IndiaDivine.org

Hare Krishna!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna As I listened from authorities I will try to give some answers to your questions. I am not good in english please forgive me if there is any mistakes in my answers and correct me if my answer is wrong. 1.) Can one be a Traditional Krishna devotee and be a Christian at the same time? Ans: You can practice any religion unless it will direct you to the real goal of life i.e Go Back To GODHEAD (Devotional Service). In fact there is no religion in scriptures. As per the dictionary meaning of the religion is "FAITH". Faith can be change at any time. As per scriptures we should follow the 'Sanatana Dharma' (Eternal Dharma). What is that? Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu said that 'Jivera Swarupa hoy Krishnera Nitya das' The nature or position of the soul is eternal servant of the Supreme

personality of GodHead. this is our eternal dharma. If any religion or practice will make you to realize this dharma you can follow that, there is no problem. I am not aware much about Christianity please forgive me if the sentance which I make is not correct. As per my knowledge Jesus Christ Him self told that He is son of the Supreme Personality of GodHead. He invited everyone of us to go back to His father's abode. I read in a conversation between Srila Prabhupad and a famous church father. The father told that the father of Jesus Christ is "Christos''. then Prabhupad said Chrisos and Krishna both were same. As per Bagavd-Gita Krishna spoken the same Gita to Sun God but because of influence of Time The message was deviated. So he again spoke the Gita to Arjuna. Again Chaitanya Mahaprabhu shown practically how to do the devotional service. What I mean to say is Jesus Christ shown

us how to love the Supreme Personality. But because of influence of time the message was deviated. So Krishna send again His pure devotee to western world to reestablish that message. I conclude that any practice which will make you really understand the God and your self. You can follow that. Religion is not meant for ritualistic purpose. Just like traffic rules were needed to reach your destination safe. Rituals also needed to reach your spiritual goal. Without goal following rituals are waste of labour. Thank you very much. I once again beg your forgiveness if the answer in any way hurs you. If you like this answer then I will try to give answer for your second question. Your eternal Servant. Gopi yochanan1983 <yochanan1983 wrote: Hare Krishna!Introductory Thought:I have a couple of questions about Traditional Krishna Consciousness. These are a couple of questions which are burning on my mind this weekend. Here they are:First Question:1.) Can one be a Traditional Krishna devotee and be a Christian at the same time? My Situation: The people of ISKCON confirm it is possible to do so, but I am no longer affiliated with ISKCON, and I am Traditional Krishna devotee. Not sure what is possible in the regards of this issue. Now, I go

to a church to worship and I can see Krishna in Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ in Krishna within the church I worship at (I attend a Presbyterian church, while all of my worship and devotions to Lord Krishna is done at home. Also, I carry out my prescribed duties as a brahmana in public through my actions, speech, and thoughts.Question:2.) How may I share Traditional Krishna Consciousness with people I know without coming across to others as being a "religious nut" or as some other spiritual demoniac-minded people as stating that I am in a "cult"?My Situation: People I know have said that I am somewhat too preachy, when it comes to sharing Lord Krishna and His relationship with Lord Jesus. I have stopped preaching and started focusing on sharing my beliefs with others through my actions and by carrying out my prescribed duties as a brahmana. Religious who are interested in finding out that I am

Krishna Conscious are appalled and think I am involved with ISKCON. Then, such religious folks think that I am in a cult and try to "save" me with their apologetic tactics. I never had this problem with the place of worship I attend regularly, but people on the outside, who areligious have a huge issue with me being Krishna Conscious. Nowadays, I have to kind of "blow off" such people when they talk, so that I don't have to be caught up in their "twisted" spirituality.Conscluding Thoughts and Closing Well-wishing of my fellow devotees:Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and I wish all of you a wonderful Ekadashi this month and next month. Thank you for allowing me to post these questions. May Lord Krishna and Lord Jesus bless us in discovering the ultimate spiritual rush of Krishna Conscious Spirituality. Hare Krishna.Your Eternal

Well-wisher,Yochanan-dasa

Check out what you're missing if you're not on Messenger