IndiaDivine.org

Krishna-Lila ( A miraculous Recovery) !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ! Dandavat Pranams to Bhagavan Sri Krishna and all Vaishnavas ,

This is the recent experience of Smt.Kumari . my cousin sister .

Kumari (49) is a leading lawyer of our area . She had been a brilliant student and she graduated in physics , education and law and did post graduation in English literature . In spite of the busy profession she used to lead a pleasant life with her husband ( a retired army captain ) and their only son .

Troubled times

One year back Kumari was diagnosed cancer in the intestine . It was in a chronic stage and the treatments and surgeries held in the super speciality hospitals failed . She became bedridden at home expecting the inevitable .

A memorable meeting with Kumari .

During my recent stay at home in January , I planned to meet Kumari . But I didn't have the courage to see her in such a painful state . I thought a lot about what best could be done for her . Finally , I bought a copy of `Narayaneeyam' and a laminated pocket size picture of Sri Krishna . Carrying the above and a few eatables dear to her , I went to meet Kumari . For a support , I took with me my mother , wife and son .

Surprisingly , Kumari was in a cheerful mood . She wanted to feed us . When she went inside to bring in some snacks, her husband told us " All possible treatments are over . What remains is just hopes of a divine intervention " .

When she returned , I narrated Sri Krishna's divine interventions in the lives of His faithful devotees , which are known to me .

She nodded in agreement and said " Sometimes back, lack of sleep started troubling me . I was compelled to eat sleeping pills and it's dosage gradually reached maximum but even it failed to give sleep. In utter helplessness , one night I spoke to Sri Krishna " Here I am dying with pain and unable to sleep . There You are sleeping very comfortably . Hey Krishna , You come and make me sleep " . Soon after this , sleep came to my eyes and I slept peacefully . Since then , I am sleeping without the pills " .

I was glad to hear this positive development . Giving , `Narayaneeyam' and Bhagavan Krishna's picture , I urged her to recite Narayaneeyam daily and to carry that picture with her at all times worshipping Him as `Ishta Deva' ( most worshipped Deity) .

Kumari was very happy to receive it . She promised to recite `Narayaneeyam' daily and to carry the picture . Then she started talking about the following pastimes of Krishna that she came to know personally .

a) A Thulabharam with Jaggery ( traditional unrefined Sugar) .

Kuamri's maternal Aunty was to offer `Thulabharam' ( weighing with Jaggery) to Bhagavan Sri Krishna at Evoor temple . Kittu the family servant was responsible for bringing the Jaggery which they had bought the previous day . On his way to temple he thought that so much surplus is unnecessary . So, he took out couple of Jaggery blocks and hid it somewhere for his personal use .

The ritual of `Thulabharam' started at Evoor temple's designated area in front of the Deity . Aunty sat on one platform of the weighing balance and she was weighed with Jaggery on the opposite platform . However, even after placing all the available Jaggery on the weighing balance , it was found insufficient to tilt the scale .

Everyone was upset . But the The Pujari was very calm and he said " If some has taken away any Jaggery , please bring it back . Bhagavan knows about it and that is the reason " .

Immediately , Kittu apologized to everyone and brought back those two Jaggery blocks he had hidden . After placing it on the balance , the `Thulabharam' proceeded smoothly .

b) A Thulabharam with Banana .

Kuamri's one family friend had an offering to conduct `Thulabharam' with Banana, at Evoor temple . The man was weighing 65 Kg . However, they bought 100 Kg Banana . Upon reaching the temple gate , they had second thoughts . So they fist kept 20 Kg in the shop outside and the remaining 80 kg was brought for Thualabharam .

The `Thulabharam' started . The man was being weighed against Banana . At first about 65 Kg of Banana was placed and it found insufficient . The quantity of Banana was steadily increased to 80 Kg but,it proved inadequate .

In this confusion someone said aloud " If some Bananas are kept elsewhere , please bring it also . Let us try then " .

Immediately , that man went outside and brought back the remaing 20 Kg of Banana that he had kept outside . After placing it , the `Thulabharam' was completed satisfactorily .

c) Bi-weekly `Archana' in Temple .

Kumari's family Jyothishi ( Vedic Astrologer) advised her to conduct bi-weekly pre-dawn "archana" (floral worship ) at the nearby temple continuously for 24 weeks . Also He had warned " Your time is not good and therefore it is impossible to complete this ritual without a break . Anyway , you can try "

Kumari completed (23) archanas without any break . However , on the dawn of the concluding 24th Archana , the servant unintentionally bolted the door from outside and left home . Kumari was alone at home and therefore her cries for help were not heard by any one . At last, she started praying Bhagavan with tears rolling down her eyes . Finally, she made a last shout for help . A stranger passerby heard that cry , came there and opened the door . Kumari ran straight to the temple and she just reached on time to complete that Archana at the specified time itself .

Conclusion

Kumari's health has improved . She has resumed legal practice and is now working (3) days per week .

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !!!!SriKrishnaDasa Rajeev.