IndiaDivine.org

Sri Krishna Saved my Grandma from Cancer ....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ! Dandavat Pranams to Bhagavan Sri Krishna and all Vaishnavas ,

My Grandma became a widow at the age of (31). She was left with (7) small children ; and the only means of survival was the agricultural income from the highly unpredictable, "seasonal deep-water paddy fields" .

Mere survival needed intense struggle . Her only escape-rout was , refuge in Sri Krishna and His Bhagavatam . "Nama-sankeertanam" and "Bhagavata-parayanam" became an integral part of her day-to-day life . Thanks to it's grace , all her children became self reliable .

Afterwards , she was living alone in the old house . She was very fond of narrating , Bhagavatam-stories to those interested . Grandchildren like me learned Krishna-Bhakti from her .

The Cancer

It happened about (25) years back . One day, while bathing , Grandma noticed a small " painless Lump " beneath the armpit . Although she was relatively illiterate , some inauspicious "omens" persuaded her to seek medical help. And she informed my Father .

She was taken to the nearby Physician . He suggested a Biopsy which was done soon . In that , Breast cancer was confirmed . The entire family was shell-shocked . At that time, effective medical facilities were not easily available for Cancer ; and our weak financial condition could not afford much .

Grandma though upset , kept firm faith in Bhagavan Krishna . She told everyone that Bhagavan will find a way out .

Collecting the available funds , my Father took her to Trivandrum , the far-away capital city . Thanks to Krishna's grace , he happened to meet there a distant Uncle who was a retired Professor of Surgery . The Chief of Cancer hospital was his ex-student . So , the check-ups were done fast . It was decided that , a Surgery is to be done immediately . The Govt. hospital was not good enough , but our funds were insufficient for the expensive private treatment outside .

The Treatment

Our old Uncle promised to do the surgery himself , if we could find an operation theatre somewhere . Ramakrishna Matha's hospital agreed to provide their facility . The Matha's senior Doctor was Uncle's ex-student and this helped .

Our uncle was a fragile 74 year old who used to totter while walking . But, his hands were steady even at that age . He arrived at 4.30 AM to do the Surgery . It lasted about (4 ) hours .

After completing the Surgery, Uncle said " I have removed all the roots . Nothing to worry more " .

Later, the duty Doctor who witnessed Surgery said to us " That single "Lump" was on the surface and it's roots very near to it . So, we all were greatly surprised when the Professor opened up the entire breast . But he was right as many more roots were hiding in the deep !! . It was a real miracle !! " .

While seeing the reports , the chief of Cancer centre too lauded his old Professor's skills and said that the best Surgery was done .

Afterwards , radiation-treatment was carried out for about (3) weeks . And then, Grandma returned home, as perfectly cured .

The turn of events is a testimony for the effectiveness of Krishna-Bhakti and Bhagavatam .

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!!!

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev.