IndiaDivine.org

how do I start a Krishna Bhagavan study group in my local area?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna! I have had thoughts about this also. I live some miles from one Hare Krsna Temple we have here in New Orleans, but it is not always easy to stop by there. My idea is to set aside a room in your house were you can invite people over for Hare Krsna refreshments. Then, if you have trouble staring Hare Krsna discussion with them when they come over then try setting up a TV and play something that will direct them to Hare Krsna. So many Christians have misinterpreted the teachings of Christ. Try to avoid all argument. These are faith arguments. Try handling faith arguments over the internet where we cannot shout at each other. If they are openly offensive to Krsna then I guess we need to avoid them until something can be

worked out. Ok, Hope that helps some. ys C dasa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> how do I start a "Krishna Bhagavan" study group in my local area? Posted by: "yochanan1983" yochanan1983 yochanan1983 Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:28 am (PST) Hare Krishna!I have a question to ask. How do I start an actual "Krishna Bhagavan" meet-up prayer and study group in my local area? Really would desire to serve my peers and share the nectar of Traditional Krishna Conscious spirituality with my peers as well. I do really feel that Krishna will heal and help my peers in my local area. Sharing the Nectarian Bliss of Krishna Consciousness with others. When I mention Krishna Consciousness, people automatically equate it with ISKCON all the time, and in which these folks fail to see that ISKCON is reform movement in Krishna Consciousness. This Spirituality existed long before ISKCON was founded and established. People have remarked that I am in a cult, because I am Krishna

Conscious, or that I worship demonic entity. Of course, these folks are the overly preachy-churchy type of folks and I have mercy and forgiveness toward such people, because they don't know and aren't aware of what they do. Well, back to my question: Has anyone in the group started any Krishna Conscious meet-up prayer groups in their local areas, who don't live near a temple or near devotees? This is the situation I currently face as a new devotee. Then the thought came to me: "Why don't I start a Krishna Conscious Prayer Group Meet-up in my local area? I am sure there would be a few people, even a small handful, who would be interested in praying to Lord Krishna (and Lord Jesus, because all my friends are Christians, and due to the fact that Jesus is a universal spiritual master and one of the most greatest devotees of all time) and meditating on the Holy Names of God.Well, thank you for allowing

me to post this message. Keep Krishna-Bhakti alive and may the past-times of Vrindivana be ever fresh in our inner supersoul, of which we are part and parcel of Lord Krishna. Keep the Maha-mantra and Krishna-bhakti a battle-cry to the ills of society: "Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare."Sincerely in Krishna Mercy,Yochanan-dasa :) DHARMA http://japa-mala.org 504-473-8257 24/7 Cell w/voicemail I want to explain Karma, Dharma, and Yoga. Call or write for

guidance and encouragement.http://www.geocities.com/suci123/dharma/cdasa/

, " yochanan1983 "

<yochanan1983 wrote:

>

> Hare Krishna!

>

>

> I have a question to ask. How do I start an actual " Krishna

Bhagavan "

> meet-up prayer and study group in my local area? Really would

desire

> to serve my peers and share the nectar of Traditional Krishna

> Conscious spirituality with my peers as well. I do really feel that

> Krishna will heal and help my peers in my local area.

>

>

> Sharing the Nectarian Bliss of Krishna Consciousness with others.

> When I mention Krishna Consciousness, people automatically equate

it

> with ISKCON all the time, and in which these folks fail to see that

> ISKCON is reform movement in Krishna Consciousness. This

Spirituality

> existed long before ISKCON was founded and established. People have

> remarked that I am in a cult, because I am Krishna Conscious, or

that

> I worship demonic entity.

>

>

> Of course, these folks are the overly preachy-churchy type of folks

> and I have mercy and forgiveness toward such people, because they

> don't know and aren't aware of what they do. Well, back to my

> question: Has anyone in the group started any Krishna Conscious

meet-

> up prayer groups in their local areas, who don't live near a temple

> or near devotees? This is the situation I currently face as a new

> devotee. Then the thought came to me:

>

>

> " Why don't I start a Krishna Conscious Prayer Group Meet-up in my

> local area? I am sure there would be a few people, even a small

> handful, who would be interested in praying to Lord Krishna (and

Lord

> Jesus, because all my friends are Christians, and due to the fact

> that Jesus is a universal spiritual master and one of the most

> greatest devotees of all time) and meditating on the Holy Names of

> God.

>

>

> Well, thank you for allowing me to post this message. Keep Krishna-

> Bhakti alive and may the past-times of Vrindivana be ever fresh in

> our inner supersoul, of which we are part and parcel of Lord

Krishna.

> Keep the Maha-mantra and Krishna-bhakti a battle-cry to the ills of

> society: " Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare

Hare/Hare

> Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. "

>

>

> Sincerely in Krishna Mercy,

>

> Yochanan-dasa :)

>HI,

start like this!

begin a study circle ,

invite people of similar wave length.

create 10 topics on krishna without mentioning name of any

GOD/RELIGION?!

circulate a copy to all to come prepared for discussion!

may be like..

1. the art of man making,

2. eternal love...

and so on...

you start /initiate discussion ..express your views ..

see how it goes.

do not reveal its concerned with krishna but a message.

give me a feed back.

GPS

Hare Krishna, Thank you for the information. This might attract more people to my "Friends of Krishna and Jesus" study circle and prayer group. I have been brainstorming some topics the past several days. Also, I will let the group know how things work out with my meet-up group I will be hosting. Thank you for helping me, and I am grateful to Lord Krishna and Lord Jesus, for putting this inspiration to start a group based on Krishna-Christ Consciousness for my friends and family.

In Krishna and Jesus' Footsteps of Bhakti,,

Yochanan-dasa

gsarathy32 <gsarathy32 wrote: , "yochanan1983" <yochanan1983 wrote:>> Hare Krishna!> > > I have a question to ask. How do I start an actual "Krishna Bhagavan" > meet-up prayer and study group in my local area? Really would desire > to serve my peers and share the nectar of Traditional Krishna > Conscious spirituality with my peers as

well. I do really feel that > Krishna will heal and help my peers in my local area. > > > Sharing the Nectarian Bliss of Krishna Consciousness with others. > When I mention Krishna Consciousness, people automatically equate it > with ISKCON all the time, and in which these folks fail to see that > ISKCON is reform movement in Krishna Consciousness. This Spirituality > existed long before ISKCON was founded and established. People have > remarked that I am in a cult, because I am Krishna Conscious, or that > I worship demonic entity. > > > Of course, these folks are the overly preachy-churchy type of folks > and I have mercy and forgiveness toward such people, because they > don't know and aren't aware of what they do. Well, back to my > question: Has anyone in the group started any Krishna Conscious meet-> up prayer groups in their local

areas, who don't live near a temple > or near devotees? This is the situation I currently face as a new > devotee. Then the thought came to me: > > > "Why don't I start a Krishna Conscious Prayer Group Meet-up in my > local area? I am sure there would be a few people, even a small > handful, who would be interested in praying to Lord Krishna (and Lord > Jesus, because all my friends are Christians, and due to the fact > that Jesus is a universal spiritual master and one of the most > greatest devotees of all time) and meditating on the Holy Names of > God.> > > Well, thank you for allowing me to post this message. Keep Krishna-> Bhakti alive and may the past-times of Vrindivana be ever fresh in > our inner supersoul, of which we are part and parcel of Lord Krishna. > Keep the Maha-mantra and Krishna-bhakti a battle-cry to the ills of >

society: "Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/Hare > Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare."> > > Sincerely in Krishna Mercy,> > Yochanan-dasa :)>HI,start like this!begin a study circle ,invite people of similar wave length.create 10 topics on krishna without mentioning name of any GOD/RELIGION?!circulate a copy to all to come prepared for discussion!may be like..1. the art of man making,2. eternal love...and so on...you start /initiate discussion ..express your views ..see how it goes.do not reveal its concerned with krishna but a message.give me a feed back.GPS Hare Krishna, In Krishna and Jesus' Footsteps of Bhakti, Yochanan-dasa

Never Miss an EmailStay connected with Mail on your mobile. Get started!

Hare Krsna! I am really grateful through Krsna's Mercy to receive your message in regard to this. I have set my living room as my "sacred place" for Krsna. Usually, I read a passage of the Bhagavad-Gita As It Is, then offer a spiritual discussion related to the passage read in the Authorized Scripture (Bhagavad-Gita As It Is). After that I lead the tiny group I host into silent meditation with the Maha-Mantra as the meditational core focus. Then, I have an open prayer time, in order to thank Krsna and praise Him. During this time, I allow people to munch on some Krsna Conscious refreshments, except when we meditate and chant the Maha-Mantra through congregational chanting of the Holy Names and silent meditation. Usually, I also add in a corresponding teaching of Christ related to the Bhagavad-Gita passage read, through "The Gospel of the Holy Twelve", which contains a Vaisnava-form of the Teachings of Christ. My mom and I are the only ones, who meet together weekly for the moment, due to its beginning in the "infacy" stages of the meet-up group or which I refer to as a "spiritual recovery support group". The reason I refer to the group as "recovery-based" is for this one reason only: We, as human beings are trying to "recover" from the social ills of the materialistic world, and trying to stay situated in the Krsna Conscious "spiritual platform", of which is known as "returning" back home to the Supreme Personality of the Godhead. That is why, whether people disagree with me or agree with me, I have made it into a spiritual recovery support group. Every one who is born in this world needs to recover from the social ills of materialism and strive to achieve Krsna Consciousness in the highest spiritual bliss. Often, I say to people, that Krsna Consciousness is the highest

ecstatic bliss one can experience in this "limited" lifetime. Well, Thank you for sharing your insight. Hope to hear from you soon C. Dasa. ys, Yochanan Dasa -Krishna Conscious Spiritual Recovery Support Group- DHARMA <sprouts4u wrote: Hare Krsna! I have had thoughts about this also. I live some miles from one Hare Krsna Temple we have here in New Orleans, but it is not always easy to stop by there. My idea is to set aside a room in your house were you can invite people over for Hare Krsna refreshments. Then, if you have trouble staring Hare Krsna discussion with them when they come over then try setting up a TV and play something that will direct them to Hare Krsna. So many Christians have misinterpreted the teachings of Christ. Try to avoid all argument. These are faith arguments. Try handling faith arguments over the internet where we cannot shout at each other. If they are openly offensive to Krsna then I guess we need to avoid them until something can be worked out. Ok, Hope that helps some. ys C dasa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> how do I start a "Krishna Bhagavan"

study group in my local area? Posted by: "yochanan1983" yochanan1983 yochanan1983 Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:28 am (PST) Hare Krishna!I have a question to ask. How do I start an actual "Krishna Bhagavan" meet-up prayer and study group in my local area? Really would desire to serve my peers and share the nectar of Traditional Krishna Conscious spirituality with my peers as well. I do really feel that Krishna will heal and help my peers in my local area. Sharing the Nectarian Bliss of Krishna Consciousness

with others. When I mention Krishna Consciousness, people automatically equate it with ISKCON all the time, and in which these folks fail to see that ISKCON is reform movement in Krishna Consciousness. This Spirituality existed long before ISKCON was founded and established. People have remarked that I am in a cult, because I am Krishna Conscious, or that I worship demonic entity. Of course, these folks are the overly preachy-churchy type of folks and I have mercy and forgiveness toward such people, because they don't know and aren't aware of what they do. Well, back to my question: Has anyone in the group started any Krishna Conscious meet-up prayer groups in their local areas, who don't live near a temple or near devotees? This is the situation I currently face as a new devotee. Then the thought came to me: "Why don't I start a Krishna Conscious Prayer Group Meet-up in my local area? I am sure there

would be a few people, even a small handful, who would be interested in praying to Lord Krishna (and Lord Jesus, because all my friends are Christians, and due to the fact that Jesus is a universal spiritual master and one of the most greatest devotees of all time) and meditating on the Holy Names of God.Well, thank you for allowing me to post this message. Keep Krishna-Bhakti alive and may the past-times of Vrindivana be ever fresh in our inner supersoul, of which we are part and parcel of Lord Krishna. Keep the Maha-mantra and Krishna-bhakti a battle-cry to the ills of society: "Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare."Sincerely in Krishna Mercy,Yochanan-dasa :) DHARMA http://japa-mala.org 504-473-8257 24/7 Cell w/voicemail I want to explain Karma, Dharma, and Yoga. Call or write for guidance and encouragement.http://www.geocities.com/suci123/dharma/cdasa/ Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.

We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.