IndiaDivine.org

If you seek an answer........

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Chanting takes our mind deep into itself, where we recollect even the Natal and Pre-Natal Memories, of what we were before being born into this world. I have experienced memories of a past life quite often, and whenever I reconsider carefully, I find that I have always existed, whereas this body is new, and the endless cycle will promptly create another body even if I do not desire it. I have to take extra care not to get into another cycle of rebirth. To take this extra care I must deepen my chanting and yes, if I am serious enough I must retire from active life in order to devote more time to this truth.

Desires are given to us from the moment we are born, even if we have no desire. Desires are unfinished jobs that attract us to do things that lead to fulfillment of some desires. Actually all the people around us simply try to fool us, most of the time, barring a loving few. This Love which everyone seeks and so jealously guards, this love is coming from Krishna. I have seen devotees displaying jealousy of each other, this is not difficult to see, but a healthy competition between devotees can produce fantastic results.

When we finish a lifetime, there must be a moment of reflection, wherein we re-consider if we want to be reborn, or if we want out of this race.That is a very decisive moment, and we must grab it with both hands tightly and seek liberation, otherwise the rebirth is already waiting.It is harder than anyone can imagine, and chanting, only chanting with a sincere attitude and an urgency to find the truth, a desperation to know the truth about Krishna, and an unfailing devotion to krishna despite so many distractions that keep us off the mark, will eventually open up the gates of heaven within us, and destroy the darkness of ignorance that has enveloped the mind since time immemorial. We must develop divine qualities like Patience (Saburi) and Shradhha (Humility) , Apaisunam (aversion to fault finding), and many more listed below (see chapter 16, verses 1-3) which help a lot in realising Krishna.Without humility, no one will tolerate us, humility is a prime quality.

We have to learn to discriminate between real and unreal, between what is good for us and what will not help us along the path. In the end we must establish ourselves in self-realisation by performing devotional service without expecting fruits of action.Once established in Nishkaama Bhava, we can become ready for the receiving of the light from Krishna, which will transform everything into spiritual knowledge,and make us aware of the eternally existing Lokas in this universe, where we can go to, eventually when this earth is destroyed.We have to believe so strongly in Krishna, only then we begin to see.It would be such a lame thing if we did not do anything by our own effort and kept depending on others always.Krishna makes sure we make the right effort ourselves, especially in the final stages of self-realisation.Thus Krishna has given everyone a task to perform- to chant ceaselessly.

In the Gita, Chapter 16, Verses 1-3, the Lord says:-

sri-bhagavan uvaca -

abhayam sattva-samsuddhir jnana-yoga-vyavasthitih danam damas ca yajnas ca svadhyayas tapa arjavam

ahimsa satyam akrodhas tyagah santir apaisunam daya bhutesv aloluptvam mardavam hrir acapalam

tejah ksama dhrtih saucam adroho nati-manita bhavanti sampadam daivim abhijatasya bharata

The Blessed Lord said: Fearlessness, purification of one's existence, cultivation of spiritual knowledge, charity, self-control, performance of sacrifice, study of the Vedas, austerity and simplicity; nonviolence, truthfulness, freedom from anger; renunciation, tranquility, aversion to faultfinding, compassion and freedom from covetousness; gentleness, modesty and steady determination; vigor, forgiveness, fortitude, cleanliness, freedom from envy and the passion for honor--these transcendental qualities, O son of Bharata, belong to godly men endowed with divine nature.

Chant Harinaam and realise thyself...

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare