banasura rushed Krishna to attack Him. But the Lord immediately killed Bana's chariot driver and broke his chariot and bow, and then He sounded His Pancajanya conchshell. Next Banasura's mother, trying to save her son,

appeared naked in front of Lord Krishna, who turned away His face to avoid looking at her. Seeing his chance, Bana fled into his city.After Lord Krishna had thoroughly defeated the ghosts and hobgoblins fighting under Lord Siva, the Siva-jvara weapon -- a personification of fever with three heads and three legs -- approached Lord Krishna to fight Him. Seeing the Siva-jvara, Krishna released His Vishnu-jvara. The Siva-jvara was overwhelmed by the Vishnu-jvara; having nowhere else to turn for shelter, the Siva-jvara began to address Lord Krishna,

glorifying Him and asking for mercy. Lord Krishna was pleased with the Siva-jvara, and after the Lord had promised him freedom from fear, the Siva-jvara bowed down to Him and departed.Next Banasura returned and attacked Lord Sri Krishna again, wielding all kinds of weapons in his thousand hands. But Lord Krishna took His Sudarsana disc and began cutting off all the demon's arms Lord Siva approached Krishna to pray for Banasura's life, and when the Lord agreed to spare him, He spoke as follows to Siva: "Banasura does not deserve to die, since he was

born in the family of Prahlada Maharaja. I have severed all but four of Bana's arms just to destroy his false pride, and I have annihilated his army because they were a burden to the earth. Henceforward he will be free from old age and death, and remaining fearless in all circumstances, he will be one of your principal attendants."Assured he had nothing to fear, Banasura then offered his obeisances to Lord Krishna and had Usha and Aniruddha seated on their wedding chariot and brought before the Lord. Krishna then set off for Dvaraka with

Aniruddha and His bride leading the procession. When the newlyweds arrived at the Lord's capital, they were honored by the citizens, the Lord's relatives and the brahmanas.Those who hear of this transcendental fight between Lord Krishna and Lord Siva, they become fearless

Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW

Dear Lalitha mathaji,

Hare Krishna. Please accept my humble dandavats.

I do not think you have interpreted the verse

correctly.

" VaishnavAnAm yathA Shambhu " does NOT mean that Vishnu

and Krishna are the same. It actually means that

Shambhu or Lord Shankar is the greatest Vaisnava.

Haribol!

Your servant in Krihsna Consciousness,

Braja Hari das

--- lalitha venkat <drlalithavenkat2002

wrote:

> My humble pranams to all devotees. dear Binu as you

> have said siva & Visnu are not different. there is a

> sloka in the Bhagavatam 12th Skanda & in its 12th

> Adhyayawhich runs like this ( NIMNAGANAM YATHA GANGA

> ,DEVANAM ACHUTO YATHA' VAISHNAVANAM YATHA SAMBHUH,

> PURANANAM EDAM TATHA)

> This verse means that just like Ganga is holiest

> of

> the rivers,for purifying the the people who have a

> dip

> in it, just like the deity Achuta who is the

> formost

> among devas, AMONG vaishnavs sambhu is the greatest

> one & among Puranas Bhagavata purana is the

> greatest.

> . So we have reference in the Bhagavatha itself that

> Lord Hari & Lord Siva are non different.

> Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

______________________________\

____

Want to start your own business?

Learn how on Small Business.

http://smallbusiness./r-index