IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Vicara

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Now I will tell you what vicara is. Now I will tell you what vicara is. Vicara means enquiry. It isan enquiry into the nature of Brahman or atman. Enquiry of, "Who amI" is also vicara.What is bondage? What is freedom? What is the relation betweenthe jiva and Brahman? How was this Universe born? Who is the Creator?These constitute vicara.Vicara leads to Brahma jnana (realisation of the Infinite).You are imprisoned in this cage of flesh for a long time on accountof your identification with the body. Cut this illusion with thesword of knowledge. "I am the all-pervading sat-chit-ananda Brahman" -and be ever blissful.Give up "I-ness, mine-ness," agency or doership. Become a silentwitness. This is wisdom.Brahman or the absolute is the only reality. Mind and the universeare unreal. Mind alone is the universe. Action of the mind alone iskarma.Renunciation of egoism and desires constitutes

real renunciation.This leads to atma-jnana (self-knowledge) . Practise Brahma vicara andyou will soon attain self-realisation.Identification with the body is bondage. Identification with theatman or soul is liberation."I am body", "This is mine", "He is my son", "She is my wife" - thisis bondage."I am all-pervading immortal soul", "Nothing belongs to me", "All isBrahman" - this is liberation.If the mind is attached to objects, this is bondage. If it isunattached, this is liberation.Where there is no duality, there is immortality. When the three knotsare cut one attains immortality.If your object in life is immortality shun sense-objects as poison.Where there is nothing to be seen, or heard, or thought of, there isimmortality.Immortality is the very nature of atman. The road to immortality issteep and thorny. The help of a realised sage is necessary, at

everystep.means enquiry. It isan enquiry into the nature of Brahman or atman. Enquiry of, "Who amI" is also vicara.What is bondage? What is freedom? What is the relation betweenthe jiva and Brahman? How was this Universe born? Who is the Creator?These constitute vicara.Vicara leads to Brahma jnana (realisation of the Infinite).You are imprisoned in this cage of flesh for a long time on accountof your identification with the body. Cut this illusion with thesword of knowledge. "I am the all-pervading sat-chit-ananda Brahman" -and be ever blissful.Give up "I-ness, mine-ness," agency or doership. Become a silentwitness. This is wisdom.Brahman or the absolute is the only reality. Mind and the universeare unreal. Mind alone is the universe. Action of the mind alone iskarma.Renunciation of egoism and desires constitutes real renunciation.This

leads to atma-jnana (self-knowledge) . Practise Brahma vicara andyou will soon attain self-realisation.Identification with the body is bondage. Identification with theatman or soul is liberation."I am body", "This is mine", "He is my son", "She is my wife" - thisis bondage."I am all-pervading immortal soul", "Nothing belongs to me", "All isBrahman" - this is liberation.If the mind is attached to objects, this is bondage. If it isunattached, this is liberation.Where there is no duality, there is immortality. When the three knotsare cut one attains immortality.If your object in life is immortality shun sense-objects as poison.Where there is nothing to be seen, or heard, or thought of, there isimmortality.Immortality is the very nature of atman. The road to immortality issteep and thorny. The help of a realised sage is necessary, at everystep.

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q&A.