IndiaDivine.org

Sri Krishna Saved a Devotee from Snake ... ( Krishna - Lila)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ! Dandavat Pranams to Bhagavan Sri Krishna and all Vaishnavas ,

One hour back at my work place, I was talking with my colleague Sri. Rakesh . He was informing me about his promotion . He has been working with us for sometime and has now been surprisingly promoted . He is a Krishna-bhakta . While discussing about the mercy of Bhagavan Krishna, Rakesh, with tearful eyes narrated one memorable experience of his father Sri. Madhavan .

This event happened (6) years back . Sri .Madhavan was working in V.S.S.C ( Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre ) in Trivandrum . He was staying with family in Company's apartment complex .

Sri .Madhavan is an ardent devotee of Sri Krishna . He has a `Deity' of Sri Krishna at home . Every morning he gets up at 4.AM . What he does first is to pluck fresh flowers from the compound walls . With that flowers , he will make a garland . After bathing, he will adorn that garland on the Krishna-Deity and offer worship . This is his daily routine .

That day , Sri .Madhavan woke up as usual at 4 AM . It was winter and very cold . Still, he proceeded as usual to pluck the flowers . He went near the compound wall and extended his right arm to reach the flowers . Suddenly, someone caught hold of his shirt and pulled him back from behind . He looked back to find who it is , but couldn't see any one . Again, he tried to reach the flowers . This time he was dragged back more forcefully . Stunned by this , he looked around , but couldn't see anyone nearby . The he casually looked at the wall ; and he was shocked by the sight . There was a venomous Snake on the wall ; and it was poised to kill him ! .

Whose invisible hand dragged him back twice ? . Sri .Madhavan is absolutely convinced that , it is none other than his Ishta Devata Sri Krishna .

Sri Krishna says in Gita Chapter 9 , Sloka 22 ananyas cintayanto mam / ye janah paryupasatetesam nityabhiyuktanam / yoga-ksemam vahamy ham(However, for those who are always absorbed in thoughts of Me, and who worship Me with one-pointed devotion by every means, I Myself attend to their needs (i.e., achieve what they lack and preserve what they have) .

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!!!

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev .

Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krishna! All glories to Srila Bhaktivinoda, Srila Prabhupada, my most beloved Srila Gaurangapada and all Vaisnavas. Please accept my humble obeisances and blessings. I pray that this meets you well and in the service/mercy of Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga.

My Dearest Sri Krishna das Rajeev Prabhuji;

Thank you for this wonderful story. I have also a story I would like to share of the snake.

When I was a young devotee, I was at my home. I went to pick flowers for Sri Krishna's offering. We have a flower which is known to my own people which is very fragrant, known as the Appappi flower. It is a small wild orchid which uniquly smells of honey and vanilla, which my people have offered to the "Creator" for 1000's of years. Now the flower is very rare because of development and loss of habitate, so I wondered in my heart if Sri Krishna would accept a very special flower from my people.

I was ready to pick the flower when I heard a rattleing sound. To people from my area of the United States, this is the death sound. It is made by a very large poisonous snake known as the rattle snake. I looked for the snake and found him coiled ready to strike only a couple of feet from the flower. My hand was extended, easily within striking of the very large three meter snake.

I knew that any movement would make him strike. I didn't know what to do, I was filled with so much fear. I remembered my Gurudev telling me that Sri Krishna always protects His devotees, so I simply chanted the Holy Names. As I chanted, with my hand extended, the snake remarkably put his head down, and began to move side to side, which rattlesnakes do not do. It was as if he were dancing to the Holy Names. I calmly asked him, "Brother, may I please have the Appappi flower for my Beloved, Sri Krishna?", and continued to chant.

At my question, Brother Snake looked at me straight in the eye, and his rattle stopped. I calmly picked the flower and slowly moved away, not being bitten by the snake! I thanked the snake for not bitting me, and explained to him that I only desired to offer Sri Krishna the flower of my people because I hoped that He would find pleasure in it. Then the snake slowly returned to the woodland where he lived.

When I offered the Appappi flower to Sri Krishna, I asked Him to please enjoy the flower, but was sorry that there were not many left to offer to Him because of their rarity. Several years later I returned to my home...where I picked the rare Appappi flower, now the field is covered with them. This is the special mercy of Sri Krishna to my people, because this flower is sacred. Once again the flowers can be offered daily to the Creator, my Beloved Sri Krishna.

Your eternal servant;Nitaipada Maharaja

srikrishnadasa_rajeev <srikrishnadasa_rajeev Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 11:43:33 PM Sri Krishna Saved a Devotee from Snake ... ( Krishna - Lila)

Hare Krishna ! Dandavat Pranams to Bhagavan Sri Krishna and all Vaishnavas ,

One hour back at my work place, I was talking with my colleague Sri. Rakesh . He was informing me about his promotion . He has been working with us for sometime and has now been surprisingly promoted . He is a Krishna-bhakta . While discussing about the mercy of Bhagavan Krishna, Rakesh, with tearful eyes narrated one memorable experience of his father Sri. Madhavan .

This event happened (6) years back . Sri .Madhavan was working in V.S.S.C ( Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre ) in Trivandrum . He was staying with family in Company's apartment complex .

Sri .Madhavan is an ardent devotee of Sri Krishna . He has a `Deity' of Sri Krishna at home . Every morning he gets up at 4.AM . What he does first is to pluck fresh flowers from the compound walls . With that flowers , he will make a garland . After bathing, he will adorn that garland on the Krishna-Deity and offer worship . This is his daily routine .

That day , Sri .Madhavan woke up as usual at 4 AM . It was winter and very cold . Still, he proceeded as usual to pluck the flowers . He went near the compound wall and extended his right arm to reach the flowers . Suddenly, someone caught hold of his shirt and pulled him back from behind . He looked back to find who it is , but couldn't see any one . Again, he tried to reach the flowers . This time he was dragged back more forcefully . Stunned by this , he looked around , but couldn't see anyone nearby . The he casually looked at the wall ; and he was shocked

by the sight . There was a venomous Snake on the wall ; and it was poised to kill him ! .

Whose invisible hand dragged him back twice ? . Sri .Madhavan is absolutely convinced that , it is none other than his Ishta Devata Sri Krishna .

Sri Krishna says in Gita Chapter 9 , Sloka 22 ananyas cintayanto mam / ye janah paryupasatetesam nityabhiyuktanam / yoga-ksemam vahamy ham(However, for those who are always absorbed in thoughts of Me, and who worship Me with one-pointed devotion by every means, I Myself attend to their needs (i.e., achieve what they lack and preserve what they have) .

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!!!

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev .