IndiaDivine.org

Remembering Srila Prabhupada- H.D.G. Is Here to Hound Us

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

H.D.G. Is Here to Hound Us.A favorable news article appeared in the main Melbourne daily, The Age, displaying a large picture of Prabhupada smiling. The headline read, "H.D.G. Is Here to Hound Us." It reported accurately Prabhupada's comments from his arrival interview at the airport: "His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the founder of the Hare Krishna movement, is here to save

us from a dog's life."For unless we cultivate some spiritual knowledge, warns HDG, we are left with 'the dog mentality'."By this, he means a life in which people are conscious only of the needs of their bodies -- eating, sleeping, sex."'The defect of modern civilization,' he said at Tullamarine yesterday, 'is that everyone thinks of his body, which is only a lump of matter. The person is the living pulse within the body. But we are giving more value to the lump of matter without any knowledge of the living pulse."His Divine Grace said the 'dog mentality' was a barrier to knowing God -- and also a barrier to peace."'As a dog is thinking "I'm a dog," you are thinking that "I'm an American" or "I'm an Australian" or "I'm an Indian." That is gross ignorance. The dog is barking at things in the street and you are barking at things in the United Nations.'"The article went on to say that judging by the "spiritual fervor" of the

devotees at the airport, his message had come through. "While waiting for him to go through Customs, they danced and chanted at an ever-increasing decibel level outside the door. ... "Prabhupada was so pleased with the article he asked Pusta Krsna Swami to send a copy to Jayapataka Swami in Mayapur to help with his preaching. He also had it put it in the traveling file.- From the "A Transcendental Diary Vol 2" by HG Hari Sauri dasaCHANT HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE AND BE HAPPY Your humble servant radhabhava gaur das

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...