IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: The Self does Nothing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

:Shree Hari:Falgun Shukla Dvitiya, Vikram Samvat 2063, Ravivar18th February 2007, SundayRam RamIn Gita it is mentioned - "Ahankaaravimudhaat ma kartaahamiti manyate." (Gita 3:27) "The fool whose mind is deluded by egoism considers himself to be the doer." (Gita 3:27)In fact the Self is not the doer. Therefore the spiritual aspirant should hold, "I do nothing", and he should stand firm on this truth. "Naiv kincitkaromiti yukto manyat tattvavit." (Gita 5:8) "He who knows the reality of things even though seeing, hearing, touching, seeing, eating, moving, sleeping, breathing, speaking, passing urine and stool, talking and opening and closing eyes must believe that he does nothing." (Gita 5:8)When a spiritual aspirant does not have the sense of doership and taintedness, he attains perfection i.e. attains God Realization. "Yasya naahamkrto bhaavo budhiryasya ne lipyate." (Gita 18:17) The

attachment to a person, family, things, money etc is the result of a tainted intellect. Both the sense of doership and taintedness are unreal, but have only presumed to be real. "Sharirasthopi kaunteye ne karoti ne lipyate." (Gita 13:31) "This Self (Soul) inspite of living in this body, neither acts nor gets tainted." (Gita 13:31) Just like when we are sitting under sunlight, the sun remain untainted. It does not have the feeling that "I am the lightThe light is mine". Such ego and sense of mine-ness does not exist in the sun. Similarly the Self, inspite of illuminating all activities, it remains untainted. In fact it does not illuminate the actions, but the activities get illuminated by it, which means that from that Self, the activities obtain their own existence and motivation. Identification with the unreal leads to flaws like attachment-aversion , pleasure-pain, anxiety-fear and perturbation- commotion. etc. Ram

Ram

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time with the Search movie showtime shortcut.