IndiaDivine.org

Let us not be Judges

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear and respected devotees,

The Supreme Lord Sri KRISHNA is the eternal witness and final judge of all activities and we have simply got to accept HIM in our HEART and after that everything becomes smooth and perfect, because Krishna's effulgence begins to shine through the heart where the Holy name is being repeated constantly. Once this light begins to shine, this pure effulgence cleans our heart of all its ignorance. It makes us pure in thoughts, because thoughts are regulated by the heart.Such a person becomes enlightened, and by gradual practice becomes established in Brahman. However, the constitutional position of such a person remains the same, each of us have always got to serve Krishna. Such a person may be elevated even to the highest planets and lokas, but service to Krishna is the rarest of rare chances, and if someone gets an opportunity to serve Krishna, one must take up such a chance very enthusiastically. When I joined this group, I was a member, I am still a member, but Rajeev Prabhuji requested me to moderate the group, so I agreed. I will never bow down from my duties, which are assigned by Krishna indirectly through His devotees, and so I shall continue to strive, in order to maintain this group to the best of my capability.We have many debates, it is good to have debates, but when we enter into personal attacks, it becomes a matter of concern. Fault finding is a real bad habit, Lord Krishna warned everyone of this bad habit, in the following slokas of Chapter 16:-

abhayam sattva-samsuddhir jnana-yoga-vyavasthitih danam damas ca yajnas ca svadhyayas tapa arjavam

ahimsa satyam akrodhas tyagah santir apaisunam daya bhutesv aloluptvam mardavam hrir acapalam

tejah ksama dhrtih saucam adroho nati-manita bhavanti sampadam daivim abhijatasya bharata

TRANSLATION (Text 1 to 3, Chapter 16)

The Blessed Lord said: Fearlessness, purification of one's existence, cultivation of spiritual knowledge, charity, self-control, performance of sacrifice, study of the Vedas, austerity and simplicity; nonviolence, truthfulness, freedom from anger; renunciation, tranquility, aversion to faultfinding, compassion and freedom from covetousness; gentleness, modesty and steady determination; vigor, forgiveness, fortitude, cleanliness, freedom from envy and the passion for honor--these transcendental qualities, O son of Bharata, belong to godly men endowed with divine nature.

( the above is quoted from the website www.asitis.com )

"Apaisunam means that one should not find fault with others or correct them unnecessarily. Of course to call a thief a thief is not faultfinding, but to call an honest person a thief is very much offensive for one who is making advancement in spiritual life."(quoted from Srila prabhupada's commentary in www.asitis.com)

None of us are perfect beings, or we would not be here on earth! We have to become perfect by always trying to learn from our mistakes, always have a humble attitude of a student, always respect the opinion of others, even if it may differ from our own. This world offers so much variation, this variation was created so that we could co-exist peacefully. Let us try to co-exist peacefully then, why argue like the frog in a well? To allow each member his or her opinion is one of the best policies of this group, which I am trying my best to maintain, without offending anyone. Sometimes I have to delete some messages, which have the potential power to disintegrate this group. This group is neither mine nor anyone else's but for all of us, provided by the mercy of Krishna, through the good offices of Rajeev Prabhuji, let us keep this Tulsi plant healthy. If someone gets offended for some reason or the other, I beg my humble pardon. I am very thankful to Binu Prabhuji for having so nicely cleared up this argument we have been having for such a long time now. It brought tears to my eyes and cleansed my heart. I bow down to you all with respect, may you all enjoy the bliss of service to Krishna through out your lives.Hare Krishna! All Glories to devotees of Lord Sri krishna, All Glories to the great true Vaishnavas. All Glories to Srila Prabhupada! Jai Jai Sri Sri Radhe Shyam!

In Text 20, Chapter 10, KRISHNA says

aham atma gudakesa sarva-bhutasaya-sthitah aham adis ca madhyam ca bhutanam anta eva ca

TRANSLATION I am the Self, O Gudakesa, seated in the hearts of all creatures. I am the beginning, the middle and the end of all beings.