IndiaDivine.org

Lalu and Kalu

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lalu and Kalu refused to learn anything. Their father was trying by so many ways to get them educated, and by so many ways they were driving the teachers away. So because the father was wealthy, he proclaimed, " I will give half the wealth of my business to any teacher who can simply educate my two boys in simple arithmetic, because if they can learn how to add up sums, then they can at least later in life do some business.

So he proclaimed this, and then one old teacher came. He had seen a lot of life, and he'd seen many different kinds of bad students, so he was quite experienced. So he said, " Let me give it a try. " Unlike all the other teachers, he wasn't acting like a teacher. He decided, " I'll act like I'm the friend of these boys. " So then he said, " Boys, let's forget about these lessons and go for a walk. " So he took Lalu and Kalu for a walk, and took them out to the field, and there were some cows grazing there.

So then he turned to Lalu and said, " Lalu, I wonder if you could tell me how many legs that cow has. " So then Lalu very eagerly said, " Yes. One, two... " he began to count and the teacher was thinking, " Ah, he's learning, very good. " But then Kalu put his hand over Lalu's mouth. " Don't say any more! He's trying to teach you how to count.

Similary, Lord Krishna tries to teach us by so many ways. Sometimes He comes personally and speaks Bhagavad gita, sometimes He incarnates as Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and teaches us, and sometimes He sends His representatives to teach us. But we are so clever, like Lalu and Kalu, that we don't take it.

But those who, out of envy, disregard these teachings and do not practice them regularly, are to be considered bereft of all knowledge, befooled, and doomed to ignorance and bondage ~ Lord Krishna [bg 3.32]