IndiaDivine.org

Vilwamangalam Swami's Stomach-ache and Sri Krishna ... ( A true Event ) .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ! Dandavat Pranams to Bhagavan Sri Krishna and all Vaishnavas ,

Vilwamangalam Swami ( Bilwamangalam Takura) was an ardent devotee of Sri Krishna . Bhagavan mercifully blessed with a boon to appear in front of him whenever he did puja .

Once , a minor stomach-ache started troubling Vilwamangalam . He ate some medicine , but the pain continued . Though , it was bearable , he decided to seek the help of Sri Krishna . During the next puja , when Bhagavan appeared , Vilwamangalam said :

" O Bhagavan , a stomach-ache is troubling me . Please remove it . "

Bhagavan just smiled and didn't say anything .

Next day too , Vilwamangalam repeated the above request . but the response was the same smile .

So, Vilwamangalam sought the help of a mystic Ayurveda Physician , Brahmasri Moose . Invoking "Dhanwantara-Murty" ( Devata of Ayurveda) , the Physician prepared a divine medicine and gave it to Vilwamangalam . After eating that medicine, the stomach ache disappeared .

During the next puja , Vilwamangalam conveyed this happy news to Sri Krishna . However, Bhagavan appeared to be not pleased ; and He said :

" I thought it to end with this life . But you have made it for (3) more . "

Vilwamangalam was puzzled . He asked :

" I didn't understand what you said , Bhagavan " .

Sri Krishna explained :

" I was trying to give you `Mukti' ( liberation) in this lifetime itself . For this , all your `bad karma' of the past was minimized as a token pay-off by that minor pain . That is why I didn't touch it when you asked . By taking this unwise short-cut , you attained (3) more births to clear the `karmic reactions of past lives ".

Vilwamangalam was terribly upset after hearing this . Tears filled his eyes . Seeing his sorrow , Bhaktapriya consoled him with great compassion :

" O My `Bhakta' , don't grieve ! Even a little Bhakti to Me never goes in vain . You will continue to be My very dear `Bhakta' in your next (3) births too . After serving Me like that , you will attain My eternal abode . So be happy . "

Vilwamangalam prostrated at the lotus feet of Bhagavan Sri Krishna, thanking His mercy .

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya!!!

SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev .