IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: ANGER

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Simple and most effective way to pevent and dispel anger is to chant the Maha mantra. If you constantly chant Bhagavan's name there will be no place for anger in you. Capil Sookdeo ------------------------- Reshma Sooklal wrote: SIVANANDA DAILY READING FOR 27 JANUARYANGERWhen you become angry leave the place immediately. Take a long walk;stay away for a half hour. Repeat the sacred mantra OM SANTI onehundred and eight times. You will find that your anger subsides.Another way is to count from one to

thirty - your anger will subside.When anger tries to show itself, observe silence. Never utter a harshword. Try to nip it off before it emerges from the subconscious mind.You will have to be alert. It tries to come out so suddenly. But,before anger manifests in the mind, there is agitation in the mind.If you strive to subdue anger, then hatred subsides - but even thenthere may be slight impatience lingering there. Eschew this slightdisturbance also. For a man who is leading a divine life, this is aserious drawback. Irritability is a weakness of the mind. Remove itby practising tolerance, mercy and love. Calmness is a direct meansto the realisation of Brahman.Keep the mind always in balance, in tune. Close the eyes. Dive deepinto the divine source. Feel God's presence. Repeat His name andremember Him at all times. You will gain immense spiritual strength.Meditate early in the morning, before you mix with

people. Then riseabove the thousand and one things which might irritate you in yourdaily life. Then only you will live in harmony and concord. Then onlyyou will turn out wonderful work.Man wastes much energy by becoming angry, very often over littlethings. The whole nervous system is shattered and agitated. If thisanger is controlled, by brahmacarya (purity), forbearance, love andvicara (enquiry), a man can move the whole world. Anger manifests sosuddenly that it is difficult to check it. The impulses it generatesare so powerful that he is swayed by them. Control anger. Control themind.

Get your own web address. Have a HUGE year through Small Business.

Dear brothers and sisters

Here is what i learned and found to be a practical proven method to neuatralise the anger:

As supression of anger is more dangerous than expression of anger, anger is to be neutralised at its root level though many "quick fix" remedies (like deep breathing, changing 108 times, counting 1 to 30 etc) will help a lot to avoid anger.

5 minute of Introspection daily before bed will tranform you totally from the habit of anger. Just think to whom you have got angry today from morning to night, what was their role to trigger you to get angry, what was your contribution for them to behave like that. Please remember you cannot change others, best is we change ourselves from not being afflicted by external situations/people. You start the exercise with whom you get angry most (normally closed ones like husband/wife, children, then others..) and do an autosuggestion (preferably after a prayer or meditation) that i will be calm what ever the situation with this person etc...Do visualise daily that with this person, today i am not going to get angry. Within 1 monh, you would be able to see the change.

Life is to live happily, so practive not to give sorrow to others and learn not to take sorrow from others as well.

Trust to be of some help you all

regards

Muhu

Capil Sookdeo <capilsookdeo Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 3:38:21 PM Fwd: ANGER

Simple and most effective way to pevent and dispel anger is to chant the Maha mantra.

If you constantly chant Bhagavan's name there will be no place for anger in you.

Capil Sookdeo

------------ --------- ----

Reshma Sooklal wrote:

SIVANANDA DAILY READING FOR 27 JANUARYANGERWhen you become angry leave the place immediately. Take a long walk;stay away for a half hour. Repeat the sacred mantra OM SANTI onehundred and eight times. You will find that your anger subsides.Another way is to count from one to thirty - your anger will subside.When anger tries to show itself, observe silence. Never utter a harshword. Try to nip it off before it emerges from the subconscious mind.You will have to be alert. It tries to come out so suddenly. But,before anger manifests in the mind, there is agitation in the mind.If you strive to subdue anger, then hatred subsides - but even thenthere may be slight impatience lingering there. Eschew this slightdisturbance also. For a man who is leading a divine life, this is aserious drawback. Irritability is a weakness of the mind. Remove itby practising tolerance, mercy and love. Calmness is a direct meansto

the realisation of Brahman.Keep the mind always in balance, in tune. Close the eyes. Dive deepinto the divine source. Feel God's presence. Repeat His name andremember Him at all times. You will gain immense spiritual strength.Meditate early in the morning, before you mix with people. Then riseabove the thousand and one things which might irritate you in yourdaily life. Then only you will live in harmony and concord. Then onlyyou will turn out wonderful work.Man wastes much energy by becoming angry, very often over littlethings. The whole nervous system is shattered and agitated. If thisanger is controlled, by brahmacarya (purity), forbearance, love andvicara (enquiry), a man can move the whole world. Anger manifests sosuddenly that it is difficult to check it. The impulses it generatesare so powerful that he is swayed by them. Control anger. Control themind.

Get your own web address.Have a HUGE year through Small Business.

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

Hi ,But is controlled anger good sometimes.Once my father gave some amount to myuncle to start business.He never returnedaccounting only the losses later I came toknow that he had profits. I have never seen myfather buying any ornaments for my mother , howeverI came to know that my aunt have bought ornaments from the borrowed money.My uncle always used to lie.Even in my engineering days none of my father's relativeshelped him. I didnot get admission in the college I wanted.I have always seen my mother saving and working hard al throughher life.But insted of scolding his brother he did not eventell me anything of this.He would mention the good childhood days but never about anything of these. I learnt all these from one of my relative.My blood used to boil whenever I thought of my uncle but my father would never feel angry.At this point I thought is anger not justified

sometimes.With Regards,ShubhroCapil Sookdeo <capilsookdeo wrote: Simple and most effective way to pevent and dispel anger is to chant the Maha mantra. If you constantly chant Bhagavan's name there will be no place for anger in you. Capil Sookdeo ------------------------- Reshma Sooklal wrote: SIVANANDA DAILY READING

FOR 27 JANUARYANGERWhen you become angry leave the place immediately. Take a long walk;stay away for a half hour. Repeat the sacred mantra OM SANTI onehundred and eight times. You will find that your anger subsides.Another way is to count from one to thirty - your anger will subside.When anger tries to show itself, observe silence. Never utter a harshword. Try to nip it off before it emerges from the subconscious mind.You will have to be alert. It tries to come out so suddenly. But,before anger manifests in the mind, there is agitation in the mind.If you strive to subdue anger, then hatred subsides - but even thenthere may be slight impatience lingering there. Eschew this slightdisturbance also. For a man who is leading a divine life, this is aserious drawback. Irritability is a weakness of the mind. Remove itby practising tolerance, mercy and love. Calmness is a direct meansto the realisation of

Brahman.Keep the mind always in balance, in tune. Close the eyes. Dive deepinto the divine source. Feel God's presence. Repeat His name andremember Him at all times. You will gain immense spiritual strength.Meditate early in the morning, before you mix with people. Then riseabove the thousand and one things which might irritate you in yourdaily life. Then only you will live in harmony and concord. Then onlyyou will turn out wonderful work.Man wastes much energy by becoming angry, very often over littlethings. The whole nervous system is shattered and agitated. If thisanger is controlled, by brahmacarya (purity), forbearance, love andvicara (enquiry), a man can move the whole world. Anger manifests sosuddenly that it is difficult to check it. The impulses it generatesare so powerful that he is swayed by them. Control anger. Control themind.

Get your own web address. Have a HUGE year through Small Business.

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.